Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2008/11/19 :  18:02:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
it looks interesting. lots of tracks i have yet to hear which is good.

the first cd looks good. lots of recon and styles like last year. whilst they're a good mix, it can get irritationg to hear the same style mixing and tunes over and over. i hate sopme of styles' tunes too. discolights, flashlights, not for me - well made - but not my taste.

theres a few others, like al storm and jamie ritmen that look good.

cd 2 looks pretty boring. once again, lots of vocal stuff, breeze style..
however ritmen comes in with a nice looking tune and x-rated by mark & UFo also sounds good - but only because it doesnt sound like it'll be a vocal tune..

cd 3 looks almost experimental. hixxy is bcak on the producing scene and all the booty babes stuff looks intruiging - but hixxy works on too much of them - and i hesitate ill get bored..

AATW had better not continue such a style or bonkers 18'll be disappointing. i dont see why dj's cant expand and mix other peioples material other than mostly just their own..

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Alert moderator Go to top of page
J.T.S

United Kingdom
135 posts
J.T.S is verified hardcore artist J.T.S has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/11/19 :  18:57:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit J.T.S's homepage  Reply with quote
Looks like it is a wicked cd...

www.myspace.com/jamesstanhopemusic

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/11/19 :  20:04:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
AATW had better not continue such a style or bonkers 18'll be disappointing. i dont see why dj's cant expand and mix other peioples material other than mostly just their own..

I totally agree.

I'm not saying they should have done that with CXH as for the most part, it's a show case for three talented producers.
But, I'm very worried about Bonkers.

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2008/11/19 :  20:26:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll be debating whether or not if I want it for awhile.

I'm all for a lot of styles, and I'm not gonna shoot something down for maybe a few artists. Ffs, for all you know you might like some of the mixes your self. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely to happen? No.

But, that's never stopped me before. Sure as in hell ain't gonna stop me any time soon, but still a thinker if I might -waste- money or not.

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/11/20 :  13:19:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:

Although this is nothing new I'm pumped for the seven upcoming S3RL tracks, among many others, so a bit of cheesy Clubland amidst all the new releases won't kill me.

What 7 S3RL Tracks????? i gotta know cuz i'm lovin the stuff this guy is puttin out now!

Gabee

Norway
72 posts
Posted - 2008/11/20 :  18:33:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gabee's homepage  Reply with quote
Looking forward to it. And what did I tell ya? The cover is blues

Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/11/20 :  19:33:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Looks like a couple of decent tracks, but overall, I'm not too impressed. Wih any luck it'll end up in the January sales, might buy it then.

Either that or I'll wait until my mate buys it then see what I make of it. If it's good, I'll buy it.

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/11/20 :  20:12:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:

Although this is nothing new I'm pumped for the seven upcoming S3RL tracks, among many others, so a bit of cheesy Clubland amidst all the new releases won't kill me.

What 7 S3RL Tracks????? i gotta know cuz i'm lovin the stuff this guy is puttin out now!

Check the latest new releases post on the front page.

gustozest
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2008/11/21 :  13:02:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit gustozest's homepage  Reply with quote

I think they have to agree licenses for the tunes. It makes it a whole lot easier if the rights are owned by the djs/labels in the mix. I don't have a problem with showcase albums (even if clubland is not obviously advertised as such).

Personally i am pissed off with this series due to aatw totally over sexualizing and polishing up hardcore to make it acceptable to mainstream culture. The marketing for these albums is not really aimed at ravers directly.

Before anyone says; I do know that they need to make money but i feel that they are moving away from what rave is: an open and free environment based on equality (race, sex etc) for people to express themselves without feeling they need to have tits and a tan to justify listening to the music. An appreciation of the roots to the music would be nice. How they do this I do not know, but staying away from being misogynist nobs is a good start (i.e. all aatw videos!)

As far as I am concerned rave has never been sexy and never should be. Long live the messy times and the dirty underground sounds!

Apart from that I am sure the production is top notch and the tunes of the usual standard as can be expected from these guys and a big part of me wishes it does well.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2008/11/21 :  17:03:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I have said it before and I will say it again.

Styles, Breeze & especially Hixxy need to be slowly battered with large wooden beams.

They produce shite and are shite. And I want to beat them!

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2008/11/21 :  19:58:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I have said it before and I will say it again.

Styles, Breeze & especially Hixxy need to be slowly battered with large wooden beams.

They produce shite and are shite. And I want to beat them!

Whatever turns you on mate.

Isn't it weird how every tracklist on a CXH album make you thing ****ing hell why are they remixing that. Still Darren and Mark always deliver - gonna get bought.

RomanticKnight

Italy
24 posts
Posted - 2008/11/21 :  20:28:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RomanticKnight's homepage  Reply with quote
Uh... No Sy & Unknown Traks, no Sy & Unknown Remixes ... uff ... i like those djs XD

djwilson
Average Member

United Kingdom
165 posts
Posted - 2008/11/21 :  20:39:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djwilson's homepage  Reply with quote
looks geat gunna pre-order as soon a HMV upload it.

RaverOfDarkness

Hungary
57 posts
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  05:39:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaverOfDarkness's homepage  Reply with quote
Almost here. I love the sound of the True Believer remix, Darren Styles' I'm Sorry and the Amigos song the most. Sugababes= :(

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  10:49:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Again I think I'll reserve my judgement until I hear samples of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the series...although #2 was a really good album.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page