Total online 1496
 Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HELP! What are we overlooking (HH album)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  08:06:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

Big up CDJay and everyone involved.

That sounds promising then!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  09:41:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
OK, who hacked Elliott's account?....

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  10:33:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
OK, who hacked Elliott's account?....

It sounds like a clever marketing ploy by CDJay - get a seal of approval from the forum's toughest critic to guarantee sales from forum members

Even got a great quote for the front of the artwork / poster:

quote:
..if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one

But seriously, can't wait for this album!!!

Edited by - robertybob on 2016/10/25 10:38:44
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  11:51:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Hahahaha

You bunch of cynics!

CDJay said he'd been thinking about sending me something for a while. He wanted to persuade me that modern hardcore isn't all shite. Then he just decided to send me the draft of the entire first disc of the new album!

As much as I'd like to talk more about it, I'm sworn to secrecy. I even have the tracklist but I'm not allowed to mention a single track by name. Just take my word for it that it's genuinely enjoyable. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the album when it comes out but if I can, I'll be buying it.

He didn't even want me to post about it publicly. It was supposed to be a little secret. But when I found that I enjoyed it, I persuaded him to let me post a sentence or two. The least I could do is my little bit to help promote an album that I liked and that CDJay trusted me enough to hear before almost anyone else. Needless to say, it made my evening. :)

Edit: TYPOS EVERYWHERE -- even in the edit notice ****

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/25 12:00:22
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  12:40:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm sure he'll send you it as a thank you if you tip a few doubters towards buying it ;-)

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  13:57:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds like a winner. I wonder what vladel will make of it

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:12:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Just got off the phone to CDJay, he said it's fine if Elliott wants to upload it and give away the details.

Edited by - Captain Triceps on 2016/10/25 14:12:30
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:22:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Just got off the phone to CDJay, he said it's fine if Elliott wants to upload it and give away the details.

That's weird. I just phoned him and he said "Captain Triceps is a liar" followed by someting that sounded suspiciously like the C-word.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:25:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
just got back from walking CDjay's dog, he said Elliott please stop calling the house and hanging up he knows it's you, if you keep standing outside the house he's going to get a restraining order.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:29:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I'm sure he'll send you it as a thank you if you tip a few doubters towards buying it ;-)

Let's be real here no one really gives a shit about what Elliot had to say about the album to begin with we were going to buy it regardless of what he thought about it. Most, if not all, of us here are HU fanboys and we were going to buy it once we saw HU involved in the project.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:31:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Let's be real here no one really gives a shit about what Elliot had to say about the album to begin with we were going to buy it regardless of what he thought about it. Most, if not all, of us here are HU fanboys and we were going to buy it once we saw HU involved in the project.

Hey! I'm a human being and therefore my feelings have intrinsic value!

Anyway, CDJay cared plenty about what I had to say about the album and he's more important than any of us.

Edit: On a serious note, even you have to know that there are other people on here who think exactly the same as I do. I also know several people (I won't name names) who are long past the point of thinking that everything HU does is "buy on sight". We basically have our own modern-hardcore-hating clique. When someone in that clique says something is good, I'm automatically more inclined to check it out. But, no, I don't seriously believe I'm somehow going to sell a bunch of extra albums for HU on a forum of a dozen active users who had already made their minds up about this project months ago. Nothing about this is related to sales. It definitely wasn't CDJay's intention and it's not mine. I'm just giving my honest opinion on an album I've been fortunate enough to hear in advance of its release. My integrity wouldn't allow me to lie and say that it's good even if I wanted to -- I actually enjoyed it! If that gets people more hyped, great. You love HU as much as the next average HH.com user so you shouldn't have any problem with what's going on here. :)

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/25 14:58:33
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:43:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
just got back from walking CDjay's dog, he said Elliott please stop calling the house and hanging up he knows it's you, if you keep standing outside the house he's going to get a restraining order.

If you were walking his dog and I was standing outside his house, why aren't we having this conversation in real life?

Also **** you. CDJay would never do that to me!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:57:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll tell you what, it's not easy posting on here on your phone wearing a realistic dog costume...

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  14:59:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'll tell you what, it's not easy posting on here on your phone wearing a realistic dog costume...

Have you lost weight?

Totally believable. ;)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  15:29:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

Big up CDJay and everyone involved.

nice!

if i recall; you were not too big of a fan of F & D mix from HU7?

Glad you are enjoying this one; our tastes are pretty similar :D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 5.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page