Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  02:54:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
http://soundcloud.com/rebuild_music/helix-fury-insane-asylum

that is all...

During that middle bit thought it was going to go all trancecore, which would have been cool, doesn't need it though, sounds excellent anyway.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  04:06:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Nice promotion for the site, any press is good press :)

On the other side on the coin, don't believe everything you read on the internet (including this site) plus this site is over 14 years old, you have old farts that havn't been raving in 15 years on here and noobies that are 15 years old, take what you want from the site and work with it you have a mixed bag here.

NB: We love all gammer

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  06:24:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes it is in all good fun and not to be taken seriously, but since he sent a bunch of traffic our way I returned the favor :)

http://www.facebook.com/Upfront.Hardcore/posts/10151119866936990

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  07:05:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Yes it is in all good fun and not to be taken seriously, but since he sent a bunch of traffic our way I returned the favor :)

http://www.facebook.com/Upfront.Hardcore/posts/10151119866936990

aww you edited it lol

Perhaps he was speaking about the facebook page? I don't recall any recent hatred towards a specific remix that he's talking about, at least not to the extent of making a post about it.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  08:01:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I think this is what happened to gammer, scroll down to "comments can be a good thing"

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things

The internet loves gammer and so does this site, not sure what he is on about, perhaps gammer is a clever advanced internet troll that loves to wind everyone up for his own personal enjoyment :) Well it's working everyone is talking about it :)

Even if you are not into his music (ie you're a complete idiot) you can respect his music creation skills and production.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/12/03 :  08:17:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
wow...my eyes are boggled reading all that lol

you have to take harsh comments at times like i said before it's only words on a screen and if theres a negative comment about your work then you can either get pissed about it....or you can choose to ignore it everyone has a choice sure some comments may be hurtful but they only hurt you if you let them everyone has the right to voice there opinion however good/bad it may be

at least thats the way i look at it others might have a different opinion to me

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  00:22:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
As an artist, I've always taken the view that if you're willing to take the praise, you have to be prepared to accept criticism. It's part of being a writer, musician, actor, producer, singer - whatever. You're never going to appeal to everybody, so why waste time and energy on addressing those you clearly don't like, and never will like, what you do?

I've never understood this 'flame the haters' approach deployed by the so called 'top-tier' DJs in Hardcore. As someone pointed out earlier, it's as if they all have this deep seated aversion to criticism. Is it that damaging to one's ego that they feel the need to address it at every opportunity.

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I started making a name for myself back in 2000, it was an era of the discussion forum. It was before the Facebooks and Twitters of this world had taken over, and people would express their feelings and opinions on forums like this one, only back then, the likes of HHC and USH were massive, with thousands and thousands of registered users. What I learnt from that was to adopt a 'water off a ducks back' approach. Simply that you will always have your critics or 'haters' as idiots like to say. However, taking their comments personally will only ever be counter productive. Concentrate on what you do and what you enjoy, and appreciate the fans you do have and the support they give you.

Addressing a slightly wider point; discussion is essential. I get this worrying notion that many of the 'top-tier' would be happier if sites like this didn't exist - I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it! Sites like this are crucial to the growth of any style of music, if we ever get to a situation where we're left with Twitter and Facebook fan-pages full of sycophants, then the music will never develop and move on, and will continue to shrink in to a ball as it has been for the past few years.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  08:50:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
You just outed yourself as a hater.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  09:07:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Funny how USH was a great site for information, that just ended with being a home of trolls. The USH "Reborn" forum is exacttly that. They where better of calling the new forum "Hardcore Haters" or "Trollcore"

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/12/05 09:08:22
Helblinde

Sweden
50 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  12:12:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Helblinde's homepage  Reply with quote
After these last two days I'm pretty sure I made the right choice in staying out of the UK Hardcore scene, people I used to look up to keep putting me down over and over and it's not really that welcoming.

The amount of people that have helped me on the J-core side of things has been fantastic, and most of the people I have known from that gang have grown to be excellent producers. I never liked drama and I'd like to stay out of it, but somehow I'm still pulled into it even if I've always been standing at the sideline and watched.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  12:48:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
and the j-core scene is without it's drama? don't make me laugh :P

Helblinde

Sweden
50 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  12:55:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Helblinde's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

Nothing that I've noticed, most people have been friendly since the start. Of course there's a few people that are elitist and such, but I haven't experienced that from the so called "top producers". Not to the same degree at least.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:12:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helblinde:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

Nothing that I've noticed, most people have been friendly since the start. Of course there's a few people that are elitist and such, but I haven't experienced that from the so called "top producers". Not to the same degree at least.

Well that could be because j-core hasn't come to the same stage as UK Hardcore scene has, take in consideration it's almost 20 years old in total

Robert Knolles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:18:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Robert Knolles's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey all, thought I'd chime in here if anyone cares for opinionated drivel from a newly registered user!

Personally, I'm embarrassed when I have to tell people my favourite genre of music is Hardcore. At best they might think I like Gabber, but at worst (and usually) they know enough to equate hardcore with Hixxy, Styles, HTID and "Save Me". Or at least in my mind those are the things that are synonymous with Happy Hardcore nowadays. To me, saying happy hardcore now implies cheese, commercial, crap. Sorry :/

Truth be told for the past few years I've been existing strictly on a diet of freeform and breakbeat hardcore. Even more so since the demise of USH I've really not had anywhere to download mixes and keep myself up to date, aside from the occasional foray onto soundcloud, or the quarterly binge on tracks off the CLSM store. Heck, I've even gone to a few deep house nights and loved them.

Anyway, I hope this is going somewhere, but recently the line up for the last HU event coaxed me out (since I'm down in London briefly) because I saw Ponder, Thumpa, CLSM, Gavin G, Entity and Sam B on it. This is the first time since 2009 I've been to a "hardcore" night (unless a couple of Fantasias in the DnB room count?) and it was great.

I suppose my point is that there is all this music which is "hardcore" and is great, but then there is also all this (in my opinion) gash that is also "hardcore". Just because I like some bits of hardcore doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy HTID or Hardcore Heaven. And just because I don't like UK Hardcore any more doesn't make me any less entitled to an opinion!

As long as everything is under the umbrella of hardcore then I think this is going to happen, when really it should be water under the bridge. Let Gammer have his fun, by lambasting the "haters" then really he is a "hater" himself. Basically saying that his view of hardcore is the only one worth anything.

/diatribe

by the way,
Samination, I hope I didn't scare the shit out of you at HU. Basically I made a post on the FB page saying I was going alone and you commented. So I recognised you and said hi, but completely neglected to tell you how I knew your name! Eurgh!

Also Ponder - sorry for asking you how Ponder's set was! It's what happens when you listen to the music but don't really go to the right raves :(

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page 19 hours ago
Happyhardcore.com is all like

"People who like this remix know NOTHING about REAL hardcore"

Meanwhilst, these "people" are too busy enjoying music to care

THAT is what you guys are fighting over?! Come on, I thought it was something really serious, judging from the number of PAGES on this thread.

I'm not the one to judge this since I rarely listen to hardcore nowadays, but please... I personally wouldn't care that much about that statement, and I'm almost surprised that you guys do.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page