2023 Predictions
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2022/10/14 :  14:12:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage  Reply with quote
- Hoping that Scott Brown returns with more music or gets remastered some tracks that aren't featured on the current catalog.

- Making more worldwide the UK Hardcore spectrum. This year Tatsunoshin was and still being a ground breaker into the genre crossing Hardstyle and UK Hardcore making less japanesey but more UK.

- And sure, more artist album for the current boys.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2022/10/14 :  14:53:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
- Hoping that Scott Brown returns with more music or gets remastered some tracks that aren't featured on the current catalog.

- Making more worldwide the UK Hardcore spectrum. This year Tatsunoshin was and still being a ground breaker into the genre crossing Hardstyle and UK Hardcore making less japanesey but more UK.

- And sure, more artist album for the current boys.

I'm hoping that Scott does something with the full Evo back cat. Like you say remastered. Maybe a limited edition USB, possibly something like what MOB & Enemy did to make it a bit more of a collectors item. But, here's to hoping! I personally don't think he will release anything new, but again, i could be totally worng!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/10/14 :  19:28:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
- Making more worldwide the UK Hardcore spectrum.

That just made Darren Styles and Gammer to leave hardcore and make American EDM instead.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2022/10/14 :  20:35:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I think the Bouncy Techno sound will come back with Buddabeats and El Capitano Records (and similar labels)

I would love to see a return to the 2002-2004 Happy/UK Hardcore sound with 5:00 - 7:00 runtimes with proper intros and outros for mixing

A resurgence of 90s German/Dutch will occur

Luz1978

United Kingdom
57 posts
Posted - 2022/10/15 :  07:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Luz1978's homepage  Reply with quote
If only the force and styles album was being sorted by kniteforce, they did a force and evolution box set this year, the digital element has been delivered but the vinyl part delayed,
but they give regular updates and they have delivered loads of other remastered projects in good time.

If the F&S album has been sent to be pressed then it must be all ready to go and so find it odd that they haven?t given any concrete updates or started pre-sale etc.

I don?t have Facebook, so hoping that someone on here says when it?s going on sale if that?s how it?s being promoted.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2022/10/15 :  07:47:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Even CDJay has a better trackrecord of getting stuff out, and I think even he wont touch the F&S album

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2022/10/15 :  07:56:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I've done a few bouncy bits. Did a remix of Never Lost His Hardcore for Kniteforce which went on the box set.
There's plenty of us wanting to do new bouncy techno actually.

Great remix, I put it in a few mixes last year

There are also a lot of great happy hardcore/bouncy techno influenced tracks coming out on brutal cuts/future breakz, their bandcamp is full of great tracks like :
Time Rhythm & Darwin - Maybe We Can Dream
Time Rhythm & Darwin - Inventor of Wildstyle
Time Rhythm & Impulse - Going Crazy
Time Rhythm - New Jam (Impulse Riders Remix)

Edited by - DJ A.K. on 2022/10/15 08:07:53
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/10/15 :  22:40:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Where's 2023 gonna take our little genre?

I'm starting to think maybe it's just here in the UK that our scene is struggling. There is definitely talent from all over the globe pushing Hardcore.
Scene looks very healthy in Sydney Australia which I did a post aboutnon here

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2022/10/15 :  23:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Where's 2023 gonna take our little genre?

I'm starting to think maybe it's just here in the UK that our scene is struggling. There is definitely talent from all over the globe pushing Hardcore.
Scene looks very healthy in Sydney Australia which I did a post aboutnon here

It's no where near as big here in the States as it was back in the 2000s/2010s. It's only played in certain pockets spread out over the States.

Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2022/10/16 :  23:13:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not sure where it will go, but I'll be producing and DJing either way. Just finished this mix a few days ago.

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2022/10/18 :  19:20:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
The force and styles album has been worked on and artwork and track list completed and I believe that the hold up is the pressing plant for the vinyl. 3 month minimum wait for vinyl to be pressed and sent back,
So typical of Hixxy though that getting the digitals out of the force & styles stuff is held up due to wanting the get the vinyl releases pressed. So can see it being quite expensive with one big package of 12 or so vinyl releases and maybe a usb stick with all the digitals on.

Please don?t say the Force & Styles digital back catalogue is gonna be exclusive to a limited edition USB stick.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2022/10/19 :  04:02:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Has it even been confirmed that there will be a back-cat? I've only heard talks about an album, nothing more

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2022/10/20 :  13:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm so confident that there will never be a F&S album or anything else that if it actually materialises I will buy it and eat it live on Youtube, Facebook or whatever platform it is in 2000 & never

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2022/10/20 :  14:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
if you do buy it, please make sure to rip it first to a computer :D

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2022/11/12 :  02:46:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Will basically keep going in two directions. You have half the scene making more traditional UK Happy Hardcore. 90s & 2000s kind of stuff with fresh production technology.
World Of Obsession
Brutal Kutz
Hardcore 24/7

Then the other half influenced heavily from the Netherlands Hardstyle & EDM scene.
One Seventy
Electric Fox
Justice Hardcore

160 style shit seems definitely on the way out. People are bored of it. Is definitely a Hardcore resurgence in Europe. Hardstyle Producers are dabbling with Hardcore more now. The kicks will definitely keep getting harder.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2022/11/12 02:47:30

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page