Thumpa / Scott Brown thing from Facebook
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/08/04 :  22:56:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
HE was on at the same time as Andy c, what on earth was he expecting.

except nobody cares for drum & bass

Lol; god damnit guest .

Outrageous.

* someone post Finbarr though

they don't, except londoners and twat students and those are not enough to stop it being called a dead scene with no radio shows or nothing left, but club nights with 20 people inside

you won't hear it anywhere in the world while out and about, its just forced onto you at events that started in the 90s

all your mark EG pill heads rocking it with your freeform don't exist anymore, for any scene in the uk to be big it has to be a bass scene, and all the millions that fuel all the pimped car shows won't bother with most london scenes, because they spent 10 years calling everyone chavs and scum and taking the piss out of pimped cars and chicks in hot pants while trying to pretend they arn't gay thinking chicks in cords are hunnies

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Guest on 2016/08/04 22:58:50
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  01:42:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
this thread isnt going anywhere. at this point it's literally just people going "I HAVE A BETTER TASTE IN HARDCORE THAN YOU DO" at each other.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  05:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh it became something much more meaningless than that.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  06:47:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Thumpa a CDs do have some bangers on there but when you are talking about a small chance someone might play something beyond the usual droning fart noises, you are not gonna stick around when there is something else that might scratch the itch.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  09:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
this thread isnt going anywhere. at this point it's literally just people going "I HAVE A BETTER TASTE IN HARDCORE THAN YOU DO" at each other.

yup, but most freeform is'nt anything like the track that was posted, most of it on youtube will be like electro trance hardcore which goes in line with thumpa's own tracks on youtube, which is boring in general

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  10:04:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think there's anything too inflammatory in this topic or in any posts by Olly or Scott. I want to start by saying that I've heard Olly live and it was flipping fantastic.

This whole thing just seems to be the luck of the draw. When a crowd goes mad with a big set for an hour, it's not unusual that they head off for a break or a drink if the next name isn't a headliner. Simple facts are that hundreds of people popping Es going mad for an hour or two and seeing a window of opportunity to get some water or some air. I think it's just one of those things.

I feel sorry for Olly, since the excitement to see some reaction for new material is what drives content creators and publishers. I can only imagine seeing the crowd thin out is seriously sapping.

Nothing can be taken away from Scott Brown. If he played a set, filled the room and kept them there; he's done a blinder. If Olly managed to fill the room toward the end of his set, he did well too. One of the facts we have to face is that Freeform is an under-study of Hardcore. At the moment, it doesn't have the draw that Hardcore anthems and new Hardcore tracks have always had.

I think the conclusion has to be to congratulate and encourage Olly for enduring the arduous task of introducing and presenting Freeform to people. It probably won't be the last time he feels that way behind the tables, but he's still doing good work for that genre by doing it.

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  12:07:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
I like the modern Freeform sound because its closer to the UK Hardcore sound of the 00's unlike that farting rubbish that Gammer makes these days.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/08/05 :  14:40:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol; god damnit guest .

Outrageous.

they don't, except londoners and twat students and those are not enough to stop it being called a dead scene with no radio shows or nothing left, but club nights with 20 people inside

Yeah you'd think will the small turnouts we'd stop doing the all together, but we're actually putting on LDN Freeform around Christmas/New Year, even with the 20 people that do come the last 2 have been really awesome events!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  13:41:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol; god damnit guest .

Outrageous.

you won't hear it anywhere in the world while out and about, its just forced onto you at events that started in the 90s

Except that DnB is almost mainstream now, with the likes of, for example, Sigma (his most popular is over 200 millions views on Youtube), DJ Fresh, Rudimental (at least Waiting All Night, not sure if he's really making DnB anymore) and Chase & Status. Oh I hear you screaming now: "BUT THAT'S NOT DNB" - YES, it is. By definition it is, so your personal opinion on whether or not it is doesn't matter. Love it or hate it, it's DnB that has punched through the mainstream portal. DnB has never been as big as it is now.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  15:37:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
200 million views mean nothing, every other track get 4000 after a year, the commercial shit in the charts is just 10 year olds that have it in a playlist on their phone get it to 200 million

in the real world, dnb is dead as a scene gets

hardcore, your gabba, takes a month to get 30,000 + and a year to get the million

Edited by - Guest on 2016/08/06 15:41:15
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  17:09:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
To call DNB dead is completely moronic, it's never been bigger. You've got all the jump up raves happening every weekend then the likes of hospitality hosting massive events, RAM doing their thing all over the place, loads of new releases getting radio play all the time. Which rock are you living under?

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  17:18:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
To call DNB dead is completely moronic, it's never been bigger. You've got all the jump up raves happening every weekend then the likes of hospitality hosting massive events, RAM doing their thing all over the place, loads of new releases getting radio play all the time. Which rock are you living under?

Yeah. I listen to Hype's kiss show every week and there is loads of new D&B. A lot of good stuff too!

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  19:37:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

it was huge, selling a million vinyl and club nights every night of the week, and labels doing world tours a few times a year from 1998 -> 2003 with tekstep

it all crashed to a end when jumpup came along and all the middleclass started calling everyone chavs and scum, and now its dead, it has been since for 10 years, dubstep had its time, but the middleclass killed that too doing the same thing as they did with drum & bass

everyone can call drum & bass dead, because it is

back in teh day, tech itch, renegade hardware could press 200,000, and they would all be sold the week of release

so as it stands now,, you have hardcore doing its thing, good job uk hardcore already exists

Edited by - Guest on 2016/08/06 19:43:09
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  21:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
absolute tosh. Seriously. 'jump up came along'? No, jump up has been around for a long time, it's pretty much been THE style throughout the entire lifetime of the genre.

You can't talk about vinyl sales because the game has changed now - it's all empeefrees! You're way off the mark

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  21:43:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah but chavs n pimped up cars etc etc ..

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page