Page: 
of 32

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/04/09 :  00:27:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
It's just a crying shame the whole project is wasted on Gammer.

Edited to add, that's like lithe Catholic Church promoting satanism

. :) .

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2017/04/09 :  10:22:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Its exciting to see this project finally being put to bed. I can't even begin to imagine the work involved in creating such a unique idea while sticking to the initial high standards.

Inspiring stuff as always dudes :)

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/04/09 :  20:58:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
When will the backer surveys be coming out?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/09 :  21:09:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Early this week; there's one outstanding thing I *really* want to attach and offer supremely patient KS backers first (it's really rather cool ) but I failed to get it 100% locked down before the weekend.

It's the icing on the proverbial cake.

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/04/10 :  09:26:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Awesome, I love icing! Kinda makes me want to go and buy a birthday cake from M&S now

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/12 :  09:48:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
After nearly a week of messing around with mkvmerge and command line scripts, trying to pull the rec2020 10bit HDR grade through da vinci resolve and export with suitable metadata, I think we've *finally* got it. Only because Technicolor updated their Baselight versison, mind, so it only solves this specific clip rather than facilitating an easy workflow for me to put up more content going forward.

Hopefully youtube improve their tools, soon!

I'll paste the link when it's processed, and tested!

It will only work properly on a fairly modern high end 4k TV, using either the built in youtube app or from something like the Xbox One S (I don't know if the PS4 Pro does HDR for media, or youtube, yet). Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2017/04/12 13:07:11
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/04/12 :  18:02:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

So I understand that you have used expensive cameras and microphones, and had it shot in 4k to future proof the content for the project and to get a extremely high quality snapshot of a Hardcore rave. Is the technicolour grading and Dolby Atmos mix again for future proofing? The reason i ask is because I would guess that the number of people who have equipment that can utilise 4k content and a dolby atmos mix to be in the low numbers. Perhaps this number will increase as time goes on, but then does the average fan of hardcore care about these technologies? I know i do, but i'm typically in the minority when i mention to people about getting a sound system just to play a Dolby Atmos mix from a blu ray.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/12 :  19:09:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

So I understand that you have used expensive cameras and microphones, and had it shot in 4k to future proof the content for the project and to get a extremely high quality snapshot of a Hardcore rave. Is the technicolour grading and Dolby Atmos mix again for future proofing? The reason i ask is because I would guess that the number of people who have equipment that can utilise 4k content and a dolby atmos mix to be in the low numbers. Perhaps this number will increase as time goes on, but then does the average fan of hardcore care about these technologies? I know i do, but i'm typically in the minority when i mention to people about getting a sound system just to play a Dolby Atmos mix from a blu ray.

It could also be that they are trying to cater to the highest tier of consumer. You can always start with high quality and reduce it for those without the proper setup, but you can't do the opposite.

I'm a video and sound nut, but I can't afford a 4K TV and Atmos surround sound. I will one day, though, and then I can enjoy Blu The Rood in its full glory.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/12 :  19:21:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Doing things to this standard opens doors. It already has. There is zero chance of break even on this project even if we sold 3000 units. We're investing in the future of our scene, and label.

I've always said we demonstrably turned water into wine, what if we had a vinyard? This is what happens when an audience shows faith.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2017/04/13 04:17:26
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  08:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

To go into slightly more detail, whilst remaining somewhat vague, we had already committed to the 7.1 mix as a stretch goal and done a lot of prep towards it. We managed to take that work and get the entire Atmos mix done in a single day. Interestingly, and in line with my thinking, the guys who helped us with it said they *always* mix in Atmos at this point as even for 5.1 they find they get a better result. The workflow breaks away from the "per channel" train of thought. In the same way that video or audio mastering often is done at a higher resolution (or bit-depth, be that audio or color information) than the intended result, it appears the same is true for multichannel.

Almost as crucially, none of this has been done in isolation. We *never* do anything in isolation as to survive, never mind make progress, in this industry we've had to approach it like a game of chess. Even late last year, after the HH album was out, there was a meeting of major players from which we were excluded and at which we were at best ignored and more likely maligned. Whatever inroads we'd made towards scene integration, and cross pollination, over the past few years is seemingly undone. That's the backdrop of 2017 a crucial year for the wider genre.

It's only by raising the bar unrealistically high, and relentlessly overachieving, that we stand any real chance of being allowed to hang around. Even that will seemingly only earn us studied indifference from our peers but I'll take that over the alternative.

There's still pieces of this puzzle to throw out, some near and some medium term. Strap in, kids!

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  12:47:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Do you ever think about just walking away from Hardcore?

The effort you put in to be ignored by the rest of the scene, frankly it's disgusting. I'd love to know their reasons.

If I were you I would go do something else somewhere where your input and product would be appreciated and welcomed. Get out while you can, before the 'major players' finish doing the 'scene' up the @rse and you end up being financially exposed. You guys have talent, real talent, you should go any apply it somewhere else.

Hardcore is well and truly on it's way down. The so called top tier are just styling themselves as boyband members, churning out sh1te for the adoration of teenage girls who fawn all over them, all the while having to pleasure a few brainless fecktard MCs who, when not spewing nursery rhymes will falsely out them as pedos.

I am excited for the products I have invested in this year but HU's output alone does not do enough to hold my interest (that's not a criticism but one label cannot sustain my hunger for content) and while I have no idea what else I am going to listen to, I know I am getting the hell out of this.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  12:53:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
tbh, if it wasn't because Ravers doesnt see what happens behind the scene, he wouldn't have to make comments like that.

it's 50% twats and 50% ignortant fans

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  15:18:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
HAH!

I have locked in the thing that was holding the backer survey up.

(I am suitably happy with myself )

Expect the news IMMINENTLY!

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  17:40:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm tingling slightly

Edited by - djDMS on 2017/04/13 20:28:52
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/04/13 :  20:20:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Hurry up with it then dude! :D :D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 32 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  19  20  ... 28  29  30  31  32
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page