Thumpa / Scott Brown thing from Facebook
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/08/06 :  22:17:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage  Reply with quote
If you ask me alot of the very best "gabber" was made when the style was at it's weakest (around 99-2002) so the size of a sceen has very little to do with the quality of music. When there is little money to fight over people might as well try new, cool things in their music. And I don't get what pimped out cars has got to do with hardcore? In central europe where this music is big I have never seen a connection like that? :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  06:05:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golion:
And I don't get what pimped out cars has got to do with hardcore? In central europe where this music is big I have never seen a connection like that? :P

Hardcore has noting to do with pimped out cars lol, we just have a lovely member here that likes cars and teeth whiting products

Edited by - DjZelous on 2016/08/07 06:05:34
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  10:24:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage  Reply with quote
Lol yes Im starting to get that :D

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  11:48:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
Originally posted by Golion:
And I don't get what pimped out cars has got to do with hardcore? In central europe where this music is big I have never seen a connection like that? :P

Hardcore has noting to do with pimped out cars lol, we just have a lovely member here that likes cars and teeth whiting products

Sadly it does. You just need to remember the Chavs like pimped up cars...
and what does Hardcore usually get associated with (in the UK)?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  12:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
All this aside. I've seen much worse from people rubbishing the whole event and complaining about their set times/silent disco and other stuff.

So what Olly said shouldn't be an issue.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  12:57:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Someone actually said D&B is dead?
Couldn't be more wrong!

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  16:41:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Check this D&B female vocal track from 1985 long before the 90's

Yello - No Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKxnbK691k

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  17:49:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
Check this D&B female vocal track from 1985 long before the 90's

Yello - No Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKxnbK691k

Pillock.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/08/07 :  21:21:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
absolute tosh. Seriously. 'jump up came along'? No, jump up has been around for a long time, it's pretty much been THE style throughout the entire lifetime of the genre.

You can't talk about vinyl sales because the game has changed now - it's all empeefrees! You're way off the mark

not really for dnb, vinyl dominates the dnb scene, almost all the releases are pressed up

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  05:06:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Don't think so really, it lasted longer in DNB but I don't think it's most releases now at all. Maybe RAM/Hospitality/Shogun but jump up seems to be entirely digital

edit: had a quick look round, it seems like there's lots more than I thought - jump up is lacking but other genres still seem to be going strong, fair play lol

Edited by - arpz on 2016/08/08 05:21:33
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  07:37:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
All this aside. I've seen much worse from people rubbishing the whole event and complaining about their set times/silent disco and other stuff.

Cus people like to moan for the sake of moaning, i thought the event was ace, raving away to hardcore, hardstyle, gabber and jungle in the woods was amazing. And the silent disco was just a way to keep the party going due to sound restrictions, its either that or party over.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  08:28:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

Cus people like to moan for the sake of moaning, i thought the event was ace, raving away to hardcore, hardstyle, gabber and jungle in the woods was amazing. And the silent disco was just a way to keep the party going due to sound restrictions, its either that or party over.

Which is what I think most people would say about it. It really annoyed me to see Marley slagging SG off when he wasn't even there.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  09:24:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

Which is what I think most people would say about it. It really annoyed me to see Marley slagging SG off when he wasn't even there.

Oh was he? I didnt see that. Saw him slagging slammin vinyl off a few month back tho, mans got issues, clearly. Used to love him aswell

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  11:36:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Basically saying how quiet and shit it looked and that Welcome to the jungle was a proper, non commercial festival (no coincidence he was booked to play there).

Funny when Breeze posted a photo of the packed Hardcore tent, that shut him up!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/08/08 :  12:23:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe the best thing to do would be write a massive 5 page essay about retirement n then 3 days later announce your massive comeback.....

Edited by - skarr on 2016/08/08 12:25:17

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page