Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/12/24 :  23:56:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by TypeR:
just imagine how ghey a total sober rave would be. i played a sober rave in a library. it was a cool party, however there was zero vibe. not saying drugs make the vibe, but i'm sure that it helps in a way.

plus i'd rather go to a hardcore rave with 1000 messed up people than to not have hardcore raves at all.

Totally... Parties have been invented so people could get messed up, all the better if it's a Hardcore party!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/12/25 :  00:33:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TypeR:
just imagine how ghey a total sober rave would be. i played a sober rave in a library. it was a cool party, however there was zero vibe. not saying drugs make the vibe, but i'm sure that it helps in a way.

plus i'd rather go to a hardcore rave with 1000 messed up people than to not have hardcore raves at all.

Out roughly around 150 people, how many people do you see dancing? This is from 2 weeks ago

i saw a laser display, saw one person dancing and heard a trainwreck. moral of the story?

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/12/25 :  01:20:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

i saw a laser display, saw one person dancing and heard a trainwreck. moral of the story?

Everyone else is in the other room piled on the floor from too much chemicals. And two people were dancing Thank you! Me, which can see at the very beginning in the white shirt, and then some other guy with a light stick. Moral is, when everyone is on drugs, the atmosphere is dull because they're piled on the floor like dead bodies.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2008/12/25 01:21:31
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2008/12/25 :  01:22:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
it was hard to see, i thought the person at the beginning was the same person at the end

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
Posted - 2008/12/25 :  05:10:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Everyone else is in the other room piled on the floor from too much chemicals. And two people were dancing Thank you! Me, which can see at the very beginning in the white shirt, and then some other guy with a light stick. Moral is, when everyone is on drugs, the atmosphere is dull because they're piled on the floor like dead bodies.

I've been to so many parties where everybody was on drugs and still kicking it! Most memorable of them all would be HTID in the sun. I had never seen people getting THAT trashed and still giving it hardcore.

I guess peoples in that video had all abused Ketamine? That tends to knock peoples out really quick. Choose your party enhancers wisely, people! :P

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/12/25 :  21:46:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time. I also thought Styles & Breeze's cover of Weekend Has Come by S3rl was so lame. Hixxy's mix was decent. Unfortunately I was completely let down by his song "Brother." It wasn't at all emotional or meaningful like I had hoped it would be from what people had said. It was just... it was happy hardcore. He's dead. That just doesn't work.

Just finishing up the Hixxy mix now, but I thought this collection was quite good. Styles' mix was insane, easily the best, and "No 1" by Hixxy was godly. There was a lot of average stuff though, sadly.

Edited by - Trimms on 2008/12/25 21:47:09
Analog Dreams

Belarus
84 posts
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  01:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Analog Dreams's homepage  Reply with quote
I just listened to a few of the tracks on youtube, and I can already tell this cd is brutal! I'm just not digging that clubland vocal style shit. Then again, I never liked a full clubland cd, only a few select tracks that didn't have vocals.

Edited by - Analog Dreams on 2008/12/26 01:30:58
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  04:04:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time. I also thought Styles & Breeze's cover of Weekend Has Come by S3rl was so lame. Hixxy's mix was decent. Unfortunately I was completely let down by his song "Brother." It wasn't at all emotional or meaningful like I had hoped it would be from what people had said. It was just... it was happy hardcore. He's dead. That just doesn't work.

Just finishing up the Hixxy mix now, but I thought this collection was quite good. Styles' mix was insane, easily the best, and "No 1" by Hixxy was godly. There was a lot of average stuff though, sadly.

Umm...S3rl didnt make the original "Weekend Has Come", his is just a Hardcore re-make as well.

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  06:25:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I want to know how Hixxy talked Faith Hill into letting him use her lyrics for his "Slow & Steady Rush" track!

faith hill proberly didnt write the lyrics :P

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  06:58:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
I want to know how Hixxy talked Faith Hill into letting him use her lyrics for his "Slow & Steady Rush" track!

faith hill proberly didnt write the lyrics :P

good point, i didn't even think about that. a lot of singers don't write their own songs.

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  12:04:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time.

I didnt think any of the mixes were as good as 4...I enjoyed 4 aswel but this was a bit of a let down

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/12/26 :  16:05:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I'm half way through Styles' mix and if this is the best then I'm probably going to stick this compilation in the bin, been shockingly bad so far.

*edit*

Half way through Breeze's mix and it's spanking the living shit out of Styles' so far :D

Edited by - jenks on 2008/12/26 17:30:58
Griff1986
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2008/12/27 :  06:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Griff1986's homepage  Reply with quote
i didnt like this compilation it sucked compared to the older x-tremes or am i just gettin old??

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2008/12/30 :  14:38:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Got my copy in yesterday and I have to say, I really enjoyed the Breeze mix the most. Styles' vol.4 mix was much better than this one, and Hixxy's was about the same. Overall though, I thought vol.4 was a better collection, but the Breeze mix just keeps me singing along on vol.5, I'm a sucker for some euro cheese.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2008/12/30 14:38:58
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
Posted - 2008/12/30 :  15:07:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
A lot of different opinions eh? Some people hated Breeze's bootleg cheeze, while others loved it. I get the feeling i'll be in the second group, but I haven't received mine yet... It's a bit long this year!

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2008/12/30 15:07:18

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page