Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  10:21:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yes would be amazing mate, finally get to meet the strange man who's been grooming me on the internet haha ;-)

Ha ha ha ha!! You'd be surprised how often something like that gets said to me!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Darts
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
531 posts
Darts has attended 34 events
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  10:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Darts's homepage  Reply with quote
I think I'll probably pop over for this next year, I don't take enough holidays

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  10:35:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yes would be amazing mate, finally get to meet the strange man who's been grooming me on the internet haha ;-)

Ha ha ha ha!! You'd be surprised how often something like that gets said to me!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  10:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Don't kid yourself Jay, it's no surprise to anybody.

I've never told anybody this before, but the first time i met Jay i had an undercover team from The News of the world on standby in case anything untoward happened.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  11:08:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Ha ha ha! Jokes!

Jesus, what a messy bloody night that was!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  11:16:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
A perfect introduction to 'the world of Jay'.

Truly memorable night, yet i remember virtually nothing about the music!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  11:38:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Ha ha! A pretty accurate microcosm of what was to come!

I remember Sy's set being absolutely mental. Then I accidentally took some unspeakables and it all went down hill from there! Next thing I know, I'm ordering a cab from Peterborough to Essex.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  18:54:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
I hope I'll have a flat until than and my company is succesfull to hire some more longbreathed employees to feel safe leaving my colleague during this time next year.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  19:28:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I hope I'll have a flat until than and my company is succesfull to hire some more longbreathed employees to feel safe leaving my colleague during this time next year.

Yes, every business needs a few longbreathed employees!

nantk

Spain
69 posts
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  21:44:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nantk's homepage  Reply with quote
is it possible to go from spain? I?ll have college exams so wont be able to go tho

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/07/26 :  22:55:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
is it possible to go from spain? I?ll have college exams so wont be able to go tho

I don't get your question. The event is in Lloret De Mar, Spain, so for you being in Spain it's easier. But yes it is hard if you have college exams the same time. It's a whole week not sure when your exams end.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/07/30 :  13:47:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Done 6 years in a row now but we will be skipping this one. Time to go and visit some other countries me thinks! Mexico or Malaysia next year. 8)

Nice that they have a beach party though! They had one a few years back but it was just a club that was on the beach that had the DJ's/sound system etc. which isn't a proper beach party IMO. :P Still good fun mind.

Ooh if you go to Mexico please let me know! I was just there recently in Cancun and south of it and I can tell you that it is still a completely safe area! I can definitely give you places to check out and tips on there as well.

Will do mate. :) Not sure where we will head there mind, we would both like to see some of the old Mayan ruins if we can. More interested in seeing/doing things than just laying on a beach.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/07/30 :  14:12:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Done 6 years in a row now but we will be skipping this one. Time to go and visit some other countries me thinks! Mexico or Malaysia next year. 8)

Nice that they have a beach party though! They had one a few years back but it was just a club that was on the beach that had the DJ's/sound system etc. which isn't a proper beach party IMO. :P Still good fun mind.

Ooh if you go to Mexico please let me know! I was just there recently in Cancun and south of it and I can tell you that it is still a completely safe area! I can definitely give you places to check out and tips on there as well.

Will do mate. :) Not sure where we will head there mind, we would both like to see some of the old Mayan ruins if we can. More interested in seeing/doing things than just laying on a beach.

definitely understand and that's what my cousin and I did, a mixture of both of them. I can tell you right now your best bet would be to fly to Cancun and take the ADO (bus) to Tulum and stay there. They have some really nice beaches, it's relatively safe from the rest of Mexico and the drug cartel, and it's also really close to the Mayan ruins in Tulum, as well as a not-to-far taxi ride to Gran Cenote and Koba. It's also much closer to Chichen Itza than if you were to take the ADO from Cancun, which I did.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/07/30 :  15:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks, that's great to know! Will definitely look into that, sounds spot on for us really. Hopefully there is plenty places to try some authentic Mexican food too.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/07/30 :  15:56:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Thanks, that's great to know! Will definitely look into that, sounds spot on for us really. Hopefully there is plenty places to try some authentic Mexican food too.

Yea Tulum has been gaining a bit more tourism, but from what I saw you will still get more of an authentic Mexican town than the majority of Cancun.

By the way just checked to see the distance between Tulum and Chichen Itza and it really isn't that much closer than Cancun would be. I will say though I highly suggest you spend at least one night in Chichen Itza, because there's a really cool light show that is played for those who are spending the night at the nearby hotels. But definitely book one of the two hotels that are extremely close to the 2nd entrance to Chichen Itza, because the others are about a 5-10min walk and I don't know how dark it gets around those parts so I wouldn't want you to run into trouble.

Also I just remembered there's another Mayan ruins that are less explored, and may be one of the few you can actually climb. It's Ek Balam, and it's located a few minutes north of Valladolid, which is a town 30mins east from Chichen Itza, heading back towards Cancun. I didn't have time to go there, but I hear it is very well worth it. Like I said so far last I checked it's the only mayan ruins you can actually climb. Coba (or Koba), chichen itza, the ruins in Cancun (which weren't that big but still they were nice) and in Tulum you are no longer allowed to climb at all.

Oh and definitely try and go a couple of weeks before or after Easter. Try and avoid the summer if you can as it will be at its most crowded, and that's also hurricane season for the gulf.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page