Total online 1762
 Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HELP! What are we overlooking (HH album)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  17:55:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

Big up CDJay and everyone involved.

nice!

if i recall; you were not too big of a fan of F & D mix from HU7?

Glad you are enjoying this one; our tastes are pretty similar :D

Yeah, man. When I think of people who like good music on this forum, you're one of the people who comes to mind. ;)

Not gonna beat around the bush: I thought HU 7 was tripe. This is much better.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/25 23:39:47
PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  11:26:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
With all this positive talk about the new album, I hope I stand a chance in getting in, haha!! I am a lover of 07 hardcore, but Im a maker of newer hardcore. So hopefully I get a few listens if there's a chance I do get on the compilation ; )

Got most of my song mixed down last night, now I gotta do a final mix ; )))

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  13:23:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Well if you haven't submitted it then surely it's already too late?

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  13:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

You've shattered his dreams now!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  13:32:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

You've shattered his dreams now!

There's always the possibility that the tune is so amazing that they stop the manufacture mid-press and re-record the mix

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  15:41:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Tbf, if someone had sent me Building Shaker back in 2009 on the day of an album release, I would've cancelled the release and redone the whole album. Probably would've called the new album Building Shaker.

Point is: Building Shaker was a tune.

Edit: Also I should probably never be in charge of putting together a hardcore album..

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/26 15:48:56
PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:21:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
I wouldn't say it's shatter worthy, haha! I'm just saying that even for an amateur, I think it's worthy to be on something? And even if it didn't get on, I would still be happy someone put their time I to listening to it!

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:24:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
By the by, when is the submission date? Hopefully I didn't screw up and get this too late lol

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:35:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

nice!

Yeah, man. When I think of people who like good music on this forum, you're one of the people who comes to mind. ;)

you know it man <3

and no way this is getting released without you getting it ; i will buy 2 and send one to your house if need be haha

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:47:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The mixes are pretty much finalised, at this point, pending a few licensing stragglers.

That said, we fully intend to follow this up in a reasonable timeframe so it's still worth getting in contact.

CDJay

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:29:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nice!

you know it man <3

and no way this is getting released without you getting it ; i will buy 2 and send one to your house if need be haha

That's a very kind offer mate! You're a top bloke!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:41:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Edit: Also I should probably never be in charge of putting together a hardcore album..

Me neither

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/10/26 22:42:17
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:57:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Me neither

This sounds like it has a story to it!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  04:25:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Me neither

This sounds like it has a story to it!

And it all started with a Z. But then I don't think the naming of the album (Sharkey/React/AATW don't own the word that started with a B) was the problem, but everything else around it.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/27 04:26:31
robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  11:49:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh god not this story again..

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page