Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah it's a bit of a mystery.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:50:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
v-act do take in consideration this is only 6 pages so far :P

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Knolles:
by the way,
Samination, I hope I didn't scare the shit out of you at HU. Basically I made a post on the FB page saying I was going alone and you commented. So I recognised you and said hi, but completely neglected to tell you how I knew your name! Eurgh!

No Worries. I kinda expected someone to remember my name from FB :P

quote:
Also Ponder - sorry for asking you how Ponder's set was! It's what happens when you listen to the music but don't really go to the right raves :(

Did he have a good laugh atleast? :)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  13:54:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage  Reply with quote
edit

Edited by - Josephson_Junction on 2012/12/05 20:07:32
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  14:12:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Excellent first post Robert.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  15:58:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Hey all, thought I'd chime in here if anyone cares for opinionated drivel from a newly registered user!

Personally, I'm embarrassed when I have to tell people my favourite genre of music is Hardcore. At best they might think I like Gabber, but at worst (and usually) they know enough to equate hardcore with Hixxy, Styles, HTID and "Save Me". Or at least in my mind those are the things that are synonymous with Happy Hardcore nowadays. To me, saying happy hardcore now implies cheese, commercial, crap. Sorry :/

Truth be told for the past few years I've been existing strictly on a diet of freeform and breakbeat hardcore. Even more so since the demise of USH I've really not had anywhere to download mixes and keep myself up to date, aside from the occasional foray onto soundcloud, or the quarterly binge on tracks off the CLSM store. Heck, I've even gone to a few deep house nights and loved them.

Anyway, I hope this is going somewhere, but recently the line up for the last HU event coaxed me out (since I'm down in London briefly) because I saw Ponder, Thumpa, CLSM, Gavin G, Entity and Sam B on it. This is the first time since 2009 I've been to a "hardcore" night (unless a couple of Fantasias in the DnB room count?) and it was great.

I suppose my point is that there is all this music which is "hardcore" and is great, but then there is also all this (in my opinion) gash that is also "hardcore". Just because I like some bits of hardcore doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy HTID or Hardcore Heaven. And just because I don't like UK Hardcore any more doesn't make me any less entitled to an opinion!

As long as everything is under the umbrella of hardcore then I think this is going to happen, when really it should be water under the bridge. Let Gammer have his fun, by lambasting the "haters" then really he is a "hater" himself. Basically saying that his view of hardcore is the only one worth anything.

/diatribe

by the way,
Samination, I hope I didn't scare the shit out of you at HU. Basically I made a post on the FB page saying I was going alone and you commented. So I recognised you and said hi, but completely neglected to tell you how I knew your name! Eurgh!

Also Ponder - sorry for asking you how Ponder's set was! It's what happens when you listen to the music but don't really go to the right raves :(

I approve of this post.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  16:51:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

hehe thats awesome, were you freaked out jacek?

I approve his avatar! :D

Edited by - Triquatra on 2012/12/05 16:52:21
Robert Knolles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  18:47:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Robert Knolles's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Did he have a good laugh atleast? :)

I hope so! My humour doesn't work quite the same when I'm drunk :)

Cheers Triq, can't beat a bit of Morph!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  18:49:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

I approve his avatar! :D

I agree.

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/05 :  19:46:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it!

I generally agree with everything else you said, but I imagine one of the main reasons they enjoyed USH dying was because that site had devolved into a pool of hateful, spiteful, nonconstructive, damaging primordial soup; nothing like its prime at all.

I could argue that it devolved that way thanks to a very public hate campaign from a certain well established MC. It's by the by now anyway, as it's gone. However, my point still stands - discussion is a GOOD thing, as is criticism. I work in a field where I regularly have to request honest feedback from my peers and management - and they will be honest and harsh. You know why? It's because it's what I need to hear to improve myself, the same applies to anything. Glossing over criticism as 'hate' is naive and egotistical. Glossing over trolling as hate is just stupid, lol.

Robert: Good to meet you at HU. Our conversation was confusing, but it was VERY loud in there ;)

Robert Knolles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2012/12/06 :  20:37:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Robert Knolles's homepage  Reply with quote
Glad to hear it.

This is getting confusing, I knew I shouldn't have chosen this forum name as I'm not actually called Robert. I shall have a think on this.

Edited by - Robert Knolles on 2012/12/06 20:40:58
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2012/12/06 :  23:08:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Glad to hear it.

This is getting confusing, I knew I shouldn't have chosen this forum name as I'm not actually called Robert. I shall have a think on this.

What was the theory behind calling yourself Robert lol?

Robert Knolles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2012/12/06 :  23:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Robert Knolles's homepage  Reply with quote
Robert Knolles was an infamous English knight during the hundred years war and I've been reading about it a bit so kind of stuck in my head :)

I normally go by 3Form when I play games and stuff on the internet but I thought that'd be a bit cheesy considering what this website's about!

I lack imagination at times to be honest :(

Edited by - Robert Knolles on 2012/12/06 23:26:44
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  00:33:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I normally go by 3Form when I play games and stuff on the internet but I thought that'd be a bit cheesy considering what this website's about!

What about free4m? Or 3fourm? Or indeed... 34m?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  01:47:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

What about free4m? Or 3fourm? Or indeed... 34m?

Omg, it just dawned on me why Gammer named a tune "34m". How late am I to the party?

My SOUNDCLOUD

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  07:13:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Really i reckon Gammer started being such a prick when he became a dubstep producer and threatened to punch people.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page