Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  14:02:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
There are cheaper options than the blau apartments but as I said booking them on Travel Republic cut the price in half from any other website I looked on. Can't remember what price we payed but I don't think it was as much as what you payed.

I'm looking over at the Blau apts and right now for 7 days it's listed as 550 quid. Even half of that, it's still more than what I paid. Still, for 60 quid more to have a microwave, kitchen and fridge would be nice. But I sure as hell was not planning on cooking anything for myself since I was in vacation mode haha. And my hotel was about a 5ish minute walk from the club, depending on how fast or slow you walked.

There was an apt that was directly in front of the hotel that had rooms with a beach view. I'll check out and see what the name of that place is.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  19:05:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
There are cheaper options than the blau apartments but as I said booking them on Travel Republic cut the price in half from any other website I looked on. Can't remember what price we payed but I don't think it was as much as what you payed.

I'm looking over at the Blau apts and right now for 7 days it's listed as 550 quid. Even half of that, it's still more than what I paid. Still, for 60 quid more to have a microwave, kitchen and fridge would be nice. But I sure as hell was not planning on cooking anything for myself since I was in vacation mode haha. And my hotel was about a 5ish minute walk from the club, depending on how fast or slow you walked.

There was an apt that was directly in front of the hotel that had rooms with a beach view. I'll check out and see what the name of that place is.

Am I right in saying you stayed on your own? I went with my mrs so maybe the cost was lower for us. Ie a higher price in total but divided by 2 = much cheapness? Lol I really can't remember how much we paid but I remember thinking it was reasonably cheap.

Yeah we didn't make food for ourselves but the fridge was very handy for keeping the beers chilled :-D

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2013/11/04 19:09:04
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  19:19:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Am I right in saying you stayed on your own? I went with my mrs so maybe the cost was lower for us. Ie a higher price in total but divided by 2 = much cheapness? I really can't remember how much we paid but I remember thinking it was reasonably cheap.

Yes I did stay on my own. The way that hotel worked is it was a set price per person I think. I actually had a Canadian friend I made there stay in my hotel room b/c he thought he was running out of money and checked out of his place, so the last few days he moved in with me at like 30 euros a day or maybe less than that, can't remember. Right now I'm looking at it as 136 quid for a room with 1 person, and 273 for 2 people at the hotel I stayed at for next year's HTID ITS date. The price has drastically gone down since I was there 2 years ago.

Either way, it is definitely cheaper to get an apt with a bunch of other people since you split the cost of the whole place, and you have a whole kitchen with a fridge and microwave. Personally I like my space so I wouldn't want to share a place with more than 1 other person, especially if that one other person was someone I was in a relationship with. Besides, why the hell would you want to even spend too much time in the apt/hotel room when you've got bars, beach, and bitches all over the place? :)

Edited by - latininxtc on 2013/11/04 19:21:36
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  20:02:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Not yet brother, no. But I am pretty sure I'll have plenty of time to do that this weekend after recovering from Friday night at Stomp!, in Leeds. :-)

Me and Warnman will make sure you dont ;)

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  22:16:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
If both finances and school are going REALLY well, I might try to nip over for the weekend for this one.

Long shot like but we will see!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/11/04 :  22:41:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
If both finances and school are going REALLY well, I might try to nip over for the weekend for this one.

Long shot like but we will see!

Would be sweet for you to do that. I just hope they still have a decent lineup and someone who knows how to close down an event those last few days. I think whoever did the weekend only last year were severely cheated of an epic weekend.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2013/11/04 22:42:26
DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/01 :  06:34:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote
i'm very impatient

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/01 :  08:29:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I'm not doing it this year, but my goal is definitely for Ravers Ibiza! It's actually very doable for me since I can get the flight for free minus airport fees and whatnot. That would save me about 1,000 right there.

Trones
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Trones has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  06:23:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trones's homepage  Reply with quote
Ill be there, working on getting a crew together.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  13:24:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

I'm massively undecided now with the Ravers thing later in the year.

Do you think HTID's atmosphere will be reduced if the attendance is effected by Ravers? I don't want my first raving-holiday experience to be reduced because of an under-attended event.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  23:43:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
HTID ITS has been under attended for at least the last two years mate. Although I have to say the atmosphere is usually great with or without a large crowd. I'm sure the ravers Ibiza event will reduce the attendance further this year.
The scene is far too small for 2 overseas events like this within months of each other. Promoters should be working together instead of a new one popping up and trying to take business from the other.
I said it last year that HTID ITS needed freshening up but I'd still rather go to that than ravers just because of the principal... That and the fact that MC Keyes is an arrogant wank.
If both promoters worked together and moved HTID to Ibiza that would make a much better event imo.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/06 :  00:34:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
HTID ITS has been under attended for at least the last two years mate. Although I have to say the atmosphere is usually great with or without a large crowd. I'm sure the ravers Ibiza event will reduce the attendance further this year.
The scene is far too small for 2 overseas events like this within months of each other. Promoters should be working together instead of a new one popping up and trying to take business from the other.
I said it last year that HTID ITS needed freshening up but I'd still rather go to that than ravers just because of the principal... That and the fact that MC Keyes is an arrogant wank.
If both promoters worked together and moved HTID to Ibiza that would make a much better event imo.

While that is true that promoters need to work together, it's pretty obvious that HTID is the promoter who isn't trying at all to work with anyone else. Announcing an HTID USA event and a possible HTID Australia event, and leaving HU in the dark about it is rather a slap in the face. HU has had gigs in the past in the US and Canada, even having a traditional HU night at least once a year in Toronto for the last couple of years. And they're having a small US tour coming up this year in the US as well.

Regardless of what an arrogant prick and a godawful MC Keyes is, an event like Raver's Ibiza AND Ibiza Goes Hard are prime examples of HTID unwilling to listen and work with others besides the same djs they always work with.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/02/06 :  17:33:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
While that is true that promoters need to work together, it's pretty obvious that HTID is the promoter who isn't trying at all to work with anyone else. Announcing an HTID USA event and a possible HTID Australia event, and leaving HU in the dark about it is rather a slap in the face. HU has had gigs in the past in the US and Canada, even having a traditional HU night at least once a year in Toronto for the last couple of years. And they're having a small US tour coming up this year in the US as well.

Regardless of what an arrogant prick and a godawful MC Keyes is, an event like Raver's Ibiza AND Ibiza Goes Hard are prime examples of HTID unwilling to listen and work with others besides the same djs they always work with.

Not really sure I'm following. Yeah, it's a nice thought that ideally promoters work together for the good of the scene - but it's a bit harsh to slag off promoters that don't.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/02/06 :  19:53:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Not really sure I'm following. Yeah, it's a nice thought that ideally promoters work together for the good of the scene - but it's a bit harsh to slag off promoters that don't.

Personally i think you can if the end result is a show from that promoter that isn't good.

HTID ITS line up this year is by far the worst i've seen out of them all. Whereas Ravers Ibiza already appear to be working with more brands which may result in a better event.

Some might say HTID don't want to lose the position of being the conglomerate of Hardcore.

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2014/02/13 :  14:48:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

No dates have been announced yet for the USA one and the HTID Australia, USA, Germany, Canada, Spain & Sweden are groups on facebook to help bring the crews who do come to HTID in the sun talk as theres always a large group from these countries who come every year. no event has been announced in OZ, Canada, Germany or Sweden etc

I dont get what HU has to do with HTID though? Both Fracus and Darwin are both booked for HTID in the Sun this year as like every year, HTID have them regularly on their line ups.

As for the Keyes comment, Behind the scenes Lambert has actually met up with Keyes in the past to try sort out joint events, politics and let him know of dates and used to book him for years, but he still does events every 2-3 weeks regardless of what any other event is doing So what goes on line, there is alot behind the scenes that goes on to try make the scene work that people don't actually see.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page