of 5

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2023/02/05 :  16:58:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dylan Scott:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I would love to see a return to the 2002-2004 Happy/UK Hardcore sound with 5:00 - 7:00 runtimes with proper intros and outros for mixing

Is that not a thing anymore? I agree, I've been listening to a lot of mixes lately and call me old but, I'm not sure I really like being thrown from one track to the other every two minutes... I feel the depth of some out music has gone.

hasnt been for the mainstream uk hardcore since at least... 2004 XD

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Winterlake

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2023/02/07 :  12:32:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Winterlake's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
*giggles like a shy schoolgirl*

Anyway, I'm back. More importantly, I'm back in a RFU era way and I refuse to kowtow to proven idiots or their lemmingcide disciples. Half the reason for the current scene situ is bad actors running around with zero accountability. It's time for a scene #metoo 😂

Welcome to 2023.

CDJay

Let's kickstart this scene back to life Jay :)

Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/winterlake-thunderclap-everytime-you-fall-radio-edit

Buy here: https://snd.click/thunderclap

Please support new hardcore in 2022 :)

Winterlake

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2023/02/07 :  12:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Winterlake's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Hopefully stop seeing names on lineups that haven't contributed to the growth of the genre in years.

We need to stop putting the "headliners" above the actual guys making the music in 2023. It's time to move on to those who are investing in the scene right now, today.

There will always be a space for the legacy/classics DJ's, and rightly so, but the ones producing the music today should be at the top of those flyers.

Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/winterlake-thunderclap-everytime-you-fall-radio-edit

Winterlake

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2023/02/07 :  12:39:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Winterlake's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Great music will still be held back from release while all the shit gets pumped out. There are great songs out there but the labels have their thumbs up their arses as usual.

I have found the opposite. I came back to Hardcore in Jan 2022, with a clear mission to push fresh & originally written Hardcore, no remixes, no bootlegs. New lyrics and 100% original recorded vocals (bar one tune).

The response has been amazing! I've had lots of support from the major Hardcore labels, DJs, streams, promoters etc. There is an appetite for it.

I have some golden rules, in a set, 1/2 remixes max, the rest has to be originals from the last 2 years and I haven't had any shortage of quality material to play.

I don't even load any of the classics from 90s to 2018 on my USB anymore, so I avoid the cheap sugar rush of throwing a classic in the mix. Deleted the lot.

We all need to push the fresh, original music from current producers like other scenes do, or die. The choice is simple. Will you support us? :)

Edited by - Winterlake on 2023/02/07 12:39:51
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2023/02/19 :  03:23:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Winterlake:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Great music will still be held back from release while all the shit gets pumped out. There are great songs out there but the labels have their thumbs up their arses as usual.

I have found the opposite. I came back to Hardcore in Jan 2022, with a clear mission to push fresh & originally written Hardcore, no remixes, no bootlegs. New lyrics and 100% original recorded vocals (bar one tune).

The response has been amazing! I've had lots of support from the major Hardcore labels, DJs, streams, promoters etc. There is an appetite for it.

I have some golden rules, in a set, 1/2 remixes max, the rest has to be originals from the last 2 years and I haven't had any shortage of quality material to play.

I don't even load any of the classics from 90s to 2018 on my USB anymore, so I avoid the cheap sugar rush of throwing a classic in the mix. Deleted the lot.

We all need to push the fresh, original music from current producers like other scenes do, or die. The choice is simple. Will you support us? :)

I don't think it applies to remixes of old tracks if they are done creatively and do the original justice.. It should more apply to using the same old clubland & raverbaby sounds over and over again. Like those strings have been done to death for 20 plus years. How long can the same sound keep getting used.
Why not look at all the other possibilities like breakbeats, pianos, EDM House riffs, rap sampling.
I'm not saying these clubland productions are bad. The tracks are really well produced. I just think there are so many more things that can be done.

There is a reason why hardcore was head and shoulders above the rest in the 90s. It was a time when producers thought outside the box with creativity instead of trying to sound the same all the time.

Jack In Box is someone that is actually doing something original with his productions.
Future Breaks is probably the best Hardcore label around at the moment.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2023/02/19 04:06:35
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2023/02/19 :  15:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
hm, maybe the first Jack in the Box track that I actually like? :o
impossibre

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2023/02/21 :  14:31:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
hm, maybe the first Jack in the Box track that I actually like? :o
impossibre

Just out of curiosity, what stuff do you actually like? And that's a serious question. I've never been able to figure it out over the decades.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page