Page: 
of 25

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  12:35:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Oh yeah, definitely man! I've got both the originals too, and they are lush! Might have to dig those out later! In fact I think I'll try find them now. :-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  17:36:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
whats re con doin now then? and whats dougals new business?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  18:42:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
whats re con doin now then? and whats dougals new business?

Re-con produced a number 1 hit for ne-yo last year so obviously has bigger fish to fry. He has a residency at a nightclub in Liverpool every sat playing house music using his real name mike di scala. Fair play to him though he still has the time to make some hardcore but seeing re-con at a rave is like seeing the pope at a rangers match these days (Scottish joke ;-))*
Dougal now owns a nightclub in Northampton so obviously spends a bit of time doing that but he is still making a lot of hardcore and playing at raves. He did take about a year out recently though only appearing at the bigger events

*disclaimer I am aware that a new pope is about to be unveiled as I write this, still don't expect to see him at a rangers match any time soon ;-)

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2013/03/13 19:02:42
DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  18:48:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
You can NOT book Re-con for any Hardcore events! You will only see him at HTID possibly Slammin/HH!!

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  23:27:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
It's so sad Re-Con went mainstream and Squad-E's output is, well what it is at the moment. Twista was such a fun label and most tunes were just solid and did a good job everytime they got played.

Actually there was this one Squad-E remix

and then he used the same riff here

and here

Edited by - Jacco on 2013/03/13 23:33:00
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  23:29:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:

Fixed, dude :-)

Chris Core

United Kingdom
105 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  00:18:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris Core's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Core:
I used to love the hardcore till I die cd series, on which squad-e mixed...shame that series was axed...i always get confused...is hixxy's htid label related to the hardcore till i die albums owned by clubland?

Na don't think so, hixxy is the brains behind hardcore till i die events and the htid label. The more recent htid albums were done by aatw, the same crowd who do the clubland albums. Hixxy must of sold aatw the rights to use the htid brand for the albums after react went down the tubes. Which is why you have HTID 1 & 2 that were brought out about 10 years ago then HTID 1,2 & 3 that were more recent

ahh right...this solves a lot of confusion for me...and the original hardcore till i die 1 and 2 were separate to aatw hardcore till i die albums? I thought all three were pretty good, so many good tracks...hardcore slut, pizzaman, last goodbye, tru-e...great memories listening to those albums

Chris Core

United Kingdom
105 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  00:25:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris Core's homepage  Reply with quote
and whilst we're on the subject of defunct albums...hardcore heaven summer madness was great...shame there was no follow up...

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  00:46:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
and whilst we're on the subject of defunct albums...hardcore heaven summer madness was great...shame there was no follow up...

Careful using those phrases round here.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  11:19:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

lol! Why can't he say that? I thought that album was great!

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  15:07:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
CHX9 digital release will consist of mostly edits, but well done ones, not just cutted and at an ejoyable length (~ 4 minutes), not the 2 minute shit of CXH8, so that is great.

Regarding Future World etc.... I think they are trying to get away from TrackItDown to Beatport (and of course support iTunes) because that is a lot better, many scenes use Beatport and it hightlights quality releases over 99% of the shit on TrackItDown.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  15:30:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Interesting, interesting.

Do you whether, if you buy it digitally - you can still buy it in continuous mix form? Or does it have to be all of these semi DJ edits?

And yeah, there is so much dross on TID these days. At the very least they could give Hardcore, Freeform and Gabber their own categories, instead of just their own tags.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  19:40:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
quote:

I distinctly remember a good deal of people being pissed at the track lengths!

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  20:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
quote:

I distinctly remember a good deal of people being pissed at the track lengths!

http://www.trackitdown.net/track/various-artists/hardcore-heaven-summer-madness-unmixed-tracks-edits-3-dj-mixes/hardcore/3556095.html

Most seems to be fairly long, by Clubland standards :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  23:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
seeing re-con at a rave is like seeing the pope at a rangers match these days (Scottish joke ;-))*

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 25 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 21  22  23  24  25
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page