of 25

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/01/03 :  20:53:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I love listening to mixes crammed full of tunes and tricks, but then again i buy the full tracks too. I can understand how people who just buy albums would be against it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/01/03 :  23:41:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I love listening to mixes crammed full of tunes and tricks, but then again i buy the full tracks too. I can understand how people who just buy albums would be against it.

Pretty much the same way as well. I used to complain when the whole trend of 24+ tracks in a mix, but then I realized the whole point of a mix cd is to appreciate it as a whole and not focus on the individual track.

Back when tracks were released vinyl-only it made sense to have less tracks that were played longer because it would be easier for a non-dj to appreciate the tracks that weren't readily available. If you want longer versions of the songs then buy them and make your own damn cd.

I personally think it's great to have Gammer on the compilation. The series has gone stale for a long time and even though the last cd was a bit better than the previous, it was still one pretty bland album. The question now is, who's been dropped, or has the album now turned into a 4-disc album?

MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  00:45:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
I wouldnt be suprised if it was Hixxy who was dropped, since I'm pretty sure his HTID label hasnt had a release since the last Clubland.

Meanwhile, Darren Styles and Breeze have loads of forthcoming material.

Edited by - MaidenV on 2013/01/04 00:47:51
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  03:45:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I hate the "mixing" on the Clubland Hardcore cds; mainly because there isn't any. I love to hear tricks in a mix, and I also like to hear a good 1:00-1:30 transitions. DJ Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 8 is a good example. I also love how Hixxy indexed that particular mix.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2013/01/04 03:47:03
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  09:19:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I don't like the 30-60 seconds clips la Gammer's mixing. I went crazy listening to most of his Low budget mix CD cause once you got into the tunes, another tune got mixed it. It just made me frustrated. Might be fine for a live crowd but not for sitting at home listening. :(

Totally agree with you there I hate mixing that is constantly too short to appreciate the whole tune. Like that lowbudget Gammer dj set I just couldn't enjoy even though it was free.
I do like trickery and stuff though, I prefer the way Joey Riot does trick mixing compared to Gammer.

I am excited to hear the next Clubland Extreme Hardcore though. A lot of my favourite producers have been supported on the previous compilations. Guys like Mob, Alex Prospect, Recon, Demand, Petruccio, Modulate, Klubfiller and Squade.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2013/01/04 09:24:14
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  09:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I hate the "mixing" on the Clubland Hardcore cds; mainly because there isn't any. I love to hear tricks in a mix, and I also like to hear a good 1:00-1:30 transitions. DJ Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 8 is a good example. I also love how Hixxy indexed that particular mix.

so you love my mixing then? :)

Actually, I'm right in the middle. I do like transitions, but I've kinda started to dislike them if they sound like a breakdown inbetween each track (it's enough that most tracks themselfs "calms down" after the intro).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  16:45:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I don't like the 30-60 seconds clips la Gammer's mixing. I went crazy listening to most of his Low budget mix CD cause once you got into the tunes, another tune got mixed it. It just made me frustrated. Might be fine for a live crowd but not for sitting at home listening. :(

Completely opposite for me. I love listening to gammer at home or in the car, but at a rave he's the worst! Mixes in a wicked track, start getting into it then he slams something else in. It's pretty infuriating!

The guy is one of the most technically gifted dj's in all of dance music in my opinion, but i still walk out the room when he comes on.

I have to say though, when dougal and gammer play back to back. Incredible!

Also, it's gonna be Styles, Breeze, Hixxy and Gammer. So either 4 cd's or one will be b2b maybe? Least they're changing it up though!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  20:33:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
https://twitter.com/djgammer/status/286916990059282433

Gammer announces he's doing a mix for this.

Presuming they allow him to do his usual style for said mix, I'm pretty hype for this.

Well then they have just literally made it extreme hardcore dubstep. If i was on twitter i would comment that surely the next one was clubland extreme hardcore 8 because that last album was not hardcore.

MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2013/01/04 :  20:51:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
If i was on twitter i would comment that surely the next one was clubland extreme hardcore 8 because that last album was not hardcore.

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  10:36:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
hm.. remembering clubland xtreme hardcore 5 was good, 6 not so, 7 was very good, 8 not so, i think we are in for a good one again (i hope)

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  10:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Problem for me is on CDs like HU5, when they mix so fast, so, so so many of the tracks are unreleased, like DJ Brisk's I'm Not An Addict, Al Storms Poltergeist (BS it was released, they ruined the TID version), etc.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  13:08:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
From Breeze's FB:

Release Date for Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9

Feb 4th 2013

Featuring

Darren Styles - Official Page
Mark Breeze
Hixxy
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page

3 CD's

CD / DIgital.

My SOUNDCLOUD

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  15:37:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
From Breeze's FB:

Release Date for Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9

Feb 4th 2013

Featuring

Darren Styles - Official Page
Mark Breeze
Hixxy
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page

3 CD's

CD / DIgital.

4 DJs, 3 cds...who's sharing a disc?

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  16:13:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Probably Styles & Breeze!

My SOUNDCLOUD

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/01/05 :  16:19:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
Should have been 4 discs! I know S&B are similar but there live sets aint apart from 3 or 4 tracks!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 25 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 21  22  23  24  25
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page