Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:30:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy sounds like a total troll these days :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj_excy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,995 posts

197 hardcore releases
dj_excy has donated money to the site dj_excy has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:39:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_excy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
LEAVE GAMMER ALONE!!

I MEAN IT!!!

pmsl!!!

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:41:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
It's not Gammer who is the mastermind behind OPERATION: INCITE HARDCORE VIOLENCE... Scott Brown actually gave out the orders

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:43:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Scott Brown kept the 'violent' side of it very cheesy and happy in the same way "Happy Hardcore" has the words "Happy" juxtaposing with "Hardcore".

Clublands Hardcore actually tries to sound hostile. "Smack you like a bitch", "Killed The Rave" for instance.

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:47:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Scott Brown kept the 'violent' side of it very cheesy and happy in the same way "Happy Hardcore" has the words "Happy" juxtaposing with "Hardcore".

Clublands Hardcore actually tries to sound hostile. "Smack you like a bitch", "Killed The Rave" for instance.

It's almost like people do this to sound "cool". What a bunch of violent losers :P

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:55:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't want to verge too off-topic with the dubstep/electro argument because I'm not here for that, but here's a rebuttal against a point I hear a lot:

"Trance hardcore wasn't a fad, electro/dubstep hardcore won't be either"

Don't forget that between Happy Hardcore and "Trance Hardcore" there were a few years where Hardcore was VERY directionless. Some people were doing the old happy stuff still (much like people are doing vocal stuff nowadays), and others like UFO were bringing in a lot of Drum n Bass sounds and doing some weird experimental stuff that never really stuck around either, also Vinylgroover was moving away from cheese and doing Hard Dance, but those didn't become the future of hardcore either.

Trance synths are very different from dubstep/electro 'filthy bass'. Trance synths can be used to construct hooks and melodies, they can be used in many ways. Dubstep/Electro 'filth' is low end and not half as memorable. I'm not saying that makes it bad or inferior, but it doesn't have the same possibilities as a trance lead and you're not going to be humming a dubstep drop on the way to work. It's like comparing a 4 string Bass Guitar to a 6 string Electric guitar - one cannot replace the other.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:57:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
The internet revived the love of the scene in 2000 but it looks like that love has been well & truly killed off.

All it seems to be now a days is bitter little boys & girls venting their anger & trying to give meaning to their pathetic existence.

Since when have guys like Wilky had a voice? The guy can't even mix two tunes together nevermind work a production program.

They can't give anything productive to the scene they "love" so much so in order to get their names recognised they destroy the very scene they supposedly support.

Ok, everyone is entitled to give their opinion but to be so twisted about how you go about it is disgusting. Slating these guys that have given every ounce of their being to get to where they are now.

I sincerely hope something does come of this & he does get whats coming to him & it might go out as a warning to other morons like him, however I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2012/01/16 19:58:47
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:57:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Alright, jesus guys, I posted this topic just saying Gammers a little mad. I didnt intend for you guys to go "Oh, no! What an absolute horrible puppy kicking bastard. I'm never buying another song by him, and Ive lost all respect for him"

Seriously? Grow some testicles. People say stuff like that ALL THE TIME, and if you can't learn to accept the fact it wasn't intended seriously you're going to sound like an absolute shit head.

If I was Gammer I'd be so stressed right now. He honestly seems like a nice guy and here Neko is raving how he caused 9/11 and the Holocaust.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:59:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
And dont even get me started on Wilky... he makes me embarrassed to like this scene.

---

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:59:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
If I was Gammer I'd be so stressed right now. He honestly seems like a nice guy and here Neko is raving how he caused 9/11 and the Holocaust.

Stop being so hysterical. I made a point and backed it up with evidence because it was relevant. If you actually read my posts properly you'd understand exactly what I meant rather than choosing to hear the worst and jumping to conclusions about me.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:05:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

Stop being so hysterical. I made a point and backed it up with evidence because it was relevant. If you actually read my posts properly you'd understand exactly what I meant rather than choosing to hear the worst and jumping to conclusions about me.

Wow what an immature idiot.
Anyway, that's pretty much my respect for Gammer lost
What an absolute idiot
I hope they press charges
I think it's immature and I don't want to be a part of that scene.
I'm not having that shit go on.

Over one comment. I really doubt that because someone read "Punch you in the face" they went out and actually did, otherwise theyd have a hell of a time watcing TV.

---

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:12:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
And I guess now everybody fear Dubby HC.

What rlly sucks is tht people think Dubby Hardcore is necessarily bad. They don't understand they either simply dislike it or were convinced by other people into hating it (don't get me wrong, its completely normal). Dubby Hardcore can sound real badass if u know how 2 make it.

And how can anyone expect a positive reaction when everybody shits on his music!

And, minus for him, whats tht "if ANYONE else compares hardcore to dubstep"? Why is he suppose to be ashamed of influencing SOME of his tracks with Dubstep? Dubstep is some badass shit regardless of its commercialization!

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2012/01/16 20:14:48
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:13:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
And Jimmy Carr is a comedian. I do not see the connection here? He is paid to slate people while Gammer is paid to make music.

The problem with hardcore today is that it doesn't try to use it's heritage enough, but instead copy way much of something that's a hit just now. OK so that might've happened with Happy Hardcore, and the tracnier UK Hardcore, but after a while they start to sound more like Hardcore again.

This is probably a phaze anyways. After a few more albums, these guys probably going to make their dubstep/electro sounds more hardcore again... or fail utterly with music that does not blend like trance does.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/01/16 20:16:32
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:16:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Alright, jesus guys, I posted this topic just saying Gammers a little mad

It's all your fault, YOU MONSTER!

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:17:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Alright, jesus guys, I posted this topic just saying Gammers a little mad

It's all your fault, YOU MONSTER!

---

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page