Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Gammer styles breeze etc new sound
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  09:10:15  Show profile Send a private message
So Darren styles released a mixtape on his SoundCloud a couple of weeks ago and whilst there is still a few hardcore tracks on the mix the rest don't resemble the hardcore sound, gammer has also been making music that isn't really hardcore and breeze has been doing it for years now,making his own stuff and playing anything by Darren styles..

Anyway whilst this sound that they are now pushing isn't my cup of tea they are just making what they are feeling. Styles are breeze are both in there 40s and gammer is early thirties ( I myself am 36 ) but still love the elements that made happy hardcore all them years ago like build ups breakdowns pianos and vocals maybe they have grown out of the hardcore sound?
, and I see a lot of debate about this sound that these guys are making, and I think the problem lies with the promoters who are putting on hardcore events like slammin ravers htid etc etc continuing to book these guys, it seems like styles and gammer target audience is now the American market ( they have just done a tour of America )

It's an interesting topic of debate isn't it, why book a dj who isn't playing hardcore for a hardcore event? Just because of there name.

Do you think promoters should think about this? Or does it show they just want to make money from each event and don't actually care about the future of hardcore?

Alert moderator
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  10:25:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
the problem is down to it being soft, since 2000 drum & bass and dubstep ruled the world and bass is what people like, which is one of the reason hardcore took over, and mainstream which has all the same elements of old skool hardcore

Alert moderator Go to top of page
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  10:49:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
How dare you disrespect happy hardcore

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  10:55:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
uk hardcore is disrespecting, hardcore is original happy hardcore that carried on in 1996

then drum & bass took over and sy and vibes invented uk hardcore, while hardcore carried on

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  10:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
need to rock some ramos and druid, for the other half

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  15:41:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
honestly; everytime Gammer posts; I have to refrain from calling him a jackass piece of shit

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  16:24:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
honestly; everytime Gammer posts; I have to refrain from calling him a jackass piece of shit

Yeah me too, he comes across so badly. Obviously some of his fans think it's hilarious but it's just pathetic really. The psuedo-modesty and shit attempts at irony are fully cringeworthy, it's annoying, I think he'd be really likable if he dropped all the shit

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  16:36:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
I honestly think he calls it happy hardcore to piss the likes of us off rather than to appeal to the Aus/US audience

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  17:12:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I like how he sees those of us who genuinely love(d) the music as haters for not following him blindly down whichever route he fancies taking the scene down this week.

Would love to think he was doing it for the wider scene, but no, it's for him and him alone.

Happy Hardcore my arse!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  00:45:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
maybe I am a bit butt hurt ( YUP ) but come the **** on!

seriously ?

" If you'd have told me Happy Hardcore could sell out a show in LA, id have never believed it "

...... Where to start....

it has happened... it does happen.. and it will happen again... no ****ing thanks to him though? .. sure could have... if he actually had put in any effort to be a part of the " happy hardcore scene " in the last 5 + years.

or maybe the fact; that less than 1/10 of anything they played was happy hardcore?

Or maybe how; everytime he posts some dumb shit like this; hundreds of uneducated ravers start mixing up genres and generally ruining perceptions of what different sounds are worth and why? and in America; that is the LAST thing the ACTUAL happy hardcore scene needs.

oh well. Pretty sure he gunna move over here soon and become a part of Murica. he just can't get enough of the absolute worst aspects.

Win for you guys!

bet money 85% of the people in that room have zero idea what the **** happy hardcore is

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/03/22 00:47:19
skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  02:07:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
Hello! Haven't posted here in a LONG TIME... Anyways I just recently (Thursday) got the opportunity to watch Gammer & Styles in Phoenix on their US tour. I have to say it was amazing but yes it was not what I expected. First of all they didn't play any classics (I don't remember I was pretty buzzed) probably the oldest tune they dropped was satelite by DS. Also gammer kept dropping his infamous Kayne pop/cover songs. It was a good show don't get me wrong but I agree that it shouldn't have been labeled happy hardcore. It sucks that the new generation of ravers will have a misconception of what happy hardcore is/was. It's funny this topic came up cause that same day I had a little experiment with a friend of mine. I put on club land xtreme hardcore 3 DS mix on our way to the show since he's never heard DS. Once we left the show my friend said to me and i quote "dude the music you played in the car was nothing like what we just saw. I felt like I was at a knife party set" regardless what genre they are I agree that they shouldnt be labeling them self for what they aren't anymore.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  04:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Well Rock today still has the same name as Rock (n Roll) 50 years ago, and they don't sound that similar.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  15:57:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
Hello! Haven't posted here in a LONG TIME... Anyways I just recently (Thursday) got the opportunity to watch Gammer & Styles in Phoenix on their US tour. I have to say it was amazing but yes it was not what I expected. First of all they didn't play any classics (I don't remember I was pretty buzzed) probably the oldest tune they dropped was satelite by DS. Also gammer kept dropping his infamous Kayne pop/cover songs. It was a good show don't get me wrong but I agree that it shouldn't have been labeled happy hardcore. It sucks that the new generation of ravers will have a misconception of what happy hardcore is/was. It's funny this topic came up cause that same day I had a little experiment with a friend of mine. I put on club land xtreme hardcore 3 DS mix on our way to the show since he's never heard DS. Once we left the show my friend said to me and i quote "dude the music you played in the car was nothing like what we just saw. I felt like I was at a knife party set" regardless what genre they are I agree that they shouldnt be labeling them self for what they aren't anymore.

*drops mic*

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  16:03:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
my buddy showed my a little chat with breeze; and basically my buddy was being super respectful and sayinf we miss some breeze sounds and asked what breeze was up too. my buddy asked said he should do some collabs with some other hardcore labels and this was literally his response

" Why? I have my own label ".

What massive; absolutely; massive; egotisical sold out ****s. Can't stand the scene that made them famous; can't stand the music that made them famous; can't stand the fans that made them famous; but yet they want to abuse the whole lot; to push their current dogshit.

Really makes you feel for CDJay and anybody still tryinng to piece this cluster**** together. What a sad headache.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  16:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Well Rock today still has the same name as Rock (n Roll) 50 years ago, and they don't sound that similar.

This is a great point. With some of the same problem.

You ask hippies if rock today sounds like rock then; they will laugh and say turn that shit off.

Things evolve. 50 years is quite a span of time.

Compared to hardcore; which has been around since the 90's ; hardcore evolved or changed way faster!

You could have watched the scene birthed; then shift direction massively ; all under 10 years.

rock stayed moderately the same for 20 years plus.

Still a generalization though; and serious people would classify modern rock as modern rock; to distinguish between classic rock. and if abunch of old hippies paid for a classic rock show; and got abunch of creed and green day; you bet your ass they would be furious.

Basically; if Gammer and Styles had even the slightest amount of respect for hardcore; they would have put waaaaaay more effort into making properly labels

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  18:04:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

" Why? I have my own label ".

Doesnt surprise me one bit, the blokes a bellend. And a KIK perv ...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page