News: PAID - Producers Against Illegal Downloads
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
DJLiight

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  21:10:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJLiight's homepage  Reply with quote
In my opinion, I dont see the point of buying MP3s. For that you can just buy the full CD MP3s are for chumps. I dont see someone as a real DJ unless they buy theyre CDs or Vinyls. Thats just how it is to me.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  21:20:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJLiight:
In my opinion, I dont see the point of buying MP3s. For that you can just buy the full CD MP3s are for chumps. I dont see someone as a real DJ unless they buy theyre CDs or Vinyls. Thats just how it is to me.

Umm, there's about two major labels that release hardcore CD singles.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  21:31:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJLiight:

your 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense. and your 3rd one sounds stupid. there are djs that do DJing using mp3s now and there are others that use vinyl and others use CDs, but CD singles of hardcore tracks are hard to come by. now for the sake of getting off topic, this is not an argument of who is and who isn't a DJ by what media they use

now, some of us (like me) would enjoy to have that whole track by themselves and not have to deal with just owning the track that was str8 from a mix. and since CD singles don't exist (and cost more because of packaging and stuff) mp3 singles make sense. but of course someone should get the whole mp3 CD if it's a mix CD. but if it's an unmixed CD then it would make sense to only purchase individual tracks if there are very few from that album you like.

and in many cases it saves time to buy the MP3 CD because every time i do buy a CD i rip it so that I can put it on my Zune. why wait for shipping (since i'm from the states i have to wait longer) when i can go to a website and pay and start downloading? but personally i still buy the CDs because it helps out the DJs and companies involved in the CD. keeping the scene alive with what i can

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  23:16:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by oscarwildone:
quote:
Originally posted by The Deviant:
You have got to think about who and why some of these people are going down the illegal download route. If you have a young teenager who doesn't have a credit card and they can't borrow their parents, and they want a tune that's not on the latest bonkers or whatever hardcore compilation, then illegal downloads are they only way they can get it. Im not saying it's ok to download illegally, but there are times when peolple who have money, have no way to pay for things.

yes they do. its called paypal

and a bank that needs to be verified, which can... take up 2 weeks? Heck that makes stealing the vinyl from the store more appealing.

If the music is sold locally, I think the CD is the best way, but for guys like me, who doesn't live in a country where Hardcore is "native", I have to import, which makes MP3 more appealing to buy.

Silver, Im not going to defend the guy, but How is your argument any better? If I dont like the fruit, I wouldn't touch it. and about sampling it, a fruit is less expensive to buy 1 for sampling than buying a hardcore record to find out you didn't like it.

But then, maybe we should make a site where we post clips for various releases, and if people like them, they could try to find them in stores or 2nd hand stores?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2009/01/05 23:20:48

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page