Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  19:10:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Downloading now

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  20:02:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Should be working; we'd really hoped to have the per-release and .zip downloading stuff sorted prior but the people have spoken. Have some new music.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  20:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Jesus Christ, that Show me a sign remix is good!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  20:15:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Correct!

CDJay

Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  20:32:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
Hot damn... the first disc was fantastic! Well worth the wait

Edited by - Ikstra on 2017/05/15 20:32:51
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  20:37:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I love it for sounding more like an HU mix; it's cake and eat it too time.

We're only here because you guys support us, and tolerate our missteps. Ambition is usually our undoing, but someone needs to show some

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/05/15 :  21:27:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Your efforts are greatly appreciated as always CDjay.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  00:06:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I love it for sounding more like an HU mix; it's cake and eat it too ttime

CDJay

Boo. As much as I love the HU series, I enjoy the differences in the styles of a HU Fracus & Darwin mix and what they did on HU's HH1 and was hoping they'd repeat it here. Speaking of which, are there still plans to do a HU8, or are you going to focus on pushing more HH albums?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  00:34:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Outforce & Hartshorn Feat. MC Riddle - Keep It Mello

What the hell was i listening to? westcoast rap style really ruined the track for me

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  09:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

CDJay

Boo. As much as I love the HU series, I enjoy the differences in the styles of a HU Fracus & Darwin mix and what they did on HU's HH1 and was hoping they'd repeat it here. Speaking of which, are there still plans to do a HU8, or are you going to focus on pushing more HH albums?

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound like an HU mix just moreso. It's a fusion; mainstream baiting but more interesting.

As for HU8, the HU series is supposed to showcase the genre "in all its glorious forms". There's so little subgenre activity, atm, I don't think we could make an album that does what we need it to. My suspicion is that we need a bit more time and energy focused on A&Ring new mid tier artists who can then make their mark. I'm hoping to do HU8 in 2018, but it's genuinely difficult to say.

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  14:46:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Jesus Christ, that Show me a sign remix is good!

Yeah, worth the album price alone!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  15:37:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
started with disc 2. it's aight. wayyyy too much powertstomp influence for my tastes. pretty much a powerstomp mix; with maybe 3 or 4 uk hardcore tracks in there. wasnt really expecting something different though. alot of hardcore guys are really pushing that weak; slow; elongated powerstomp kick with the whiny hardstyle influenced synths; and like zero hardcore snare on most of the tracks. Just a boring sound; personally. like head bobbving music. not my fast hardcore stomp stomp sound i dance too.

if anyone unsure what I mean; swoop that daniel seven import mix. now that is a BANGER mix; tracks and all. dude is such a boss; and so on point. I guess though disc 2 is for disc 2 kind of people though... like ****. do peopel really like powerstomp hardcore more than hardcore breaks?

nobody i know does. dnb does way better.

Hotchkiss def saved the day; with a few other tracks. Sure the f & d disc will treat me much better.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/05/16 15:41:28
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  15:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

CDJay

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound like an HU mix just moreso. It's a fusion; mainstream baiting but more interesting.

As for HU8, the HU series is supposed to showcase the genre "in all its glorious forms". There's so little subgenre activity, atm, I don't think we could make an album that does what we need it to. My suspicion is that we need a bit more time and energy focused on A&Ring new mid tier artists who can then make their mark. I'm hoping to do HU8 in 2018, but it's genuinely difficult to say.

CDJay

"focused on A&Ring new mid tier artists who can then make their mark. "

Japan?

Not sure I have seen a fresh hardcore artist come out of anywhere else in a few years.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  16:10:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay, why aren't you on the latest podcast talking about stuff?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/16 :  16:28:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Odd you should say that, as I will be on the next one. Far, far too many people are treating HU like a store which should run with absolute efficiency on par with Amazon. Far, far too few people realise just what it takes to get these projects to happen, and how often other people drop the ball and we get to be held to account for it.

So I'm going to vent.

There's a place for different experiences and expectations; let's look at the food industry. I like fast food franchises, but it's largely different to a high end restaurant. The high end restaurant you might need to make a reservation for. The high end restaurant might make you wait for a seat at a table. The high end restaurant might even make you wait 20-40 minutes for food.

Expecting HU to basically carry the entire scene, with one full time staff member, and one part time artist/admin guy, action/manage projects, deal with the rest of the scene, do accounts for tens of projects with hundreds of licensees *and* respond to every email or order in minutes is completely impractical.

Someone happily said in the HH thread on FB today "it shouldn't have gone out unless it was ready", which sounds sensible to me. We tested it as best we could, yet one product variant fell over. Rather than answering every FB query or scattered post/reply as it came in we scrambled behind the scenes to fix it for everyone rather than spending time telling everyone we'll get it fixed once we're done telling people we'll get it fixed. Also the "get it out when it's ready and/or we can be arsed" is an option that most of the rest of the scene seems to have taken with little positive effect.

(Maybe I'm off base, everyone else seems to spend their time having meetings and talking about grandiose schemes that never seem to actually happen.)

Aaaaaand, exhale

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page