Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  08:00:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Got to agree. Gammer can get as far in music as he likes, but if he can't take criticism on the chin, he's not a professional.

At the end of the day, you do what you do because of passion. If your insecurity prompts you to respond to someone with an opinion, you're doing what you do for the wrong reasons. Added to that list can be Breeze as well. They take to their social pages to either make examples of people to elevate themselves or divide people with opinions from people with a blind admiration.

I don't really see how it is criticism, he has straight out gone and said he is producing shit.

I wouldn't dream of doing that to somebody to there face, what the hell makes it fine over the internet.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  08:59:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
and absolute ****ing shit trap wanabee rave fusion music made for hyphy mainstream "ravers" that is literally the definition of untalented and painfully boring is the future and the apex of his skill.looool.

I felt the same way about 2008 Hardcore (if you exchange the word "trap" for something else) so i think it's more a matter of perspective.

i can't see it to be honest.
female vocals; sweeping rhythms; good tempo; piano;euphoric uplifting sound; all still in check
pretty much stayed in line with the direction of hardcore in that aspect i think. all of those have been ripped away and badly replaced with a feeling nothing even slightly reminiscent of any past era hardcore like . current stuff just sounds like a bad attempt at mixing mainstream club rap sounds in hardcore.
perspective indeed ;)

To be honest I kinda feel the same about 2008 Hardcore. I utterly hated 80-90% of what Gammer (and Dougal) made between 2004 and 2013

interesting. i think the current shift in style is the hardest to swallow yet by a long shot; i can't see how it has anything to do with hardcore; which i don't think could of been argued before...that is really my point i suppose.
i get some people don't like a change here and there... but this is like ordering red sauce pizza and getting white sauce....hardly the same ****ing thing at all!
are they dumb enough to think i can't tell this is not the right kind of pizza?
or did they just stop caring what type of pizza i like to eat ?
equally insulting; don't try to shove some ******** pizza down my throat under another guise just because they can and some people don't care/notice.
this is like pizza (music) de evolution lol

This analogy has made me hungry for pizza

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  09:07:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
i get some people don't like a change here and there... but this is like ordering red sauce pizza and getting white sauce....hardly the same ****ing thing at all!
are they dumb enough to think i can't tell this is not the right kind of pizza?
or did they just stop caring what type of pizza i like to eat ?
equally insulting; don't try to shove some ******** pizza down my throat under another guise just because they can and some people don't care/notice.
this is like pizza (music) de evolution lol

I wonder why Hardcore invites pizza analogies.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=56964&whichpage=8

ninja edit

Spain
51 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  09:18:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ninja edit's homepage  Reply with quote
completely agree with elliot

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  11:01:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I wonder why Hardcore invites pizza analogies.

I understand it's Hixxy's doing.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  13:04:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha!

I was planning on throwing a dog food pizza analogy in there myself

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  15:28:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree with this:

quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The thing I don't get is, Gammer gets a lot of personalised messages stating why you don't like his music. ****ing hell you don't hear me messaging Klubfiller every 5 minutes telling him I don't like his tunes, I just don't listen to his music or his sets and I don't go on any of his social media outlets.

I often think that because Gammer is so approachable and has a quirky attitude, all the mentalists on the internet think they can just message him on the net calling him a ****. Life isn't like that.

Not sticking up for the kid in any way, this is the producer that ripped off Savage Garden, but its also the guy who's remixed Futureshock last month into an amazing tune and made some wicked TWR tracks lately. I don't tell him I hate his Savage Garden rip every time I speak to him.

And this:

quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

I rarely dare to insert myself into any potential drama, these days, but.. What's the problem? For a scene supposedly on its arse there's textures and flavours for all palates atm. Support what you like, the natural order is that which is supported will sustain and that with widest support will thrive relatively. Shout about what you like, not what you don't.

CDJay

I simply don't understand the need to tell a producer that you think they're shit. There's loads of shit music in the world, so I just don't listen to it. Similarly, I can't see a problem with discussing music openly on forums. However, messaging an artist or contacting them directly through social media just to tell them you dislike them seems a little silly.

For what it's worth, Gammer's response didn't seem particularly narky.

I take far more issue with an artist who stands still and rinses their particular forte to death than I do with one who pushes new sounds with inconsistent results.

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  15:31:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
So has Gammer had a stroke?

Why did Ponder suggest Gammer had a stroke?

Because I was joking.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  15:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:

I simply don't understand the need to tell a producer that you think they're shit.

Your tracks are rubbish m8 !

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  15:56:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I simply don't understand the need to tell a producer that you think they're shit.

There was no need but it was fun.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  15:57:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I agree with this:

quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The thing I don't get is, Gammer gets a lot of personalised messages stating why you don't like his music. ****ing hell you don't hear me messaging Klubfiller every 5 minutes telling him I don't like his tunes, I just don't listen to his music or his sets and I don't go on any of his social media outlets.

I often think that because Gammer is so approachable and has a quirky attitude, all the mentalists on the internet think they can just message him on the net calling him a ****. Life isn't like that.

Not sticking up for the kid in any way, this is the producer that ripped off Savage Garden, but its also the guy who's remixed Futureshock last month into an amazing tune and made some wicked TWR tracks lately. I don't tell him I hate his Savage Garden rip every time I speak to him.

And this:

quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

I rarely dare to insert myself into any potential drama, these days, but.. What's the problem? For a scene supposedly on its arse there's textures and flavours for all palates atm. Support what you like, the natural order is that which is supported will sustain and that with widest support will thrive relatively. Shout about what you like, not what you don't.

CDJay

I simply don't understand the need to tell a producer that you think they're shit. There's loads of shit music in the world, so I just don't listen to it. Similarly, I can't see a problem with discussing music openly on forums. However, messaging an artist or contacting them directly through social media just to tell them you dislike them seems a little silly.

For what it's worth, Gammer's response didn't seem particularly narky.

I take far more issue with an artist who stands still and rinses their particular forte to death than I do with one who pushes new sounds with inconsistent results.

All the words above I agree with 100%.

It's nothing to do with me, or anyone else, what Gammer makes. It's his music so he can do what he wants with it. You don't like it you don't listen, problem solved.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  16:09:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
Got to agree. Gammer can get as far in music as he likes, but if he can't take criticism on the chin, he's not a professional.

At the end of the day, you do what you do because of passion. If your insecurity prompts you to respond to someone with an opinion, you're doing what you do for the wrong reasons. Added to that list can be Breeze as well. They take to their social pages to either make examples of people to elevate themselves or divide people with opinions from people with a blind admiration.

I don't really see how it is criticism, he has straight out gone and said he is producing shit.

I wouldn't dream of doing that to somebody to there face, what the hell makes it fine over the internet.

I gave him actionable advice. That is the definition of constructive criticism.

I would say the same thing to him in person if I had the opportunity so there's no element of disconnection between the internet and real life.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  20:43:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:

I would say the same thing to him in person if I had the opportunity so there's no element of disconnection between the internet and real life.

Dear Elliott,
Please go back to writing things that people want to hear, i think you have suffered a stroke or something because you used to be good and now you are bad. Have a think about what is causing you to write such shit on forums and respected artists Facebook pages and remove it from your life. Love, Rodz

Actionable advice so just take it on the chin mate ;)

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/30 :  01:06:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:

Dear Elliott,
Please go back to writing things that people want to hear, i think you have suffered a stroke or something because you used to be good and now you are bad. Have a think about what is causing you to write such shit on forums and respected artists Facebook pages and remove it from your life. Love, Rodz

Actionable advice so just take it on the chin mate ;)

For you, Rodz, I will try my best.

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2015/03/30 :  01:37:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
I was critical of gammer on here like 5 years ago, he PM'd me a sarcastic msg which at the time I took as serious lol.

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2015/03/30 01:37:47

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page