Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/21 :  06:19:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
What happened to CDJay who used to post here ?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/01/21 :  07:35:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
considering all the shit that has happened lately, I think he's taken off social media completely

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/01/21 :  07:42:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
considering all the shit that has happened lately, I think he's taken off social media completely

I assumed the same. I'm sure all the trouble has wrecked his mental health.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/01/21 :  09:17:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Last time I saw him at a rave (4-5 year-ish), he seemed perkly and all, but after a few drinks, you could notice how everything is weighting down on him (this was around the time the bigger names kept shunning him and Gammer barely did any proper advertisement for his HU album).

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/22 :  09:03:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
I dunno the bloke, but is he one of the good guys ? Or is he the reason its all going tits up ?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  13:25:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Finally got the missing anthologies today. No more news on BTR yet though.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  14:31:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Finally got the missing anthologies today. No more news on BTR yet though.

Yay! Hopefully mine are waiting for me at home.

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  17:10:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
Does anyone know if all the tracks in the digital version of the latest anthologies has been fixed yet? I also just today received my CD copies though not tried them out yet.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  17:12:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't even remember what's supposed to be wrong with them

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  20:16:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Does anyone know if all the tracks in the digital version of the latest anthologies has been fixed yet? I also just today received my CD copies though not tried them out yet.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have had almost a year to fix it and they haven?t. I mentioned this more than 6 months ago.

Not impressed.

I'm still upset at the fact I had to re buy tracks from the Warped Science and 24/7 Bundles.

This stuff can't be that hard to fix. I am going to have a go at fixing Dream Surprise myself. I was really expecting the CDs to be fixed, Even if the download didn't get updated.

It's such a shame its Dream Surprise that's broken. Oh well. I'm not going to stress anymore about it.

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/03/06 21:41:47
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/03/06 :  21:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I dunno the bloke, but is he one of the good guys ? Or is he the reason its all going tits up ?

He is a good guy.

Every interaction I have had with him has been positive. He replaced a track that got corrupted in my diversions USB. He told me how to get the USB out of the Dark Shadows Steel box thingy because I couldn't find it. He always responded to my moaning emails about where were the collectors edition and Blu The Roof emails.

He tried his best and did everything he could. He really wanted the best for HU and for Hardcore in general. He got let down so many times by so many people.

My speculation
I don't think he is involved with the day to day running of HU anymore. As far as I can tell Fracus does the business stuff and the sorting of albums and Linda with the same last name as Darwin deals with the shipping. I'm assuming they're related or married. This is what the moving thing was about.
End of my speculation.

I feel very sad about how everything turned out. I know I was one of the people piling on the pressure when deliveries were missed and promises were broken. I now feel really bad for that. 99.9% of the issues were not his. The only thing he was guilty of is trusting too much and believing people when they said they would do something.

He had to deal with upset people like me for issues he couldn't help. I'm sorry for my part in that.

I hope that whatever he is doing now he is happier and dealing with less stress. He said a few years ago about going to do home theatre instalations so I assume he is doing that or taking a well earned break.

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/03/06 22:28:29
Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/03/07 :  00:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have had almost a year to fix it and they haven?t. I mentioned this more than 6 months ago.

Not impressed.

I'm still upset at the fact I had to re buy tracks from the Warped Science and 24/7 Bundles.

This stuff can't be that hard to fix. I am going to have a go at fixing Dream Surprise myself. I was really expecting the CDs to be fixed, Even if the download didn't get updated.

It's such a shame its Dream Surprise that's broken. Oh well. I'm not going to stress anymore about it.

Hang on you saying the CDs contain the same messed up versions of the tracks as the downloads? That is really messed up if true.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/03/07 :  04:36:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I like what Al does, but don't make him into a hero he is not. He is, after all, supposed to be the one who handled his own stuff on HU, not cdjay

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/03/07 :  06:22:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I like what Al does, but don't make him into a hero he is not. He is, after all, supposed to be the one who handled his own stuff on HU, not cdjay

I?m aware of that my post about the broken files was aimed at him. Especially because he still went on to sell the warped science catalog on bandcamp with 1 broken track still. It?s still there

https://247hardcore.bandcamp.com/album/warped-science-the-complete-collection

Track number 126. You can see the time.

Even worse is the fact you can go and buy the fixed file off any download store.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2020/03/07 :  11:09:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
So the two new anthologies are on CDr discs. Utter utter junk.

Nearly a year for 10p CD recordable discs with wonky tracks on them.

I won't spend another penny on anything at HU now, they are dead to me.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page