DJ Ham - New album
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
sebastianNL

Netherlands
44 posts
Posted - 2016/08/29 :  09:46:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sebastianNL's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:
If Sy & Unknown would offer something like this I would easily pay even more!

Yeah, you'd probably need more then just money to make this happen.

I'm afraid so :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/08/29 :  19:13:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
vladel: I don't think it will ever catch on. Even if Darren Styles or Gammer did it, considering the demographic of Hardcore. Or do rich people secretly dig Hardcore?

There is a difference here compared to Gammer/Styles doing the same, and that is Ham was not active in hardcore anymore. Although I find it quite expensive, it was an easy decision: no Ham tracks or expensive tracks, so I am in :). If Sy & Unknown would offer something like this I would easily pay even more!

****k i wish ! want sy & unknown so bad :'(

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/08/29 :  20:23:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
I wish for sy & unknown to get back together, but after all that shit happened, who knows if they even talk anymore

Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2016/08/31 :  21:57:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage  Reply with quote
To put the pricing structure of Ham's TEN single tracks in DIGITAL ONLY format into some kind of perspective.

Being a fan of classic hard house from back in the day, when i first started getting into music in the mid '90's in my teens, I noticed that today Tidy Trax released details / pre order of their limited edition Hard Drive project that features every single release on their label - this includes ALL their sub labels and also all the mix albums released over the years.

There are 3 options with limited quantities (circa 200 iirc):

MP3 version ?199 pre order ?249 full release (if not sold out)
WAV version ?249 pre order ?299 full release (if not sold out)
Rekordbox ?299 pre order ?349 full release (if not sold out)

So, for the MP3 option, ?200 buys you the entire catalogue of the label supplied on a physical product. Compare that to just 10 digital only tracks. It's far better value for money compared to what Ham offered.

I really cant see why Ham couldn't offer some form of physical product (i.e USB drive or packaged CD) considering the total ??? involved in what he's offered.

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/08/31 :  23:11:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
shhhh he needs to pay his bills!

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  09:47:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
shhhh he needs to pay his bills!

You really hate this dont you martin ;)

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  10:18:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
To put the pricing structure of Ham's TEN single tracks in DIGITAL ONLY format into some kind of perspective.

Being a fan of classic hard house from back in the day, when i first started getting into music in the mid '90's in my teens, I noticed that today Tidy Trax released details / pre order of their limited edition Hard Drive project that features every single release on their label - this includes ALL their sub labels and also all the mix albums released over the years.

There are 3 options with limited quantities (circa 200 iirc):

MP3 version ?199 pre order ?249 full release (if not sold out)
WAV version ?249 pre order ?299 full release (if not sold out)
Rekordbox ?299 pre order ?349 full release (if not sold out)

hoooooly shit!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  10:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
10 new tracks, never been seen/released before, compared to 60+ tracks that they already have released, made their money off? A real good comparison that... and Im on the "hate dj ham" side of the arguement :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/09/01 10:45:42
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  12:38:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Despite my 'opposition' to the idea, I would still have been tempted if I had that kind of money lying around.

Still think there should be more for the money but I can't criticise anybody who is willing to pay.

When the tracks do surface, I know I'll either be saying 'ha, I knew it was a bad idea', or 'what a Wanker, I knew I should have bought them'

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  13:00:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Despite my 'opposition' to the idea, I would still have been tempted if I had that kind of money lying around.

Still think there should be more for the money but I can't criticise anybody who is willing to pay.

When the tracks do surface, I know I'll either be saying 'ha, I knew it was a bad idea', or 'what a Wanker, I knew I should have bought them'

You can buy them off me if you change your mind for ?15.99 ;)

I really hope he brings home the bacon though!

Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2016/09/01 :  16:38:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
10 new tracks, never been seen/released before, compared to 60+ tracks that they already have released, made their money off? A real good comparison that... and Im on the "hate dj ham" side of the arguement :P

I'd say it's a perfectly valid comparison considering what was offered. For ?100 more than Ham charges for 10 tracks you get an entire label catalogue on a physical product. Judging by the way they've been selling it would appear a lot of people want to fill gaps in the back catalogue, replace vinyl rips, etc.

And Tidy Trax have been releasing on vinyl & digital for 21 years later this year - that's far more than just 60 odd releases.

To put it into perspective. If you were to buy what is currently available digitally from Tidy Trax & it's sub labels in digital format it would cost approx. gbp 3900 to do so. Instead it can be purchased on a custom hard drive for between 200-300. That is a hell of a lot on offer for the money, compared to 10 as yet unmade digital only tracks for ?100 with no guarantee they'll be any good.

My point is what you get vs value for money in both situations. Ham's option does not seem like good value for money considering he's not even delivering a physical product.

Edited by - Alexbturbo on 2016/09/01 16:41:05
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/09/02 :  08:10:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
just hope he doesn't make a pig's ear of it

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/09/02 :  12:47:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Ham is On A Roll with this one, might need a little chesse

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/09/03 :  16:56:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Let's turn this on its head and ask the question, how much would you pay? (If not the full ?100 or perhaps limited run). I think ?30 if I could hear previews and liked a few of them would have been my limit.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2016/09/03 :  21:24:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Let's turn this on its head and ask the question, how much would you pay? (If not the full ?100 or perhaps limited run). I think ?30 if I could hear previews and liked a few of them would have been my limit.

Thats an interesting question...

I paid HU ?25 a couple of years back for a brand new HU4, would probably not go higher than that.

I don't get the whole exclusivity thing (I know some folks do) but for me, if I was selling something I would sell it to as many people as I could. In this case if I got to my 100x100 and there was still demand, use the 100x100 as a threshold to start but keep selling more, even at the same 100 a pop, if he can, why not? I never understood why you wouldn't just keep going, especially here where there is no manufacturing cost, just some bandwidth.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page