Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  22:22:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:
a lot of people gonna insult me but i don't give a shiit. i went on the soundcloud of ELIOTT and i think he makes good tracks he needs a little work but his tracks are more beautiful than GAMMER. good melodies happy choice of synths and a good knowledge of the elements for make a beat. i even downloaded 2 of his tracks.

and it's not very serious from someone notorious like GAMMER to answer like this to a listener

Wow, thank you very much. You've made my day!

I'm a bad and inexperienced engineer, that is true, but I'm glad you can see the ideas underneath. :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  22:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
but its also the guy who's remixed Futureshock last month

heard this today... all i can say is wow, really really good remix!

Are you talking about the Darwin/Mr. E/Obie track? Because if so then DAMN I'm excited to hear that.

It's on the latest HU podcast...

CDJay

There's a degree of redundancy in pointing out something already confessed.

CDJay

Brilliant!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  22:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
The original Futureshock is an all time favourite of mine. Bit nervous about listening to it.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  22:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Don't be; it's that rare remix that riffs off the original whilst daring to dream. I was, and am, thoroughly impressed.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2015/03/25 22:52:06
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:04:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Here goes...

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:06:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Wow, nice thread making something out of nothing.

A trollsy reply on a trollsy comment generates a wall of text that people make what they want it to be. Touch? Elliot!

If anyone had read/remembered the comment on facebook/twitter it would be obvious what's going on. But hey, then there would be nothing to freak out about.

dammit :(

why does this keep happening? i don't like putting effort into a post and then having the whole conversation being dismissed as banter or wall of text.

for the longest time i have looked for a good justification to criticise music based only on what it sounds like, and i was hoping one of those guys would convince me. i don't like this disease of "lets not talk about anything that is seemingly escalating". it's not like anything more important than "lol this gammer made fun of this guy" is being discussed here meanwhile.

Edited by - oxis on 2015/03/25 23:15:38
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:07:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Future Shock original is also one of my favs. Don't compare it to the original Dean or you will be disappointed.

It's a very good track in its own right but just very different without many main elements of the original.

I've grown to like it the more that I've heard it played. I've also been lucky to hear it played out a few times. Decent!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:09:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Future Shock original is also one of my favs. Don't compare it to the original Dean or you will be disappointed.

It's a very good track in its own right but just very different without many main elements of the original.

I've grown to like it the more that I've heard it played. I've also been lucky to hear it played out a few times. Decent!

Spot on there Ben!

Really like it, but you're right, comparing it to the original is a definite no no.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:24:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
So has Gammer had a stroke?

Why did Ponder suggest Gammer had a stroke?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/25 :  23:54:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
He left autographed photos and used lingerie.

CDJay

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  05:33:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
I kinda do agree but i have to disagree, music is evolving as much as i prefer 2004-2010 hardcore, we cant do much to stop the genre from changing, i love gammers old trancy riffs and amazing melodies, some of his new stuff is slammin but you can compare it to any of his older stuff.
To Quote Elliot "You used to be good but now, You are Bad"

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  07:20:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Funny thing is a mate from australia is over at the moment and he completely turned off hardcore when he went back in 2012 mainly due to the "dubcore shite". He was only ever a casual listener but had an understanding of the music to a point of catching the mainstream but nothing beyond that. We had a great afternoon when i got to show him some of the good stuff that came around since he left and told that the top tier can be ignored if need be and under that, there is still a fantastic scene still going.

Basically i told him the top tier tried to kill it and the two men from scotland saved it! Lethal theory all the way....

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  08:01:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
but.. What's the problem? For a scene supposedly on its arse there's textures and flavours for all palates atm.

Couldn't agree more. I dunno what the fcuk everyone's problem is. I don't know what Hardcore's problem is. Literally - I do not know what the problem is.

All the pilled up morons go to the big raves with the shit music. I go to the nice small raves with choice beats and all the regular ravers who are absolute legends and lovely, lovely people. Everyone's happy.

But apparently, The Scene is dying and "has to change its ways". People have been saying that for at least ten years. I still can't believe so many people lapped up Luna-C's fantasy speech a few months ago, either - again, adding to this feel and mass-stance that the scene is imperiled.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2015/03/26 08:05:56
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  10:59:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Couldn't agree more. I dunno what the fcuk everyone's problem is. I don't know what Hardcore's problem is. Literally - I do not know what the problem is.

I don't like the modern sound and i still agree there is no problem. Things are much better than a few years back. I'm guessing the people making these claims haven't been listening to Hardcore for long enough to see how it evolves over time. The sound changed majorly in 1994, then 1997, then 1999, then 2002, then 2005 etc and with each stage there are people that don't like these changes (including myself) and think that the scene is now dead (not including myself) but it's really not the case. The only aspect of the scene that is really possible to die is the commercial/mainstream aspect of it. And since that is and never was a true representation of the scene anyway then that really doesn't matter. In fact it's very welcome so that more focus can be put on the actual music (since there is no longer any mainstream value). And this has been my interpretation of the situation over the last few years. The scene has moved progressively closer to being about the music again as it used to be before and is a lot more healthy. There might be less quantity but there is a lot more quality. No amount of quantity can ever beat good quality. There has always been this undercurrent of producers putting stuff out just because they like doing what they do (CDJay, Thumpa etc) and as long as that is the case it's not really possible for the scene to die. And this tends to be the kind of people that the scene attracts.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/03/26 11:09:05
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  11:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
but.. What's the problem? For a scene supposedly on its arse there's textures and flavours for all palates atm.

All the pilled up morons go to the big raves with the shit music. I go to the nice small raves with choice beats and all the regular ravers who are absolute legends and lovely, lovely people. Everyone's happy.

But apparently, The Scene is dying and "has to change its ways". People have been saying that for at least ten years. I still can't believe so many people lapped up Luna-C's fantasy speech a few months ago, either - again, adding to this feel and mass-stance that the scene is imperiled.

completely agree mate,

I'm glad we have threads as lively as this as I have a filter on my work computer that blocks almost everything and have usually have nothing to read all day :(

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page