Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Thumpa leaving UK Hardcore/Freeform?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/02 :  20:45:56  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
He posted this just now on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OllyThumpa/posts/10154842663361501

Am I to understand that he's really going to stop playing (UK) Hardcore and Freeform completly?

Time to take a potshot: Is Thumpa feeling shafted because his direction of Freeform never stroke gold? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/02/02 :  21:22:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
probably go all industrial terror uptempo speedcore whatever it was he used to play

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  01:26:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
probably go all industrial terror uptempo speedcore whatever it was he used to play

he can join the other 10 people still rocking that shit

where the party at

nerds

or the real world that make drum & bass shit their panties

Edited by - Guest on 2017/02/03 01:32:19
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  03:27:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
You are as bad as the media... if you read the entire thing it seems he just isn't going to be playing new stuff... but still playing older stuff.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  06:12:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

I remember him posting on facebook not so long back being at a rave in holland, in the 'smaller' back room uptempo arena was 2000 people. So you're talkin sh*t pal. Good luck to him

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  08:33:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
You are as bad as the media... if you read the entire thing it seems he just isn't going to be playing new stuff... but still playing older stuff.

nope, he's leaving the UK Hardcore and Freeform almost completly. The radio station he's joining is only dutch hardcore/gabber

quote:
Olly Thumpa Yates
Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 10:18pm
I won't be playing new freeform or UK hardcore after March and I won't be involved with that side of things, I've always been into gabber and harder music so will be going back to that as it's much more enjoyable buying music and mixing a set over a wide range of tempo, it's more suited to my personality to just be a DJ again and enjoy the music. I don't want to be in the 'UK hardcore scene' anymore

He goes on about wanting to be a bedroom dj for a bit, but does he really need to leave uk/freeform because of that?

It's fair game tbh. Even though I've never really liked the Freeform he was trying to push out lately, but he tried, but we've all seen the shit that has been happening in the British Hardcore scene for the last couple of years.

Edited by - Samination on 2017/02/03 08:36:50
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  09:11:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
I'll be taking old / classic hardcore / freeform bookings if any promoters want to book me but I won't be chasing bookings anymore, it's very exhausting being involved in the UK hardcore scene. I wasn't enjoying trying to push freeform on ravers that don't want to hear different stuff and I wasn't enjoying being involved in and knowing all the ******** that goes on. Also my bucket list was complete, I'd done everything I wanted to do in hardcore, Westfest, HTID main arena, In The Sun, boat parties, Uproar, Japan, USA, Finland and all over Europe. I was spinning my wheels if I'm honest, I'm very goal orientated.

I'll be starting my monthly radio show on Toxic Sickness this month (6.6 million plays, 25k soundcloud followers, 100k monthly visitors) and will go back to just buying music and enjoying mixing. I started buying records in 1996 and used to buy happy hardcore, jungle and techno equally so this change isn't really a new thing, used to play for North and HTID / Uproar hard rooms so I'm very comfortable playing hardcore techno in all its forms.

One thing I will say is, the hardcore scene is doomed here. You people don't know the half of what goes on and I envy you for it.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  09:31:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
One thing I will say is, the hardcore scene is doomed here. You people don't know the half of what goes on and I envy you for it.

Go on, spill!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  10:35:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Doomed? Have you been taking ques from Guest? :P

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  17:35:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
If you mean the story that Mickey Skeedale is locked in Gammers basement being forced to listen to a edm-trap borefest, while gammer tells his American buddies its Happy Hardcore, we already know.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  18:12:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
From thumpa's Facebook

"Look at the hardcore scene, Styles, Hixxy, Gammer, Breeze, all 4 of them haven't released a single tune over the last year I swear to god, and they are STILL 4 of the biggest names in the music. It's the laziest music scene in the UK by far, hardly any music released, same old shit being played at raves, one major promoter and then HTID now owned by a load of aussies that think hardstyle is the way forward, it's a total mess. Magaluf last year was 600 people max and that had every DJ under the sun. I went to a rave in Holland last month where arena 4 was 100% Frenchcore and it was 3000 people easy. Major things need to happen in the hardcore scene going forward, I don't want to waste any more of my time on trying to resolve it though. I want to be a bedroom DJ again and get excited about logging into Juno or wherever every Monday and buying tunes"

In all fairness, I had every intention of being a knob about the state of freeform etc but I have to say respect to be honest because when your passion is gone, it's better to find the love again any which way you can and I for one wish thumpa all the best.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  19:05:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Totally agree with everything he says

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  20:25:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
From thumpa's Facebook

"Look at the hardcore scene, Styles, Hixxy, Gammer, Breeze, all 4 of them haven't released a single tune over the last year I swear to god, and they are STILL 4 of the biggest names in the music. It's the laziest music scene in the UK by far, hardly any music released, same old shit being played at raves, one major promoter and then HTID now owned by a load of aussies that think hardstyle is the way forward, it's a total mess. Magaluf last year was 600 people max and that had every DJ under the sun. I went to a rave in Holland last month where arena 4 was 100% Frenchcore and it was 3000 people easy. Major things need to happen in the hardcore scene going forward, I don't want to waste any more of my time on trying to resolve it though. I want to be a bedroom DJ again and get excited about logging into Juno or wherever every Monday and buying tunes"

In all fairness, I had every intention of being a knob about the state of freeform etc but I have to say respect to be honest because when your passion is gone, it's better to find the love again any which way you can and I for one wish thumpa all the best.

he is right. shit has been going downhill for a looooong time. the men who made it ; ended up ruining it.

a classic tale.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  21:57:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

I remember him posting on facebook not so long back being at a rave in holland, in the 'smaller' back room uptempo arena was 2000 people. So you're talkin sh*t pal. Good luck to him

holland is'nt the uk, uptempo is just party raiser and destructive tendencies, not speedcore/terror/frenchcore shit which nobody cares about ingeneral

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/03 :  23:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Doomed? Have you been taking ques from Guest? :P

bring the cannons with me https://soundcloud.com/for-all-those/bouncing-in-the-ghetto

Edited by - Guest on 2017/02/03 23:20:46
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2017/02/04 :  15:40:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Best of luck with your next venture, greener pastures and all that!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page