Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/02/19 :  13:38:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Maybe if you want them so badly you could hit him up with an email and strike a deal with him to have those tracks all to yourself. It's a longshot, but it's worth trying.

They may want more than 100€+ each tune. tried to get one tune from Dougal for that price, no answer.
Makes me feel that some popular producers don't want money or expect too ****ing much.

If they sell someone a single tune then that person can then go and share it everywhere. Where the producer could just release it themselves instead and get payed for it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/02/19 :  17:29:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
If they sell someone a single tune then that person can then go and share it everywhere. Where the producer could just release it themselves instead and get payed for it.

I wouldn't have minded to sign a contract to get this 15+year old tune i was looking for, if he is so scared of filesharing.

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/19 :  22:04:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I think you missunderstood eachother :P

Matt, Hellfury wanted to buy a copy of a specific track, not to own the rights to it. Atleast that was the original idea that I understood.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/02/19 22:05:18
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/19 :  23:03:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

Matt, Hellfury wanted to buy a copy of a specific track, not to own the rights to it. Atleast that was the original idea that I understood.

he said share not sell. Where's the misunderstanding ?

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/02/20 :  23:19:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
as sami said, i only wanted to buy a copy of one tune for that particular price (edit: to use it in my sets at best). no answer in months after several mails/pms, no deal. filesharing isnt an argument to not sell, if you have a decent contract. loosing a dat is a reason, but i couldnt find out if thats the case.

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2014/02/20 23:23:25
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/21 :  01:09:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

he said share not sell. Where's the misunderstanding ?

That's how I read what Matt meant

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2014/02/21 :  21:18:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
Cumshot Hardcore

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/03/04 :  20:49:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I've always found it strange when people big up their own sets online. Something i've kinda noticed across genres

Not that there's anything directly wrong with it. But I guess i've always had a weird thing about ego's in any form. Like when someone says something like

"I'm gonna tear the club to pieces tonight"

or

"I tore the ****ing roof off that place last night"

It kinda leaves me thinking 'well yea thats cool?but that ultimately isn't up to you, right" - I mean the people on the floor decide that surely? It's like the status update equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Yes?you are the man!'

That said I'm adopting an increasingly more 'bitter-old-man' mentality and enjoying things such as slippers (my feet get sore) and cardigans *waves stick at youngsters and they're swag*

Can't tell if ironic..

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/03/04 :  22:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
I've always found it strange when people big up their own sets online. Something i've kinda noticed across genres

Not that there's anything directly wrong with it. But I guess i've always had a weird thing about ego's in any form. Like when someone says something like

or

It kinda leaves me thinking 'well yea thats cool?but that ultimately isn't up to you, right" - I mean the people on the floor decide that surely? It's like the status update equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Yes?you are the man!'

That said I'm adopting an increasingly more 'bitter-old-man' mentality and enjoying things such as slippers (my feet get sore) and cardigans *waves stick at youngsters and they're swag*

Can't tell if ironic..

I don't know who said that originally. But it's really not like they are suggesting at all. It's just the way people talk about things they do. It's probably not really meant to be literal.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/03/04 22:31:39
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/03/04 :  22:59:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

or

Can't tell if ironic..

I don't know who said that originally. But it's really not like they are suggesting at all. It's just the way people talk about things they do. It's probably not really meant to be literal.

Gammer on Facebook.

I just thought that if it was serious, it would be quite an odd thing to say, coming from someone who's been known to open mixes with Egoraptor talking about how he's the most awesomest DJ in the world or whatever.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page