Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/16 :  08:32:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
I thought Angerfist was one of the first to start this nonsense. They sound absolutely awful.

He might have been, it was just the evolution of the "tock" of the kick going that way, now its the only way.

I am not a big fan either tbh, but in some case it really is ****ing banging

That second one is awful, Gabber needs bass!

Its not gabber its uptempo

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/16 :  19:31:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
The Forever Young bootleg kicks aren't that high pitched, more of standard hardcore one (imo).

Here's another Paul Elstak track - like the start of it but not fan of when the kicks get harder - towards the end of track the kicks get pitched up higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfYE8hZ_5n8

It's just a pitched tock. Its the same kick with the tock pitched higher. The introduction of the Tock , as you say, is standard now, but its a pitched thing compared to tracks before it

Not sure if the tock thing came from hardstyle or not, or was the other way around, but I like it, but hate it as a producer

That's more like the style of kickdrum I prefer in hardcore in those two tracks. I know they are older tracks, AOF - Bomberman hadn't heard.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/17 :  05:55:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I liked that era for hardcore too, AOF - Earthquake was a good one, the scott brown tracks around then too. Neophyte etc. Was good times.

My personal favourite

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/18 :  10:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
What's anyone's opinions on the higher pitched kicks that are common in hardcore (gabba) now?

Hate them to be honest.

This type of style is in hardstyle also. I'm don't listen to much of it but seems to be becoming more popular in at least last couple of years in many tracks. There's still the standard hardstyle kicks used but increasing number of tracks with the higher pitched ones.

Other tracks have a different kick - which usually begin with a kick with very little low end to them with alot of reverb and the kick progresses into a harder and higher pitched one.

There are also hardstyle tracks with a harder kick which sound similar to a hardcore kick.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/04/18 10:18:12
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/04/18 :  10:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
What's anyone's opinions on the higher pitched kicks that are common in hardcore (gabba) now?

Hate them to be honest.

This type of style is in hardstyle also. I'm don't listen to much of it but seems to be becoming more popular in at least last couple of years in many tracks. There's still the standard hardstyle kicks used but increasing number of tracks with the higher pitched ones.

Other tracks have a different kick - which usually begin with a kick with very little low end to them with alot of reverb and the kick progresses into a harder and higher pitched one.

There are also hardstyle tracks with a harder kick which sound similar to a hardcore kick.

I'm not averse to a bit of variety or the fact they have a high pitched tone, it's just they have no guts at all. They also make my ears ache at high volume.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/19 :  05:44:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hate them to be honest.

I'm not averse to a bit of variety or the fact they have a high pitched tone, it's just they have no guts at all. They also make my ears ache at high volume.

No guts at all, LOL as opposed to what ?

If you were stood there with that sound system, the low end would be slamming you in the face.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/29 :  16:05:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
I listen to some trance (not as much as used to a few years ago) Some tracks in the past have contained an acid bassline riff such as this below:

If this 2016 trance track was speeded up to 180bpm, parts of it especially the intro section would sound like some mid 2000s freeform.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/04/29 16:09:32
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/04/30 :  07:03:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I listen to some trance (not as much as used to a few years ago) Some tracks in the past have contained an acid bassline riff such as this below:

If this 2016 trance track was speeded up to 180bpm, parts of it especially the intro section would sound like some mid 2000s freeform.

Man I really don't like tracks like that. If I was off my face in a club somewhere I would listen to it, but i'd be thinking how can anyone get a buzz from this.

Problem is once you stick to a certain type of music its hard not to compare everything to it.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/04/30 :  09:12:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Man I really don't like tracks like that. If I was off my face in a club somewhere I would listen to it, but i'd be thinking how can anyone get a buzz from this.

Problem is once you stick to a certain type of music its hard not to compare everything to it.

I was never really a big fan of acid riffs, the one in this remix is repetitive. I did like a good number of trancecore and freeform tracks which had the acid sound in them. In freeform in the 2000s, I did like the trance influence which did work well in many tracks.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/04/30 09:13:38
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/05/01 :  09:27:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was never really a big fan of acid riffs, the one in this remix is repetitive. I did like a good number of trancecore and freeform tracks which had the acid sound in them. In freeform in the 2000s, I did like the trance influence which did work well in many tracks.

I was never a fan of the trancecore freeform sound but I did like the early acid techno that was about like Clarkee used to play from time to time.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/05/04 :  18:12:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hate them to be honest.

No guts at all, LOL as opposed to what ?

If you were stood there with that sound system, the low end would be slamming you in the face.

Edited by - Vladel on 2021/05/04 18:15:52
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/05/05 :  06:54:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Theres no difference

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2022/04/26 :  19:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
It must have been around 1998 or 1999 when the Dutch happy hardcore scene was 'killed off'. Think there was a Dutch hardcore track in particular that caused the downfall of the happy side of hardcore in Holland/Europe. Was it likely it contributed to the downfall of happy hardcore in the UK in 1999/2000?

What if the happy hardcore scene in Holland/ Europe in particular didn't go the way it did - do you think it would have retained its' popularity in late 1990s or do you think it would probably have started its downfall anyway into 2000s. There probably was still a smaller following into 2000s with the likes of the Party Animals but not Paul Elstak with him going down the millenium hardcore and gabba direction. In more recent years it's been good he has produced some happy hardcore tracks again.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2022/07/23 :  19:07:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Not a fan of these high pitched kicks

That first one isn't to bad, but if your referring to the gabber kicks from a few years ago, AWFUL! Gabber tracks where coming up in my youtube feed and was thinking wtf! Crap sounding and the amount of kick changes jesus! But thankfully seemed to move away from that a bit, def not as common anyway.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2022/10/06 :  20:48:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Some Frenchcore from Remzcore

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2022/10/16 19:38:32

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page