Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  22:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
If a client tells me my work is shit, I would ask why it's shit and what I can do to change it in order to be paid.
If a boss tells me my work is shit, I would ask why its shit and what I can do to change it in order to be paid.
If a load of keyboard bashers say a track is shit, I would ask why it's shit and tell them they're wrong with little threat of them taking more time arguing back than writing "its shit" in the first place. The fact you've said a track is shit and then written essays and spent the time dissecting my posts indicates your worth on a hardcore forum is very little, and your capacity to ramble and engage in debate great. Why are you even here? If you dismiss tracks without expecting anything different, why are you even here? You are of as much worth as Smoogie... you just leave less threads.

You cant tell someone they're not acting their age because they're whining too much, when you are replying and breaking up posts - post for post. You make yourself sound contradicting. You just love typing that much, huh? Its a wonder when you love typing so much that you can ever leave for a month before returning to type some more...

And I'm afraid your wrong again, I was annual captain of my team for the 08-09 season, I have no idea how my swimming impacts this at all.

Done typing yet?
Perhaps you'd prefer to go and listen to some hardcore you actually like. You've had a listen to this, you've left your pointless nonconstructive comment, and you've had your contradictory troll posts. This is swaying off topic, and I've made my point clear and concise. You're writing just to have the last word, and I'm perfectly happy to refuse you that privilege. However, if any admins want to pull their finger out of their arses and close a thread that's gone off topic, feel free, instead of leaving useless popcorn gifs - Rowan. Very helpful. Nice one.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  22:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Olly, no one said this track is shit. Nobody's trolling. We just said we dislike the song and Wong said hed take a break listening to it. I understand your anger, but this isn't the ****ing track for it. You're making everything out of nothing - really no one has made anything that negative about the track. You swooped in, called them all idiots and they riled up at you. Not at the song - at you.
Nobody said this track is horrible. Please stop putting words one everyone's mouths and insulting them.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  22:39:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
The track going off topic has nobody to blame but you. We said what we wanted about it. Then you came in and started bitcing us all out. If you don't mind id like to get back to peoples opinions about the song without you pissing over everyone that doesn't call it God.

---

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  22:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Yet another track that sounds completely lifeless when the kick comes in.

Not constructive

Sort of tune I could go for a piss or to the bar when the breakdown comes in

Wtf Not Constructive

I thought it was shit. I'm sure it's got to notch production or whatever. But **** it was boring.

--

What are you talking about?

People decide to make stupid pointless comments without any backing at all, I go off on one. I admitted I went too far, but hell, why not?
My post is of no less worth than 'Its lifeless, its shit, i need a wee'. They're dismissing a track that would have taken weeks. Im more than happy to attack a post that took about 15 seconds.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  23:21:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
For the record, once you decided to attack my comment (the first one you've listed), I elaborated upon what I actually meant by "lifeless" and, at the very least, eluded to what I believed could fix what I found wrong with it (which would be to turn down the bass and turn up the lead; also after listening to it a few more times I've decided the housey-style kick sounds really out of place too). However, even when I made my criticism more constructive, you summoned the words of Luna-C and declared that my criticism was meaningless anyway. If you're not going to take well thought-out criticism seriously, I might as well write down my knee-jerk reaction and post that (which is what I did in the first place). You're going to react the same way anyway.

And honestly, the more times you post in this thread, the shittier I think this track is.

Edited by - lurker on 2012/04/11 23:28:54
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  23:37:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
If a load of keyboard bashers say a track is shit, I would ask why it's shit and tell them they're wrong with little threat of them taking more time arguing back than writing "its shit" in the first place. The fact you've said a track is shit and then written essays and spent the time dissecting my posts indicates your worth on a hardcore forum is very little, and your capacity to ramble and engage in debate great. Why are you even here? If you dismiss tracks without expecting anything different, why are you even here? You are of as much worth as Smoogie... you just leave less threads.

Just because current uk hardcore is shit doesn't mean all hardcore is shit.

quote:
You cant tell someone they're not acting their age because they're whining too much, when you are replying and breaking up posts - post for post. You make yourself sound contradicting.

Replying to someone piecemeal is not whining. Here, let me help you:
whining: present participle of whine (Verb)
Verb: 1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
2. Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

I not once complained about the track, I've said I think it sounds shit and I've given reasons why it sounds shit. I haven't whined about wanting hardcore to go back to how it was, I've just compared it to how it was.

You have been whining continually about how people don't like this track, that they have no reason not to like it (wtf is that, seriously?) and that it deserves to be liked just for the sake of it's existence.

quote:
And I'm afraid your wrong again, I was annual captain of my team for the 08-09 season, I have no idea how my swimming impacts this at all.

Do you really want me to show you up each and every time you spread your diseased ********? So far there is "I never said it wasn't the best thing Gammer's done", to which you had no response when you got sharted on for that and now this. What your swimming has to do with this is it is another example of how when the world doesn't give you unicorns to play with you bitch like a teenage girl.
Here we go:
quote:
The new head coach dislikes me, and I'm not getting the swims that I should rightfully be getting...
The captains were picked yersterday, and the choice was heavily flawed on many grounds. The committee (the group of people who run the club) are useless, and full of bias people making decisions to benefit their own kids...
Myself, and 3 of the teams other best swimmers are defecting to a rival club, Sudbury Swimming Team because we need the change. Problem is, If i left it wouldn't make much difference. Swimmers come and go all the time. Even if all 4 of us leave, they'd still replace them with younger ones who'd then grow to be as good, or better...

quote:
Sort of tune I could go for a piss or to the bar when the breakdown comes in
I thought it was shit. **** it was boring.

Granted, these aren't particularly constructive. But what would make you happy? "If you made it sound more like 2005 hardcore it would be better, pitched up vocals, a rising melody and a strong continuous bassline four to the floor on beat with kicks", I bet that would make you all smiles.

They certainly make the point however - the track has no real power or energy because the bass doesn't particularly cut it and the melody does not have any sense of euphoria to it. Given the sole purpose of hardcore is to produce euphoria a simple statement that it doesn't is really all that's necessary. As far as constructive criticism goes in hardcore, it's about as good as it gets in terms of personal music preference unless you happen to run into Pope CXXIII who has a complete history of everything musical in his head. Hell, all you can offer is "an anthem with various riffs, uplifting pianos and strings and stuff". Not particularly crash hot.
Most feedback given is usually to do with production quality rather than the actual sound/melody, but even that can be down to preference.

As for listening to hardcore I like, I've been listening to Kev Energy's HH 2&3 mixes and Darwin & Cube::hard's HU1 mix.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  23:39:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Olly, no one said this track is shit. Nobody's trolling.

I did and I am. I even said as much earlier. And he's still biting.

quote:
We just said we dislike the song and Wong said hed take a break listening to it. I understand your anger, but this isn't the ****ing track for it. You're making everything out of nothing - really no one has made anything that negative about the track. You swooped in, called them all idiots and they riled up at you. Not at the song - at you.

This is a pretty good summary actually. The track itself is just the catalyst.

I wonder how much all this aggressive defense stems from the fact that stuff he produces is pretty much dead in the water in terms of interest levels.

Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/11 23:43:11
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  00:03:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
You said I was whining, I said you were replying to my whining each time I posted.

I still have never said this is one of Gammer best tracks. I said it was one of the best hardcore tracks Ive heard, but you should make no assumption that automatically means its better than his other stuff.

Yes I posted that about my swimming club, but go back to that ANCIENT thread and look at the date. If I remember correctly it would be late 2009, when the new captains are annually picked. I was still captain of that squad, and represented the squad in competitive scenario's after that post. A couple of swimmers eventually did defect, but I remained at the club.
"It is another example of how when the world doesn't give you unicorns to play with you bitch like a teenage girl."
Please.. you think you know me well enough to make that assumption? The forum was somewhere to vent about the state of hardcore and to an extent my swimming. The forum was merely somewhere to vent in situations, but that's because I bottled up everything real life threw at me. If thats bitching like a little girl, well look at you. You can't let this go, because your too stubborn not to have the last word. If you genuinely think that Im the biggest bitch here, you must have missed the people allegedly committing suicide and breaking down over various shit.

Perhaps you should say that. Say it once, twice, then just stop. If you dont like it, dont listen to it again. You posted simply to wind me up, evident in your first post. It worked, and what fun we've had since!

And Lurker, I recognise you reinforced your statement, but I'm still responding to peoples reactions about my initial response and why I wrote that.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  00:26:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
Trolling aside
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
I still have never said this is one of Gammer best tracks. I said it was one of the best hardcore tracks Ive heard, but you should make no assumption that automatically means its better than his other stuff.

How vast is your "one of the best hardcore tracks I've heard" collection? For a track to be in the "one of the best hardcore tracks" group but not in the "one of gammer's best tracks" really seems quite unusual, particularly given gammer's music is within the class fo hardcore music.
quote:
If you genuinely think that Im the biggest bitch here, you must have missed the people allegedly committing suicide and breaking down over various shit.

Breaking down isn't bitching, nor is depression. They are proper legitimate psychological conditions that completely inhibit function. That's low, even by the standards of internet one-upmanship, and I'm sure you would have been brought up better than that. I'm surprised you went there.

I don't think you're the biggest bitch, because blackcrow is, and then smoogie. Alex-E also had his time there, but sharpened up his act a few years ago.

As I said, trolling aside. If you can give direct honest responses to this without name calling or hair pulling, you can have the last word and I'll say no more on the subject.

Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/12 00:27:10
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  00:48:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
I guess quite vast, there's a lot of tracks that I've genuinely connected with. Of course there are tracks from different styles and different years that all go into my favourites of all time. Obviously its impossible to spring up a whole list, but stuff like "Sharkey - Today's the Day", "CLSM - Drive Away", "David Pammes & Cesar Benito - Torn (Scott Brown Remix)", "Gammer - Re-Sauce" (plus lots of Gammer tracks. His tracks were always amazingly melodic and enjoyable, obviously), "Carbon Based - Cyclone", Lots of AMS stuff, lots of older Trancecore, UFO, Sharkey etc. If I were to spend all day and filter the best hardcore tracks I'd ever heard, I'd probably come up with about 50 odd tracks. Nostalgia I'd say falls in that pile. Its ticks the boxes musically, production-wise and earns its points for being a track that 'goes against the grain' - in a manner of speaking.

Lets not go down this 'bitching' route. I said I vented on the forum, you said I bitched. In the past we've had fake suicides and stuff, but I'm not dismissing any kind of depression or unhappiness people have... I'm sympathetic to people I know who have issues, and offer my friendship even if they're across the world - a few people on here can vouch for that. I've been in states of depression in the past before I joined here, so to no extent do underestimate it all. My bad choice of words there, obviously, but I've vented as other people have, and you considered that bitching. Not me.

I'm glad we can close that chapter with some sensibility.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  06:37:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Seriously. If no one is allowed to call a track "shit", then no one should be allowed to call it "brilliant" either. To be honest, the line goes where you start namedropping or telling producers to stop producing/"die" (remember the brisk thread a few years ago?). And not everyone can be as constructive as producers can be. Not everyone know what a Kick is exactly, or what an Acidline is.

There's lots of stuff I don't like or even hate (they are 2 different things). I don't like Death Metal because I hate growling. I don't like Rap because it always seems like it's about bitches and money. I don't exactly fancy Rock, because it feels slow compared to Metal. And I don't like dubstep because... well it's shit? These are my opinions, but are they valid in other people's eyes? Some might not be, so I could've just said "it's shit" and they'd think the same anyways.

By the end of the day, our oppinions doesn't matter, but consumer's wallets does. Anything that sells are considered good. You've all seen the Clubland threads. You've all seen how we complain about how they are milking Hardcore, how Raverbaby sold it soul to the devil. But seriously. All Around The World probably started out just like Raver Baby. A little label that released dance music that started to get more and more momentum. If a Label notice that they can change the music, ofcourse they will take that to their advantage. It is and have always been amount money.

This is one of the reason I know why Archee (and me for that matter, if I ever considered producing) doesn't want to sell his tracks, or getting signed to big labels... But seriously, even people who makes music for fun needs to update their sound from time to time. You're no exception Archee, unless you wish to sound like exactly the same for 10 more years... oh wait, that's my quote for Scott Brown >_<

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/04/12 07:25:11
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  10:55:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
cruelcore, stop it. Now you're just making things worse.

Archefluxx started the bloody fight on this thread, and now he returns to it by calling us idiots, and at the same time appologizing for calling the first posters deaf. Contradicting SOB, is all I can be bothered to think.

Its not like i said something of much relevance in any way, no need to tell me to stop. And its not like I care if YOU want me to stop =)

People were treating the track like shit, stating as if they were talking objectively, which they wouldn't do if it was by someone else. Olly was simply being rough himself too. Its easy for one to loose their nerves here. And I agree with him saying people shouldn't treat a track that recklessly. Just that it's a utopic idea by my experience.

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

I second this.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  10:59:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Olly, no one said this track is shit. Nobody's trolling. We just said we dislike the song and Wong said hed take a break listening to it. I understand your anger, but this isn't the ****ing track for it. You're making everything out of nothing - really no one has made anything that negative about the track. You swooped in, called them all idiots and they riled up at you. Not at the song - at you.
Nobody said this track is horrible. Please stop putting words one everyone's mouths and insulting them.

He said "lifeless", remember?
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  11:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Wong said hed take a break listening to it.

i did? i don't remember saying that

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  12:19:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Wong said hed take a break listening to it.

i did? i don't remember saying that

Wrong person. Meant breakbeat Jon.

---

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page