Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/12/26 :  11:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
I have given up getting upset about the physical products.

The thing is they have only not sent me what I have purchased on 1 occasion and that was made right by a refund. They have always got the job done in the end. I'm sure they will get everything they owe to us at some point.

The other reason is I got my self another 160GB 6th Generation Slim iPod classic. To replace the one that broke years ago. So now I'm not reliant on CD's. The HI-FI system I listened to my cd's on has a Dock connector on top for old iPods. The digitals are enough for me now but being someone who was reliant on physical I know how frustrating it can be.

They will deliver. They always deliver. I'm sure your grandchildren will bring it to the home when it does arrive.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - MusicILove on 2019/12/26 11:22:37
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2019/12/26 :  22:19:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Digital/Physical, it doesn't bother me TBH in terms of playback. My PC plugs into the back of my fairly meaty hifi and just about everything I listen to comes out of that.

What actually irks me is the not getting what I paid for and having no solid idea when/if it will arrive. I know there are those on this forum who believe it will come eventually and their newsletter today alludes to as much as well but 9 months, regardless of the issue is... excessive.

If it had been sold as a digital only product then I would have still bought it and from the newsletter today, that appears to be the model they are going for from now on!

What'd be nice (since CDJay has gone radio silent) is an email to all the people that bought it with a more solid update of what the delay is than "it's coming" every once in a while from them up until fulfilment.

I might buy that HHC Undergroup EP before the year is out, my new years resolution doesn't kick in until next Wednesday :-)

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/12/26 :  22:25:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I wish they offer some samples. I want that new HHU EP, but that's a lot of $$$ to shell out for a blind buy.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/12/27 :  14:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
they usually use soundcloud/podcasts for their samples.

And that new HHU album... do anyone know who the hell Jack in the Box is? With a generic artist name like that, it doesnt make it easy to find out... and Discogs has 15+ entries with artists or bands that calls themselves that.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/12/27 14:25:56
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/12/27 :  16:29:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

And that new HHU album... do anyone know who the hell Jack in the Box is? With a generic artist name like that, it doesnt make it easy to find out... and Discogs has 15+ entries with artists or bands that calls themselves that.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.parker.9809672?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARDyZr_p2FJ6HUamu_Q1XrgEoYpfSNxMeFSL1TXnHAmuOTtWk7D16AdXUtlGUNYvDP8YGSV-1zfywuaA&fref=mentions&__xts__[0]=68.ARBrA8X2ON9VXwfvnv9t3pSsWkybsgDEYhGdOPRar9WBOi4fHyX_VD5xPxzhbRVVdnLNGn1M4WSCOKy2QRaNCkY0qGRWDT9o1O-IseJRngK_gpD6FqfdTgD845dtFkWO4KM-K5HmoQ-EODq4xIlQGmh1cj_An3T9kHGeaLv7xKhjH-OFutU4vq7ksk_w5TtqhQEWt55yV8cHOxRwleFbWE_sZPqhV6V0KJUSP8Q7fZx9FjUKxdqhsmqMO4Vpf81oywnbmfy-HaJP6jG4DhD8aE5bmEZTSDjwZcHf2uXOu9U4TKkuFchAWBUqe1SrC0Y3EnoFwMcOYzLirXKW8UkJ_gg

Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2019/12/28 :  01:49:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

Jack In Box (aka Paul Parker) has been around for years. Great producer. Future Breakz is a fantastic label and it's nice to see him working with Darwin etc. His label and profile were all over Facebook last time I was on there (start of the year) so he's not that difficult to track down. ;)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2019/12/28 :  12:40:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah Jack In Box is superb

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2019/12/28 :  13:41:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I wish they offer some samples. I want that new HHU EP, but that's a lot of $$$ to shell out for a blind buy.

I have complained about this many times and they don't seem to care. Can't even be arsed to put anything on soundcloud either.

Blind purchases used to be fine with HU but nowadays, they knock out a lot less than they used to and a higher proportion of that tends to be less than what it once was.

Edited by - Vladel on 2019/12/28 13:51:45
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/12/29 :  01:34:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:

I have complained about this many times and they don't seem to care. Can't even be arsed to put anything on soundcloud either.

Blind purchases used to be fine with HU but nowadays, they knock out a lot less than they used to and a higher proportion of that tends to be less than what it once was.

Exactly my point. They can't rely on their 2006 grounding as an outlet for blind buy trust. I have complained about it as well, and they still don't offer any samples. Heck, it can't be that hard to do post a youtube video of the tracks. It doesn't need any fancy visuals, just the EP cover as the background would suffice. Most of the HU crew are from the 2000s when there would always be samples on juno.co.uk for upcoming CDs, so I don't get it.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2019/12/29 01:36:32
Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2019/12/29 :  17:48:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
I shelled out for the HHU Ep 1, wasn't planning to initially but did so and though it isn't bad, to me it all sounds so similar. It's all based on a single style of happy hardcore from 94/95 and most of the tracks do sound incredibly samey partly because of that. Right now, what Storm and the others at 24/7 Hardcore are doing is far more appealing to me and they seem to be creating better happy hardcore remixes/sounding tracks too.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  17:28:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
I shelled out for the HHU Ep 1, wasn't planning to initially but did so and though it isn't bad, to me it all sounds so similar. It's all based on a single style of happy hardcore from 94/95 and most of the tracks do sound incredibly samey partly because of that. Right now, what Storm and the others at 24/7 Hardcore are doing is far more appealing to me and they seem to be creating better happy hardcore remixes/sounding tracks too.

I'm glad I didn't buy it to be honest because from the previews it sounds awful.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  17:58:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:

I'm glad I didn't buy it to be honest because from the previews it sounds awful.

I liked 3 of the tracks enough to buy the thing.

is it just me, or does everything sound really "high"? almost hurts my ears kind of, but other tracks i put on from other labels sound normal at same volume. i think i have heard others complaining about this on other toons from HU, but i don't think ive ever noticed. either im tripping, or this one is like way off.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/01/19 :  20:18:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Spoke with them and got my situation resolved, here's a msg from them -

I'm aware that for a time, the shipping wasn't dealt with as reliably as it could have been and some replacemenr / lost orders were missed. However Linda is now dealing with ALL post and has made a concerted effort to comb back through any emails or orders that may have slipped through the net and make sure they're dealt with. Anyone who has not had everything they ordered please contact via the HU FB page or website, and their order will be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and of course we're very sorry for any delays or issues anyone has experienced

Sent msg on FB, lets wait and see what happens...

I just e-mailed them from there contact page on there website, waiting to see what they'll say, getting absolutely ridiculous now! placed my order in march!!

What did you order?

I obviously ordered the 2 anthology cds which are giving all the problems, but i also ordered hardcore heaven 4, vinylgroover album and fracus & darwin- greetings from the edge, hu e-mailed me back on the 23rd december saying about the problems with the anthology cds but that the rest of my order should of shipped and that they'll ship it on the 28th or 29th of december when normal postal servives resume after the christmas holidays, still haven't received them!! absolute joke getting! i've had to e-mail hu again asking why i haven't received the rest of my order yet!!

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2020/01/20 :  06:37:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I asked them about a CD I ordered back in December, and HU said something about the Royal Mail system was having technical problems. and that they will be shipping items out this Monday.

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2020/01/20 :  20:30:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I asked them about a CD I ordered back in December, and HU said something about the Royal Mail system was having technical problems. and that they will be shipping items out this Monday.

A holy ducking year still spamming for not receiving the Fracus & Darwin album and few items that I don't remember :). Also spammed to Fracus and having the same reply as "Sorry mate, I will see today what happen with your package". :). Teh****.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page