Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/04/22 :  04:36:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
The problem is we're working from multiple sources. We got the latest batch on data cdrs with just enough titling to grab a pipe and sit in chair 21b. Ultimately we can work out what is best and assign "Optimum Legacy" status. I will say, for the umpteenth time, this really should have been done twenty years ago 😂

CDJay

Oooh, ouch. CDrs. Bless you for doing all this work then, I've had enough of those fail on me at home already. We all love you for your efforts.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/04/23 :  09:13:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
The problem is we're working from multiple sources. We got the latest batch on data cdrs with just enough titling to grab a pipe and sit in chair 21b. Ultimately we can work out what is best and assign "Optimum Legacy" status. I will say, for the umpteenth time, this really should have been done twenty years ago 😂

CDJay

You said they were difficult to licence from so you would think that means that they really care about protecting their music. I would of thought they would of brought you a gold plated USB drive on a velvet pillow that was stored in a nuclear war proof bunker. I don't know why people don't look after this stuff with significant importance. (Cough Raver Baby) I just hope the force & styles back catalogue is being preserved so one day it can be release for us to enjoy.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/06/26 :  17:29:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
How is it going with the missing tracks?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/10 :  01:34:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk & Trixxy feat. Lenny - See The Light is the one throwing me for a loop. Obviously the two versions are different masters but I have no idea which one is "proper" or how to label them correctly.

Seems the others have been renamed in the packs.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/11/10 :  02:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Have they been silently adding fixes to bundles? I grabbed them a long time ago and I'm worried I need to re-download everything.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/10 :  03:12:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
Have they been silently adding fixes to bundles? I grabbed them a long time ago and I'm worried I need to re-download everything.

Give me a pastebin of what you have, I'll compare to mine. I think only a few file names were changed.

There's still quite a bit missing, I'm hopeful Sweet In Pocket '97 might turn up.

Edited by - Coolgamer on 2019/11/10 03:30:22
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/10 :  06:51:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
or Pleasure and Pain.

well at this point I maybe should stop caring about their server cost and re-download the zips once every day

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/11 :  06:13:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
or Pleasure and Pain.

well at this point I maybe should stop caring about their server cost and re-download the zips once every day

...okay, some of these should still be available even without remastering.

http://classic.beatport.com/track/pleasure-and-pain-justin-time-mix/1291353

Also, seems JAL might be rather against digital archiving.

"What Is JAL Up To Now?
Posted by nathan on Friday, April 21, 2017 8:41:24 AM v
Tags : current news, video production

So let's cut to the chase...

We are well aware that this website is well out dated and for the foreseeable future we do not have to capacity to update it, because of the mammoth amount of content and limited person power.
This site is a snapshot in time of an independent underground legendary and innovative Ivor Novello Award winning Publishing and Recording company?s history. Spanning two decades of dance music, when bedroom studio producers were running things on the UK dance scene. It sadly all came to an end with the introduction of MP3s with the final nail in the coffin being social media, which enable the might of the majors to stamp on and kill the thriving independent UK dance movement?."

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/11 :  09:03:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolgamer:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
or Pleasure and Pain.

...okay, some of these should still be available even without remastering.

I already have some from back in the Beats 24/7 days, but it doesnt feel like proper CD-quality tracks

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/11/11 :  12:47:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Does anyone know if JAL056 Darwin & Poison Rain - If You Follow Me is still missing?
Also JAL078.

Edited by - MusicILove on 2019/11/11 13:31:50

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page