Gammer loves to start shit...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  07:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
trigger warning: threats of violence

Alert moderator Go to top of page
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  09:19:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Admin should shut this thread, is just one big Trol. Hav'nt we got something better to talk about?

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  09:49:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Knolles:

I normally go by 3Form when I play games and stuff on the internet but I thought that'd be a bit cheesy considering what this website's about!

I lack imagination at times to be honest :(

What about free4m? Or 3fourm? Or indeed... 34m?

Omg, it just dawned on me why Gammer named a tune "34m". How late am I to the party?

I can't lie, I didn't know until I typed it, bit of a "shit, yeah, I get it now" moment!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  10:43:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Yep, i also wondered why he'd written a track called 34 metres.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  10:46:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd assumed it was to do with trouser waistlines

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  11:55:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Knolles:
Robert Knolles was an infamous English knight during the hundred years war

Quality! Wish I'd thought of choosing a name on some kind of basis like that. :-(

quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Omg, it just dawned on me why Gammer named a tune "34m". How late am I to the party?

lol, I only got that a few months ago as well. Someone mentioned it on a podcast.

Robert Knolles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  19:54:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Robert Knolles's homepage  Reply with quote
Hahaha, I hadn't worked that out already yet either!

Well Jay, if you approve of it I might just stick with it!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  19:56:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I hadn't worked it out til i read the latter part of this thread.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  22:51:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
"Bitch, I'm Kanye West #YOLO #SWAG" persona really.

What the **** does this mean?

I appreciated his post tbh, despite not being able to express why. Anyway, if you haven't heard Gammer's most recent studio mix, listen to the intro.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/07 :  22:55:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
As an artist, I've always taken the view that if you're willing to take the praise, you have to be prepared to accept criticism. It's part of being a writer, musician, actor, producer, singer - whatever. You're never going to appeal to everybody, so why waste time and energy on addressing those you clearly don't like, and never will like, what you do?

I've never understood this 'flame the haters' approach deployed by the so called 'top-tier' DJs in Hardcore. As someone pointed out earlier, it's as if they all have this deep seated aversion to criticism. Is it that damaging to one's ego that they feel the need to address it at every opportunity.

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I started making a name for myself back in 2000, it was an era of the discussion forum. It was before the Facebooks and Twitters of this world had taken over, and people would express their feelings and opinions on forums like this one, only back then, the likes of HHC and USH were massive, with thousands and thousands of registered users. What I learnt from that was to adopt a 'water off a ducks back' approach. Simply that you will always have your critics or 'haters' as idiots like to say. However, taking their comments personally will only ever be counter productive. Concentrate on what you do and what you enjoy, and appreciate the fans you do have and the support they give you.

Addressing a slightly wider point; discussion is essential. I get this worrying notion that many of the 'top-tier' would be happier if sites like this didn't exist - I mean, you saw that when USH went - they were loving it! Sites like this are crucial to the growth of any style of music, if we ever get to a situation where we're left with Twitter and Facebook fan-pages full of sycophants, then the music will never develop and move on, and will continue to shrink in to a ball as it has been for the past few years.

Blam! This is exactly the opinion I was trying to express, only much less eloquently.

Btw, I'm even later than the rest of you on the 34m thing -- by a few hours/days. :P

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2012/12/08 :  00:24:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I feel like I've shed a massive light on this 34M thing now!

Hell the hell do you pronounce it though? Three four em? Thirty four em? Or simply as freeform?!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/12/08 :  00:34:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
"Bitch, I'm Kanye West #YOLO #SWAG" persona really.

What the **** does this mean?

I appreciated his post tbh, despite not being able to express why. Anyway, if you haven't heard Gammer's most recent studio mix, listen to the intro.

What it means is that Kanye is one of the largest figures in popularizing the idea that if you're the best in the game, you should act like it. These ideas that "you're only successful if you piss people off" and "lol haterz" all stem from 2010's hip-hop culture. "Swag" has sort of replaced "bling" as the stereotypical thing that rappers brag about having as of 2012. YOLO (You Only Live Once) is a kind of rallying cry for young teenagers who have adopted a "f*ck what you say, I'll do what I want, when I want" mentality.

Gammer is clearly a big fan of Kanye (which is fine; I myself am giving MBDTF another listen upon posting this). However, ever since mid-2011, Gammer's whole persona has changed from a lovable, slightly dorky guy who asks the crowd to make some more noise (please) to a guy who is (in popular opinion) the best of the best and is thusly "above" average people.

I also think that now more than ever, Gammer is really really really fed up with being singled out as the sole reason why "all hardcore is all shitty and dubsteppy now" when 1)he's still producing a good amount of riff-y hardcore (hell, he remixed P&M - Missing and made it not suck) and 2) I don't think he has ever said that dub/electrocore is the "future of hardcore" or "what NEEDS to be produced for hardcore to survive" or any similar garbage. He may very well just like experimenting with new sounds.

All in all, its a terrible shame that he's lashing out now because I really like a lot of his music and he still seems so much more like a normal human being who happens to make hardcore when compared to other big names who only seem to be capable of shilling themselves. I think he's a victim of pop culture where being humble is seen as being weak, in this day and age more than ever.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/12/08 :  04:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
"Swag" has sort of replaced "bling" as the stereotypical thing that rappers brag about having as of 2012. YOLO (You Only Live Once) is a kind of rallying cry for young teenagers who have adopted a "f*ck what you say, I'll do what I want, when I want" mentality.

Ahh, seems suitably mentally retarded.

quote:
MBDTF

wtf?

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/12/08 :  09:11:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Just gonna leave this here:

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/08 :  12:29:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Classic.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page