Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  16:54:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
The one positive I've taken from this is that it's been confirmed that I made the right choice to delete my Facebook years ago. More than a few illiterate roasters leaving stupid comments on the event page for HTID ITS. I'm cringing for them.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  17:41:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha true, but that's always been the case as far as I can remember it, even here but not as much lately. Seems to me that you have to have a lack of literacy to be a "true" fan of hardcore lol.

What boggles my mind is why some of the ravers don't understand the reason of disappointment by a good number of people. Sure people could go on raving and not let them affect the changes, but when you take into account the cost of flights, hotel, meals, jacked up price of alcohol, and other out of the ordinary costs of a weeklong oversees trip, this was simply not what was promised at the time of purchase. Either people who don't get that are rich as hell, or completely dense and ignorant.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  18:13:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
the current state of htid in the sun is a perfect allegory for the current state of the uk hardcore scene - a hollow shell for what once was. just a bunch of disorganized promotion, overrated djs and shitty house induced 'hardcore' tracks masturbating each other.

if this is the future of hardcore, it's ****ed.

My latest album has outsold all previous albums and last year I got freeform on Westfest, the biggest indoor rave of the year. We are all fine thanks.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  18:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Haha true, but that's always been the case as far as I can remember it, even here but not as much lately. Seems to me that you have to have a lack of literacy to be a "true" fan of hardcore lol.

What boggles my mind is why some of the ravers don't understand the reason of disappointment by a good number of people. Sure people could go on raving and not let them affect the changes, but when you take into account the cost of flights, hotel, meals, jacked up price of alcohol, and other out of the ordinary costs of a weeklong oversees trip, this was simply not what was promised at the time of purchase. Either people who don't get that are rich as hell, or completely dense and ignorant.

Yes, they seem happy enough 'bcoz itz bangin!'. People have a right to be pissed off at the amount of changes, which as far as I can tell, happened with no prior warning. I'm sure I'd be trying to make the most of it if I was over there, but I'd be pissed off as well.
That chaplins place looks like more of a pub than a club. I'd be fuming if I'd travelled all the way from Australia or America to listen to some hardcore tunes in a pub.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  19:20:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:
Originally posted by versia:

if this is the future of hardcore, it's ****ed.

My latest album has outsold all previous albums and last year I got freeform on Westfest, the biggest indoor rave of the year. We are all fine thanks.

And now you've quit, so I guess Hardcore is back to being ****ed :D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/18 :  23:00:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Alright so someone posted something from the lineup, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So Saturday's is very odd considering that the beach party was supposed to be on Thursday, unless this is a 2nd beach party that was cancelled. Also the night is very short, unless Saturday is the same day they're doing the Waterpark Party. They cut it short that night all the time to about 4hrs in the club.

Friday is also confusing, because it looks as though that the lineup is built to get you hyped up for the waterpark party. The year I went the night before the waterpark party we had 4hrs of Darren Styles, along with Force and Breeze joining in. It ended an hour early too, at 4am. last year it was a similar take, with a Gammer & Friends night with Gammer on for 4hrs. This looks to follow the same thing, Joey Riot with Kurt and Lady Dubz for 4hrs of Joey Riot. There doesn't seem to be 2 opening acts for that night, and the foam party is starting much later than usual. So they have really skimped down on everything this year. They totally should have gone with just a 3-4 day weekend event like Ibiza Goes Hard.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/19 :  06:45:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Doesn't look too bad actually. I like the idea of the old Skool night after the waterpark. Much better than the previous two years with the American and Canadian takeovers. I'd hazard a guess that Re-con will be closing the event, although it could also be unknown with whizzkid. I'm sure breeze will play a styles & breeze classics set on one of his sets.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/19 :  07:37:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Doesn't look too bad actually. I like the idea of the old Skool night after the waterpark. Much better than the previous two years with the American and Canadian takeovers. I'd hazard a guess that Re-con will be closing the event, although it could also be unknown with whizzkid. I'm sure breeze will play a styles & breeze classics set on one of his sets.

Just noticed that on Sunday yay for everyone not having to endure Klubfiller for the closing!

And I thought the Canadian takeover in 2012 was amazing, and people really loved it. It got lots of compliments from the UK ravers, and they played a ton of different things that the rest of the djs so far have not played.

As for last year, I wasn't there, but I think it sucked for those who went for the weekend because that happened on a Saturday night instead of on a Friday night like in 2012. They're not all the same djs as last year, and I have no clue if the sets were any good, but it was a rather weak weekend lineup for the last few days of the event. It wasn't just the North American djs, it was also the UK djs. Lots of the top tiered djs were done playing before the waterpark party. And of course the Klubfiller set ending the event.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  19:34:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Sorry if it's already been touched on before, but did anyone get to the bottom of/find out why Storm wasn't out there?

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  20:44:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Because he's playing Ravers Ibiza & also something to do with NYE.

He thought he was only going out the first 3 day's & then got bumped right off the event altogether.

Politics at their finest

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  21:11:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:

He thought he was only going out the first 3 day's & then got bumped right off the event altogether.

Politics at their finest

Surely there's more to it than this? I assume there's many DJ's and Mc's playing both Htid in the sun and ravers Ibiza.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  21:28:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
After the first day, I've seen nothing but positive reports from the event from both ravers and artists. In fact, people have been really enthusiastic about it! I still have a feeling it will be the last.

It's such a shame that Ravers and HTID have fallen out and are fragmenting the scene when actually it's a scene which requires everyone to pull together to survive.

It'll be their fault if it all falls apart.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  21:34:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:

Politics at their finest

Surely there's more to it than this? I assume there's many DJ's and Mc's playing both Htid in the sun and ravers Ibiza.

There has to be more to it really, doesn't there. He obviously hasn't just dropped out for whatever reason, judging from his comments on Facebook, which he has now got rid of. Sure if it's anything worth knowing we will do soon.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  21:43:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
It's clearly some backlash from his Raver's Choice shenanigans. Perhaps his ego got so inflated in bringing down one event just so no one will see Sy play that he wanted to try and make a drastic change to HTID ITS, which backfired on him and left him out of work. I know a far-fetched theory, but with that awful cunt you never know.

Storm not being there is the biggest positive of the whole event, and isn't Keyes not there as well? Double awesome if so!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/22 :  22:03:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Too much shit going on all over the place.

Regardless of what my opinion may be of certain individuals, i hate seeing this kind of thing happening.

Carry on with your arguing, silly ego-driven games and backstabbing - then you can be left fighting over what'll be left of the scene. Precisely F*** all!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page