Uk Hardcore and Dutch Gabber Scenes
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/01/13 :  03:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ A.K.:
There is also a music snobbery in the UK where any kick drum music over 150bpm is instantly looked down upon were as in Europe its just normal and accepted.
I feel thats why some in the uk producers tone it down a bit and try to blend it with other more excepted styles.

the whole point is to keep the middleclass out, they goto a hardstyle/hardcore event, they will run away calling everyone chavs and scum, and just get laughed at and told to **** off, 2 scenes that won't die because of them sad ****ers

the middleclass largin eeet

chavs scum and loosers largin eeet

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Guest on 2018/01/13 03:41:29
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/01/14 :  15:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ A.K.:
There is also a music snobbery in the UK where any kick drum music over 150bpm is instantly looked down upon were as in Europe its just normal and accepted.
I feel thats why some in the uk producers tone it down a bit and try to blend it with other more excepted styles.

True lad, hardcore is to fast and hard for most people, its the same in Ireland, but I remember years ago when happy hardcore was massive , there was loads of dj's over here playing it, intelligence records releasing tape after tape, the amount of clubs playing it , all the big british dj's coming over here, even in the 2000's the amount of clubs over here and used to have the planet love festival every year as well, for all different types of edm as well as hardcore, now theres hardly nothing just a pity i was to young in the 90's when it was really happening

Happy hardcore rules the world!

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/01/14 :  15:40:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoyalDutch:
as a born in the 90s dutch gabber i can tell you, it all started in rotterdam with the oldschool, that transvered into happy hardcore and later in to the hardcore we know today and many other styles like frenchcore, speedcore, terror hardcore, hardstyle, jumpstyle and so on, go and listen to dj paul elstak one of the founders of gabber and still making music today you will find a complete timeline and transition from the early dutch rave scene till fresh bangers of today and will understand the music and my culture even better

Well was the same in the uk scene with dj's like slipmatt who have been at the start of the rave scene in the uk and the music has evolved from old skool, happy hardcore, upfront. uk hardcore or whatever you want to call it, and theres so many different styles of hardcore in both the uk scene and european scene

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2018/02/09 :  21:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
Think the dutch stuff was rather popular around 1994 to 1996 time. Think it was a big thing in popular culture over there with the gabber etc.

Had lot of commercial hits in top. 10, DJ Paul Elstak, Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo were regular in the charts in nl. Even the more underground stuff was probably popular through the masses of compilations what were out over there. Thunderdome obviously your most well known.

Think even the dutch stuff had sort of success even in Germany to around the time.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/02/10 :  13:35:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
it still is popular, its the worldwide hardcore scene and why uk hardcore is called uk hardcore around the world

if you make tracks, the netherlands is the pro dj circuit

to poor to afford good movies since

loads more, nobody cares for terror, speedcore, uptempo, frenchcore, etc etc etc ********

Edited by - Guest on 2018/02/10 13:36:35
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/02/10 :  13:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
how it rolls, on a PA system, 2 hard for the middleclass and all the crybabies that make it into uk hardcore that will never happen

Edited by - Guest on 2018/02/10 13:54:09
Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2018/02/12 :  02:07:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
not all hardcore is evil and skulls
i also play a bit of hardcore and often drop it in my ukhardcore sets as well.
i have a few mixes on line of mainstream hardcore. alots of vocals and riffs. but there are all styles of hardcore out there as well as ukhardcore some of it is megga cheesey and others is not lol. just have to look for what you like and what appeals to you

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/02/12 :  12:07:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
your playing exactly the same tunes that are on all the main stages at all the festivals and events around europe

uptempo etc have 10 people in a tent out back, nobody cares for it anywhere

Edited by - Guest on 2018/02/12 12:08:08
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2018/02/12 :  15:14:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
The uptempo arena at Thunderdome had about 5000 people in it and the Tunnel Of Terror had 2000 in it you daft ****, uptempo is the most popular sound in Holland at the minute.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/02/12 :  16:19:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
its no where near the most popular music at the moment, infront of main stage of big events and festivals will be 40,000 people, except master of hardcore, then its 10,000

everything in holland will die, and go back to the way it was in no time, if uptempo took over and go back to this overnight

Edited by - Guest on 2018/02/12 16:25:57
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  22:32:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
So how do describe the genre that Darren Styles and Tweekacore are playing in this Defqon.1 video? For me they are more UK hardcore than hardstyle. Influences from hardstyle but more hardcore sounding.

These are the ones I'd say are UK hardcore.

02. Paul Elstak - Luv U More (Tweekacore x Gammer Flip)
03. Darren Styles & Re-Con ft. Matthew Steeper - Rest of Your Life
06. Eiffel 65 - Blue (Team Tweekacore Mix)
07. Darren Styles - Come Running (2017 Edit)
08. Tweekacore - Ready 4 The Tweekend
09. Sander Van Doorn, Martin Garrix, DVBBS - Gold Skies (Darren Styles & Dougal Remix)
10. Tweekacore & Darren Styles - Partystarter (160 Mix)
11. Darren Styles - The Dragon
12. Da Tweekaz & Darren Styles - Heroes (2017 Edit)
13. Code Black & Atmozfears - Accelerate (Darren Styles Remix)
14. Da Tweekaz - Frozen (Tweekacore Flip)
15. Darren Styles - Us Against The World

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2018/03/04 22:34:13
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  22:40:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
What's your thoughts on these tracks in the mix?

What's your thoughts on Darren Styles - Dragon? Sounds good.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/03/05 :  15:16:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
its just reverse bass hardstyle, 99% of what the uk hardstyle scene is, dutch hardstyle is as boring as it gets

Edited by - Guest on 2018/03/05 15:22:03
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/03/05 :  15:25:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
the uk hardstyle scene, with everyone who used to post on here and USH in the playlists on the mixes https://www.youtube.com/user/DJMKN93

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/03/05 :  17:31:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
What's your thoughts on these tracks in the mix?

What's your thoughts on Darren Styles - Dragon? Sounds good.

I like Love You More but that is based on Paul Elstak's version which is always a classic! The rest of it is not my thing really

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page