Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2022/12/31 :  22:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Even CDJay has a better trackrecord of getting stuff out, and I think even he wont touch the F&S album

I'm sorry... Who has a better track record of releasing albums in the past decade? Pretty sure I did more than everyone else combined 😂

If you had any idea of the levels of idiocy I've had to endure to do that, you'd likely be less sarcastic.

Jesus tricycling christ, I got the Sharkey album due 2001 out with everything unreleased that existed and as reward got Ganar spazzing weekly for months the day after I sent it off then Sharkey promised stuff I publicly posted after paying for his boyfriend to go to Toronto in my place after which he had a meltdown and disappeared for years. Eight months I worked on that album.

I did hu1 in 2006, it's 2023 tomorrow. I saw the album loading coming so started the series. Expanded it as a break even with visibility to enable exposure for digital downloads. When that was no longer viable I came up with the paired digital single model for hh series reboot and the Completionist model. First with direct sale to hmv et al, first with hi resolution audio, first with heavyweight vinyl, first with direct sale (tens of thousands of albums worldwide), free eps, I could carry on but I am wondering what exactly else of worth happened after 2008?

I've been reliably informed that, and do bear in mind I've been off grid curing rare diseases and winning landmark lawsuits (involving the guy from the Diana inquest, Shipman inquiry and Salisbury poisonings) that I'm a running joke. That's... Surprising given the shit show that's seemingly emerged when I stopped full time engagement in mid 2019. Almost seems like it all went to absolute shit the second I turned my back imnsho 😂

Anyway, carry on. Clearly I'm redundant and have never done anything useful for this scene in the past two decades 👍

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2022/12/31 :  22:41:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Also, I'm back. Two new major projects actioned, and believe me when I say they're exactly what should have been happening this whole time.

How a genre defined by youth counter culture turned into a circle jerk for the elderly is obvious. It's been alluded to in this very thread.

It lost it's identity, and turned into a appeasement of people who think it's 2008 yet moan it isn't. I joked in 2013 that Come Running should win track of the year. What's changed apart from pissing off the core audience chasing an audience that isn't there whilst paying people who haven't done anything in a decade to half-heartedly dance for people who probably haven't either.

Nothing is more stupid than squandering the genres potential in the climate of the past six years.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2022/12/31 22:44:35
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2023/01/01 :  09:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Even CDJay has a better trackrecord of getting stuff out, and I think even he wont touch the F&S album

I'm sorry... Who has a better track record of releasing albums in the past decade? Pretty sure I did more than everyone else combined 😂

I didn't make that comment to belittle you. it's quite the other way around, like you said yourself (did more than everyone else combinded)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2023/01/01 09:36:34
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2023/01/01 :  11:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
*giggles like a shy schoolgirl*

Anyway, I'm back. More importantly, I'm back in a RFU era way and I refuse to kowtow to proven idiots or their lemmingcide disciples. Half the reason for the current scene situ is bad actors running around with zero accountability. It's time for a scene #metoo 😂

Welcome to 2023.

CDJay

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2023/01/01 :  11:36:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Anyway, I'm back. More importantly, I'm back in a RFU era way and I refuse to kowtow to proven idiots or their lemmingcide disciples. Half the reason for the current scene situ is bad actors running around with zero accountability. It's time for a scene #metoo 😂

Welcome to 2023.

CDJay

........Are you some sort of masochist? :P

Welcome back mate, looking forward to supporting any efforts in 2023 :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2023/01/01 :  11:58:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Clearly. Ironically I said for years that the idiots needed to be allowed to expose their idiocy so sense could be seen. I'd rather it happened in a less trauma laden (to me) fashion obviously.

We're all here because we at some point loved the genre and what it can be. After all I've sunk in I'll be damned if I let them eternally sink it in the most obviously hospitable climate since the birth of rave itself.

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2023/01/03 :  12:25:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Clearly. Ironically I said for years that the idiots needed to be allowed to expose their idiocy so sense could be seen. I'd rather it happened in a less trauma laden (to me) fashion obviously.

We're all here because we at some point loved the genre and what it can be. After all I've sunk in I'll be damned if I let them eternally sink it in the most obviously hospitable climate since the birth of rave itself.

CDJay

You'll find the forums are largely dead now and most people use the discord

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2023/01/03 :  12:55:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Appreciated, squire!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2023/01/03 :  20:15:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
https://discord.gg/hHhfHUgu Happyhardcore.com Discord

https://discord.gg/rdxnpBnB Alaguans Discord

https://discord.gg/KyEFmKK5 Oneseventy Discord

https://discord.gg/4YAANVZv HPTG Discord

https://discord.gg/ZN3y2tNh Server for the hard stuff but mostly aimed at producers

https://discord.gg/PPp4W8Cj Brisks discord

These are all the ones i have at present, there's a joey riot one but not very much happens on there.

Ardefisty
Starting Member

Chile
9 posts
Posted - 2023/01/04 :  01:30:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ardefisty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Will basically keep going in two directions. You have half the scene making more traditional UK Happy Hardcore. 90s & 2000s kind of stuff with fresh production technology.
World Of Obsession
Brutal Kutz
Hardcore 24/7

Then the other half influenced heavily from the Netherlands Hardstyle & EDM scene.
One Seventy
Electric Fox
Justice Hardcore

160 style shit seems definitely on the way out. People are bored of it. Is definitely a Hardcore resurgence in Europe. Hardstyle Producers are dabbling with Hardcore more now. The kicks will definitely keep getting harder.

You also have the breakbeat guys with stuff like the Future Breakz compilations, not to mention the freeform family, I just listened to the Stamina Records' 2022 compilation, and it closed up really solidly; in the finnish scene, it seems the guys from Carbon Based are finally back from their decade hiatus. Also, Kevin Energy just released an album with some juicy collabs (one from the one and only Lost Soul!)

With guys like these, never giving up, I have high hopes for the scene as a whole. Even if it feels stagnated, this just leaves space for younger producers to step up.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2023/01/31 :  22:48:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
New Scooter track. I like the first part of the track - it's fairly UK hardcore sounding but then it turns to hardstyle kicks in second part. This seems to be becoming quite a common thing in some hardcore tracks I've heard eg. Ben Nicky - Soulmate track.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2023/01/31 :  23:00:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ A.K.:
Hopefully Bouncy Techno will make a return but I?m not holding my breath.

Did you know about this?
https://www.discogs.com/master/2246194-The-Rab-S-The-Rab-S-Lockdown-EP

I need your lovin remix

Not to sound disrespectful or anything, I love bouncy techno but the standard needs to be much higher than this. I know it's traditionally a fairly basic style of music but this is definitely lacking in something.

yes. It sounds a little outdated. Quite uninspired.

It's not hardcore but I like the old skool 90s influences. Thought would make you aware of this remix.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2023/01/31 23:03:01
Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2023/02/01 :  13:32:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Welcome to 2023.

CDJay

Good to have you back sir. It's not been the same (at least from my perspective) since you took a step back. Any info re: genre tracks / artists etc. over the past few years that you've missed, just holler dude and I'll report back.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2023/02/01 :  16:04:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
quote:

Welcome to 2023.

CDJay

Good to have you back sir. It's not been the same (at least from my perspective) since you took a step back. Any info re: genre tracks / artists etc. over the past few years that you've missed, just holler dude and I'll report back.

aren't you too busy uploading videos to youtube? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Dylan Scott
Starting Member

Australia
1 post
Posted - 2023/02/05 :  15:06:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dylan Scott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I would love to see a return to the 2002-2004 Happy/UK Hardcore sound with 5:00 - 7:00 runtimes with proper intros and outros for mixing

Is that not a thing anymore? I agree, I've been listening to a lot of mixes lately and call me old but, I'm not sure I really like being thrown from one track to the other every two minutes... I feel the depth of some out music has gone.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 3.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page