Dear DJ Gammer
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  11:13:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
meh everyone has something to complain about. makes them feel like the have authority or something, i guess. there is so much variety though, you have the new powerstomp stuff which is already gaining its own wave, and then you have people like Qygen making stuff out of the norm, and so much more stuff. there are still big artists making the classic style of hardcore though, to keep it on its feet, while the rest can experiment with whatever they want without potentially ruining the scene.

EDIT: why does every conversation turn into either "the scene is great atm" or "the scene sux 90s was the time"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - oxis on 2015/03/26 11:14:57
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  11:18:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
EDIT: why does every conversation turn into either "the scene is great atm" or "the scene sux 90s was the time"

You could ask the same of so many topics on so many forums lol. People just like to discuss opinions. Or share them either way.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  12:12:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Wow, nice thread making something out of nothing.

A trollsy reply on a trollsy comment generates a wall of text that people make what they want it to be. Touch? Elliot!

If anyone had read/remembered the comment on facebook/twitter it would be obvious what's going on. But hey, then there would be nothing to freak out about.

Nobody is freaking out, as far as I can tell!

So far this has been a discussion thread for pretty much anything from the top tier hating on HHC to the quality of Pigface. Pretty much a standard topic on here!

Apologies for my choice of words but the number of posts today speaks for a "heightened interest". ;)

It was a slow news day mate ;)

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  13:20:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
There has always been this undercurrent of producers putting stuff out just because they like doing what they do (CDJay, Thumpa etc) and as long as that is the case it's not really possible for the scene to die

Please don't put that responsibility on me and CDJay, I can honestly say if we sat down in front of cubase we would not have a clue what to do.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  13:39:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We're putting stuff out, not writing it. As said

This has the obvious advantage of actual critique; considered self and peer critique being something sorely lacking elsewhere.

The worst thing about the rise of self released digital labels is that there is no-one actively assisting "new" talent sound better at this point. Even we've been off the boil wrapped up in our own thing to some degree. Paying for it now during HU7 compiling, yessirreee!

CDJay

DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  14:12:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote
[/url]

nice to see i'm not alone to see this attitude is pretty bad.

for the people who didn't understand PEDRO or DAMIEN (google and reverso are your friends)

DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  14:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote

for the people who didn't understand PEDRO or DAMIEN (google and reverso are your friends)

http://s16.postimg.org/c1eth43md/AVIS_SUR_GAMMER.jpg

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  14:48:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:
There has always been this undercurrent of producers putting stuff out just because they like doing what they do (CDJay, Thumpa etc) and as long as that is the case it's not really possible for the scene to die

Please don't put that responsibility on me and CDJay, I can honestly say if we sat down in front of cubase we would not have a clue what to do.

Haha sorry yeah i just read that back and it makes me sound like I'm saying you two produce. I meant to say 'people' or 'people/labels and producers'.
quote:
This has the obvious advantage of actual critique; considered self and peer critique being something sorely lacking elsewhere.

Yeah i think this is very useful for objectivity.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/03/26 14:50:37
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  16:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:

http://s16.postimg.org/c1eth43md/AVIS_SUR_GAMMER.jpg

I might have missed something that hasnt been mentioned here, but did Gammer himself talk shit about Elliott's production?

Anyways, that Pigface is a good track, but I think it's more aimed at people who like game music or 8bit than Hardcore or Jungle

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2015/03/26 16:36:55
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  16:49:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
i find it pretty hilarious

"I stopped making the 2008 era stuff because I find it painfully boring and over 9000% unchallenging to make"

and absolute ****ing shit trap wanabee rave fusion music made for hyphy mainstream "ravers" that is literally the definition of untalented and painfully boring is the future and the apex of his skill.looool.
a stroke might be too nice of an evaluation honestly.
dj ego trip for sure.
you can tell by how upset he gets when anybody speaks up on how bad his current sound is.
dumbass kandi kid suckups on his page seriously don't help... it makes me wonder if they ever even listened to hardcore or just munch pills and praise the most popular dj spinning...whatever.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  16:56:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
and absolute ****ing shit trap wanabee rave fusion music made for hyphy mainstream "ravers" that is literally the definition of untalented and painfully boring is the future and the apex of his skill.looool.

I felt the same way about 2008 Hardcore (if you exchange the word "trap" for something else) so i think it's more a matter of perspective.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/03/26 16:57:41
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  17:39:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

I felt the same way about 2008 Hardcore (if you exchange the word "trap" for something else) so i think it's more a matter of perspective.

i can't see it to be honest.
female vocals; sweeping rhythms; good tempo; piano;euphoric uplifting sound; all still in check
pretty much stayed in line with the direction of hardcore in that aspect i think. all of those have been ripped away and badly replaced with a feeling nothing even slightly reminiscent of any past era hardcore like . current stuff just sounds like a bad attempt at mixing mainstream club rap sounds in hardcore.
perspective indeed ;)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/26 :  18:00:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

female vocals; sweeping rhythms; good tempo; piano;euphoric uplifting sound; all still in check
pretty much stayed in line with the direction of hardcore in that aspect i think. all of those have been ripped away and badly replaced with a feeling nothing even slightly reminiscent of any past era hardcore like . current stuff just sounds like a bad attempt at mixing mainstream club rap sounds in hardcore.
perspective indeed ;)

To be honest I kinda feel the same about 2008 Hardcore. I utterly hated 80-90% of what Gammer (and Dougal) made between 2004 and 2013

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  00:21:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

perspective indeed ;)

To be honest I kinda feel the same about 2008 Hardcore. I utterly hated 80-90% of what Gammer (and Dougal) made between 2004 and 2013

interesting. i think the current shift in style is the hardest to swallow yet by a long shot; i can't see how it has anything to do with hardcore; which i don't think could of been argued before...that is really my point i suppose.
i get some people don't like a change here and there... but this is like ordering red sauce pizza and getting white sauce....hardly the same ****ing thing at all!
are they dumb enough to think i can't tell this is not the right kind of pizza?
or did they just stop caring what type of pizza i like to eat ?
equally insulting; don't try to shove some ******** pizza down my throat under another guise just because they can and some people don't care/notice.
this is like pizza (music) de evolution lol

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/27 :  01:04:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Got to agree. Gammer can get as far in music as he likes, but if he can't take criticism on the chin, he's not a professional.

At the end of the day, you do what you do because of passion. If your insecurity prompts you to respond to someone with an opinion, you're doing what you do for the wrong reasons. Added to that list can be Breeze as well. They take to their social pages to either make examples of people to elevate themselves or divide people with opinions from people with a blind admiration.

Edited by - Elipton on 2015/03/27 01:08:25

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page