Printer friendly
Page: 
of 25

Author Thread  
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  02:49:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
STILL won't be worse than number 5.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  02:58:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I enjoyed Summer Madness but thought Gammer & Dougal did a crap job mixing their disc; most of the tracks didn't even feature an outro/intro transition. I stopped getting the Clubland Albums after vol.5. I don't think the albums capture "the sound" of Hardcore. They capture only the Styles, Breeze, and Hixxy sound; there are still a whole other side of Hardcore that the Hardcore Underground peeps showcase on their albums.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  11:54:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
I did'nt even know it was comming out. Curious to which direction it will take. I think it will be more uplifting than last time. Probably take on alot more influence from the big room house sound as clubland Cds seem to follow alot with what is going on in the large scale dance scene.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  17:34:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
I think CXH3 was the worst one, that CXH7 was a step in the right direction (5-6 were so-so, 4 my fave) but CXH8 was a step back again. Curious to see what 9 brings...

My SOUNDCLOUD

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  17:47:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I think CXH3 was the worst one

Agree.

quote:
that CXH7 was a step in the right direction

Agree.

quote:
5-6 were so-so

Agree.

quote:
4 my fave

Agree.

quote:
but CXH8 was a step back again

Agree.

quote:
Curious to see what 9 brings...

Agree.

quote:
What you doing tomorrow night, we should hook up!

Agree.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  03:00:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote

I was wondering when we would finally hook up.

My SOUNDCLOUD

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/12/04 :  17:11:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Was only a matter of time.

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2012/12/04 :  17:17:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
They are on 9 already?

My thoughts exactly.

Fire Shadow wasn't kidding when he said I hadn't missed much.

Does Hixxy still have a 'bonus' disc?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2012/12/04 :  22:41:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd expect the Hixxy disk will feature..
I hope it's not 3 CDs of relentless electro stuff with soft kicks and bland, minimal drops. I don't hate it as much as some but it's not extreme, or hard, just a little faster. A significant part of the scene, but there is more to it then that.

Personally I'd like tougher kicks and bouncier music and breakbeats (yeah, I'm one of the older guys!) Wishing for a return of breakbeats, etc. is pretty much a lost cause, but I'd like to hear some actual rave music on there. Sure, it's a step back from the polished sound the big guns are firing out at the minute, but it's what I'd certainly like to hear more of.

Before anyone says, I know this stuff is readily available elsewhere, I'd just appreciate one of the more well known and commercial series to represent this music a bit better. Not (probably) the least 'Xtreme' form of hardcore we've had in years and nothing else.

As much as I'd love to see Bonkers return, I doubt it would be amazing and something to really look forward to like it once was (well, nothing really is now, but you know...)

Long like Hardcore Underground, I say.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  18:59:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Surely it can't be worse than the last one. Was predominantly full of shite with the odd anthem dotted about it, but because I got that fed up listening to the same repetitive noises and farting sounds I missed the majority of them. I'd then hear these anthems at a rave or on a set recording and be amazed to find that it was on clubland.

This year has been pretty good imo and the music seems to be going in the right direction again so I'm expecting it to be good. And it will be as long as they get the balance right because they got it horribly wrong last time round.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/12/06 :  20:52:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
It's a shame about CXH8. 3/4 of it was full of same-sounding bass/minimal drops but if you managed to shift through it all, you'd see it had some absolute smashers like I'm Sorry, Feel Alive, Fallin' From the Sky, Sora Blue and Hardcore til I Die (except for that terrible shriek) on CD3, Right by Your Side (Gammer Remix) and Bright Like the Sun on CD1 and Crack It Smack It and For a Lifetime on CD2, with actual melodies and uplifting riffs.

My SOUNDCLOUD

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  03:57:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'd expect the Hixxy disk will feature..
I hope it's not 3 CDs of relentless electro stuff with soft kicks and bland, minimal drops. I don't hate it as much as some but it's not extreme, or hard, just a little faster. A significant part of the scene, but there is more to it then that.

Personally I'd like tougher kicks and bouncier music and breakbeats (yeah, I'm one of the older guys!) Wishing for a return of breakbeats, etc. is pretty much a lost cause, but I'd like to hear some actual rave music on there. Sure, it's a step back from the polished sound the big guns are firing out at the minute, but it's what I'd certainly like to hear more of.

Before anyone says, I know this stuff is readily available elsewhere, I'd just appreciate one of the more well known and commercial series to represent this music a bit better. Not (probably) the least 'Xtreme' form of hardcore we've had in years and nothing else.

As much as I'd love to see Bonkers return, I doubt it would be amazing and something to really look forward to like it once was (well, nothing really is now, but you know...)

Long like Hardcore Underground, I say.

I'd like to see such a big cd release that doesn't have "...remix" by every track name. Would it really hurt the big guns to release some original work on these albums?

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2012/12/07 03:58:08
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  04:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I'd like to see such a big cd release that doesn't have "...remix" by every track name. Would it really hurt the big guns to release some original work on these albums?

Original tracks on CLXH8 per CD:
Darren Styles: 11/19
Breeze: 16/20 (I'm including the VIP mix in this)
Re-con/Hixxy: 18/19

Compared to, let's see, the first one:
Darren Styles: 6/17
Breeze: 5/18
Hixxy: 5/16

Edited by - lurker on 2012/12/07 04:20:07
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  07:12:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:

Yes but all those original tracks were horrendous dub core and i'd rather have the old pop remixes a hundred times over that shite that doesn't even have the right to be called hardcore. Not that i'm a fan of the pop remixes because a lot of them are horrible but atleast i could stand having them as part of the collection which is now incomplete due to not being able to buy the cxh8 monstrosity. (I cannot bring myself to pay for such drivel).

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  12:06:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:

Did you include the bootlegs/remixes that haven't been credited as a remix? For example, Remand (I'm guessing Re-con & Demand) - Something's Gotta Hold On Me is a remix of Flo Rida - Good Feelin.

My SOUNDCLOUD

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 25 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 21  22  23  24  25
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page