Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  13:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
looks like its kicking off already, from what i can gather Storm isnt turning up and the beach party day has been changed, people not happy haha.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  13:47:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I bet hixxy will need 2 seats on the plane.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  14:20:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I bet hixxy will need 2 seats on the plane.

Same with Breeze

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  16:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I like HTID, have always enjoyed their events and want them to succeed so I hope it goes well. It does however look like HTID's time in hardcore might be coming to an end. I hope not mind!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  16:34:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Storm definately isnt going, to be fair htid should of told people this beforehand as a lot of people will obviously be wanting to see him.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  17:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
On top of MC Storm not being there (big win in my book), the complaints from people already there it looks like it's one chaotic mess. The beach party got switched days without warning, if you didn't get your wristband first day you have to somewhere else to get it, and it looks as though the water park party will begin much later than expected.

and apparently Gammer was the kickoff set, so looks as though he might not even be there for the weekend. But you never know. Wish we had a list of the lineup.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  19:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I like HTID, have always enjoyed their events and want them to succeed so I hope it goes well. It does however look like HTID's time in hardcore might be coming to an end. I hope not mind!

Agreed. Always been my favourite event but they seem to be much less of a force than they once were. It looks like Hixxy has really taken a back seat over the last few years, although he still has a hand in things. This is probably a lot to do with it. Along with the music just not being everyone's cup of tea anymore.

The complaints on the fb page about the event are typical of my experience at ITS in the last couple of years. It feels like the promoters have lost a lot of passion and interest in it. Storm not being there wouldn't really bother me but I can understand why people are frustrated. I'm sure the flyer was done in good faith and they expect everyone named to be there when it was done, but not telling people when these DJ's or Mc's have cancelled/been cancelled is bad form, people pay good money for the event and it's not fair on them.

I think the event has done it's time. It's not a shadow of its former self, time to call it a day.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  19:37:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
I think being upset over Storm not being there is incredibly ridiculous. He's just an MC, it's not like he was one of the top-tier DJs there. You can have a great time at a rave with no MCs, but you can't even have a rave without DJs.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  19:40:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

It does sound quite bad. Whatever happens (i.e. long-term wtih HTID) I hope the week is salvageable for these poor fcuks that are out there now expecting to have an amazing week. Could have so fcuking easily been me.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  19:52:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

It does sound quite bad. Whatever happens (i.e. long-term wtih HTID) I hope the week is salvageable for these poor fcuks that are out there now expecting to have an amazing week. Could have so fcuking easily been me.

glad you decided not to go! I cannot imagine with these complaints already they would make the same mistake twice for next year, if they even decide to do one more, which I can't see that happening. This works in Ravers Ibiza's benefit.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  20:03:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It'll be a real shame if it turns out to be a poor week.

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  20:03:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
Only 900 tickets sold apparently, half the raves are in chaplains bar rather than collossos, storm's not there, beach party was moved days.

Still absolutely devastated i'm not there, makes it even worse that the reason we weren't going was because my girlfriend couldn't get this week off. And now she can, and is off for the week.

Be totally gutted if it turns out to be the last one.

Oh well, got now that's what i call hardcore on saturday, should make it a bit easier!

Just gotta look forward to Uproar in the dam now!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  20:09:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
Only 900 tickets sold apparently

Do you know how many they sell typically?

P.S. Good to (briefly) see you at HU the other week mate. :-)

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  20:14:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
"Htid in the sun opening night was fantastic! Easily the most fun I've ever had playing in Collossus. I know the 'no-mc' sets aren't for everyone but the ravers seemed to be vibing well
Highlights include Andy Whitbys idea of 'let's just drink Til we get picked up at 4:30am' and then us suffering on the floor of Girona airport at 6pm questioning why we thought it was a good idea
Sad to be home already. Hope everyone has a great week!"

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/17 :  20:15:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
They sold at least 1k the year I went. Isn't the 900 figure what they sold last year?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page