Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/10/17 :  06:12:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
I prefer older freeform which had more feeling to it. It sounds too much like trance now and not like hardcore.

This .. Went back and listen to SHARKEY and Kevin Energy's disc from Bonkers 17 the other day and the sound on that CD is miles away from what's being pushed nowadays. I know some people love the super weird, "rolling", really trancey freeform, but the stuff coming out ten years ago sounded like it's own unique genre of music, not super sped up trance. That Qygen disc is cool but that album is rightfully being marketed as fast psytrance. I know that's an extreme example but I was playing a mix the other day and some freeform came on from (I believe) the Stamina crew, and they literally turned to me and said whoa, I've never heard trance this fast before

You have literally hit the nail right on the head there.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/10/17 :  06:25:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
...super weird, "rolling", really trancey freeform...

Just so I know what you're talking about, could you give me some examples of super weird, "rolling," really trancey freeform?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/17 :  07:10:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I believe 90% of stamina is like that :P

Anyways, even tho the trancecore days in late 90 was trancy as **** aswell, it was still miles better than the drops Douglas especially fancied (the non-existing ones that is)... but just like UK Hardcore, I will probably like the stuff out now in 5 years time...

Edit: I can see that the tracks work live on stage. When I was at I Love Hard Beats last week I didn't mind the drops at all. They kidna worked as they could give you a breather (or for people who liked to dance to go mental without missing out on the melodies) :P
But listening to them as single tracks or on a mix? Boring as fawk.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/17 08:06:41
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  14:01:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
Bump.

Someone said, earlier in this thread, that it was a Finnbarr tune that cleared the dancefloor at Summer Gathering but which one was it?

Was just checking out the TID November charts and there's one from Brisk and one from Finnbarr and that reminded me. Those charts aren't bad this month.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  17:55:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I believe 90% of stamina is like that :P

Anyways, even tho the trancecore days in late 90 was trancy as **** aswell, it was still miles better than the drops Douglas especially fancied (the non-existing ones that is)... but just like UK Hardcore, I will probably like the stuff out now in 5 years time...

Edit: I can see that the tracks work live on stage. When I was at I Love Hard Beats last week I didn't mind the drops at all. They kidna worked as they could give you a breather (or for people who liked to dance to go mental without missing out on the melodies) :P
But listening to them as single tracks or on a mix? Boring as fawk.

This is actually quite a good post. You've touched upon the difference between headphone and dancefloor music. Given that Hardcore music isn't really a consumer-sought item, it's pretty much solely produced for impact on the dancefloor. As result, it feels like the tempo of Freeform has slowed down to contain a longer breakdown and single drop.

By tempo, I don't mean BPM, I mean the structure. If you listen to Bonkers 17 or Bang Like a Mother, there's very little time for respite. It's hard-hitting and driving, and personally, the way I like it. For me listening to music, I don't want to reflect or recollect. I want to be in euphoria, undisturbed, for a good hour.

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  19:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

If you listen to Bonkers 17 or Bang Like a Mother, there's very little time for respite.

There is all kinds of stuff on the label, including ravey stuff like Bang Like A Mother (tune!):

https://soundcloud.com/staminarecords/tamerax-ft-alanna-sterling-explode-fc-3005
https://soundcloud.com/staminarecords/ab-throyo-hands-fc-220216
https://soundcloud.com/staminarecords/tamerax-roomshaker-out-now-httpbitlyfreeformfamily

Saying Stamina is 90% trance because there's a few ultra-deep Douglas bits in the catalogue? Almost like calling a big kick drop 'too much electro'.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  21:05:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
3 great tunes. Tamerax might be the new AMS. I hadn't heard his stuff before.

Since you're here, I've had a burning question for about 2 years now:

Will there ever be a melodic VIP Remix of your track with K-Wire, Smiler?

Please, please, please. Please.

Please.

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  21:47:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Please.

I didn't forget about that! I asked jD-KiD at the time you mentioned it, but he was busy with other projects when I asked. Maybe I'll ask him again ;D

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  21:55:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by A.B:
quote:

Please.

I didn't forget about that! I asked jD-KiD at the time you mentioned it, but he was busy with other projects when I asked. Maybe I'll ask him again ;D

This excites me!

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  22:18:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Bump.

Someone said, earlier in this thread, that it was a Finnbarr tune that cleared the dancefloor at Summer Gathering but which one was it?

Was just checking out the TID November charts and there's one from Brisk and one from Finnbarr and that reminded me. Those charts aren't bad this month.

This one!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/11/17 :  23:58:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Hang on, that cleared the floor?!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/11/18 :  00:05:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

This one!

Not heard it before. Thought it might've been Morning Sun, that was all. There's not a lot on Finnbarr's SoundCloud.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page