Types of hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/04/08 :  23:49:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage  Reply with quote
i always forget how slow them early 2000s nu style gabba tracks are, can be a nightmare mixing into near the end of a vinyl set (scott brown style)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/09 :  20:46:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
What's anyone's opinions on the higher pitched kicks that are common in hardcore (gabba) now?

possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/04/09 :  20:54:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage  Reply with quote
can you post some examples? dont really follow any new hardcore/gabba any more
unless you mean the kind of stuff on one of the hardcore underground 8 cds. think it was end of saiyan mix

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/09 :  22:29:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Not a fan of these high pitched kicks

possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/04/09 :  23:38:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage  Reply with quote
much prefer this style kick, seems heavier
https://youtu.be/FXHRYVKTBo0

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/04/10 :  10:08:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
What's anyone's opinions on the higher pitched kicks that are common in hardcore (gabba) now?

Hate them to be honest.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/10 :  10:09:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Not a fan of these high pitched kicks

Just standard hardcore these days from what I hear. Piep kicks are worse. (pipe) GPF do piss take remixes with them. They are funny, and when they dropped it at Tomorrowland was funny as fk tbh.

I just saw this for the first time, laughed my arse off and I think that's brilliant. Just a blatant pisstake but banging as fk. More of this please GPF , the sign that said Sefa is gay ! lmfao now I think I may have a new found love for piep kicks.

Edited by - LeVzi on 2021/04/10 10:11:39
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/04/11 :  10:55:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by possys2:
much prefer this style kick, seems heavier
https://youtu.be/FXHRYVKTBo0

That track is almost 20 years old...

I don't mind the newer kick, as long as it's within moderation (I couldn't take a whole set of that donking kick though XD)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2021/04/11 10:56:24
possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/04/12 :  03:02:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage  Reply with quote
yesah man, that track is 20 years old, i thought we was talking talking about kicks being high pitched compared to how they used to be?

btw, im not a producer, im hopefully going to learn this summer, how to make music

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/04/13 :  18:04:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought Angerfist was one of the first to start this nonsense. They sound absolutely awful.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/14 :  04:48:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I thought Angerfist was one of the first to start this nonsense. They sound absolutely awful.

He might have been, it was just the evolution of the "tock" of the kick going that way, now its the only way.

I am not a big fan either tbh, but in some case it really is ****ing banging

possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/04/14 :  16:56:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage  Reply with quote
that horror tune is mental. proper banging!

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/14 :  20:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
The Forever Young bootleg kicks aren't that high pitched, more of standard hardcore one (imo).

Here's another Paul Elstak track - like the start of it but not fan of when the kicks get harder - towards the end of track the kicks get pitched up higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfYE8hZ_5n8

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/15 :  04:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The Forever Young bootleg kicks aren't that high pitched, more of standard hardcore one (imo).

Here's another Paul Elstak track - like the start of it but not fan of when the kicks get harder - towards the end of track the kicks get pitched up higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfYE8hZ_5n8

It's just a pitched tock. Its the same kick with the tock pitched higher. The introduction of the Tock , as you say, is standard now, but its a pitched thing compared to tracks before it

Not sure if the tock thing came from hardstyle or not, or was the other way around, but I like it, but hate it as a producer

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/04/15 :  21:18:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

He might have been, it was just the evolution of the "tock" of the kick going that way, now its the only way.

I am not a big fan either tbh, but in some case it really is ****ing banging

That second one is awful, Gabber needs bass!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page