Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  14:48:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
No none of us are. As Kaylene says HTID have helped me out by sending e-adverts out for my albums etc, but really they should be booking us at events.

Business-wise, if HTID puts on a popular freeform DJ (me, A.B, Douglas etc) on at an event then they are going to appeal to freeform fans who wouldn't necessarily go to a HTID, if they get another 10 people in at their event because they've got a handful of freeform DJs then they are appealing to a bigger market. Granted we are not going to pull another 500 people in but labels like ReBuild and Stamina have a loyal following and I think the freeform lot would go to more big events if there were a few of us on. By not having freeform DJs they are alienating freeform ravers which might otherwise go.

I sent every one of my albums to HTID with a nice cover letter explaining the profits, the reach of the album, the following of the label etc and I've never had a reply, never mind a booking. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face when it comes to freeform, cos us lot are releasing albums, making money and getting new people into the music every week....plus we wouldn't water down our sets like Kev & Sharkz ended up doing near the end. Very sad business.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  15:07:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Jay if you're going to this i'll see you next week !

Sadly not bro beans. :-(

Me and my girlfriend were 100% behind doing it this year. Then Ravers was announced and it threw us completely. Which one do we do? Will the numbers be completely diluted at both? Do we want to risk a couple of grand on an atmosphericless week?

So in the end we decided against it. If Ravers did a weekend package I'd consider it. But to be honest, I'd like to see how the music develops over the next 12 months and have a think about one of the events next year. The basic, electro, minimal mainstream sounds doesn't do it for me - and although I realise there would be varied sets, themed sets, classic sets - I don't fancy it at the moment.

Moving into a place with my girlfriend next week as well, so financially it would have been a nightmare if we'd committed.

Hope you have a very powerful time though man! Are any of the Freeform LADS playing?

Have you got a girlfriend?

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  16:25:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Have you got a girlfriend?

Yeah. Sorry, should have been clearer.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  17:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea its just you only mentioned it twice in 1 post so i wasn't too sure.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  17:49:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I know, i still find it hard to believe too....

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  17:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I know, i still find it hard to believe too....

His girlfriend does too

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  18:38:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Not me this year. Was only ever going to do the weekend but had to scrap that due to a number of things. A wee bit dissapointed but done it the last 2 years so not too bothered. Haven't really seen much hype or build-up this year but I suppose I've not been going out my way to look for it. Will be very interesting to see what the numbers are like this year.

Yes hopefully we have an informant here to fill us in on all the details for this year.

It's still annoying that Raver's Ibiza has yet to release their lineup. They said they would once they've hit 2,000 people attending, yet nothing. Clearly they're still trying to put everything together.

Are they expecting 2000 people to attend? I'd be astonished if they got over half of that. The first ever Htid in the sun had around 2000 in attendance if I rember correctly but that was when hardcore was much more popular than it is now and it was the first event of its kind.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  19:35:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not me this year. Was only ever going to do the weekend but had to scrap that due to a number of things. A wee bit dissapointed but done it the last 2 years so not too bothered. Haven't really seen much hype or build-up this year but I suppose I've not been going out my way to look for it. Will be very interesting to see what the numbers are like this year.

Yes hopefully we have an informant here to fill us in on all the details for this year.

It's still annoying that Raver's Ibiza has yet to release their lineup. They said they would once they've hit 2,000 people attending, yet nothing. Clearly they're still trying to put everything together.

Are they expecting 2000 people to attend? I'd be astonished if they got over half of that. The first ever Htid in the sun had around 2000 in attendance if I rember correctly but that was when hardcore was much more popular than it is now and it was the first event of its kind.

damn really? wish i had been aware of HTID ITS during that time and not been afraid to travel alone. Then again I was in summer school that year trying get rid of the last of my basics and saving up for going to college full-time so wasn't the best year to travel. A shame because I had $10,000 saved up at that time too lol

And of course they've got to be completely ****ed out of their minds to think that 2,000 people will really attend the event. That's always an exaggeration, as many ppl who have no intention of going will just click on attending just to keep up with upcoming info released.

They just wanted the attending amount to reach 2,000.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/06/13 19:37:13
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  20:14:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

damn really? wish i had been aware of HTID ITS during that time and not been afraid to travel alone. Then again I was in summer school that year trying get rid of the last of my basics and saving up for going to college full-time so wasn't the best year to travel. A shame because I had $10,000 saved up at that time too lol

And of course they've got to be completely ****ed out of their minds to think that 2,000 people will really attend the event. That's always an exaggeration, as many ppl who have no intention of going will just click on attending just to keep up with upcoming info released.

They just wanted the attending amount to reach 2,000.

In my mind nothing will ever come close to the first HTID ITS, quite literally the best week of my life. I've never felt so good about hardcore as I did after that event. Such an amazing buzz surrounding the event and it didn't disappoint. After the first one I didn't go back until 2012 and even though that was amazing too it was nowhere near as good, or busy. It was clear that the novelty had worn off for a lot of people.

Ah didn't realise it was 2000 people clicking a button on Facebook lol, that explains it.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  21:11:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Another thing that's probably a good reason for those who are worried about the atmosphere there being bad, it will definitely be bad the first few hours. When I went in 2012 the Euro Cup was going on, and that's probably the reason for some slow starts on some nights. The 2nd to last night's opening was terrible because England was playing. Hardly anyone was there to hear DJ C's incredible set. The same I'm sure will happen on some nights next week, especially since there's about a 3-4hr difference from Brazil and Spain's time. I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup will certainly reflect that too.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  21:12:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
HTID In The Sun 2007 was a good 2,000 people I think, it was a wicked weekend! Played speedcore in the techno room and got savagely pissed and stoned all weekend!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/06/14 :  06:22:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Yea its just you only mentioned it twice in 1 post so i wasn't too sure.

Sorry pal. Do my best to moderate references going forwards.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/06/14 :  06:59:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Jay if you're going to this i'll see you next week !

Sadly not bro beans. :-(

Me and my girlfriend were 100% behind doing it this year. Then Ravers was announced and it threw us completely. Which one do we do? Will the numbers be completely diluted at both? Do we want to risk a couple of grand on an atmosphericless week?

So in the end we decided against it. If Ravers did a weekend package I'd consider it. But to be honest, I'd like to see how the music develops over the next 12 months and have a think about one of the events next year. The basic, electro, minimal mainstream sounds doesn't do it for me - and although I realise there would be varied sets, themed sets, classic sets - I don't fancy it at the moment.

Moving into a place with my girlfriend next week as well, so financially it would have been a nightmare if we'd committed.

Hope you have a very powerful time though man! Are any of the Freeform LADS playing?

Don't think so unfortunately I should of gone last year , there are still some sets am gonna enjoy, am gonna be out a lot more after this holiday so am sure our paths will cross again

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/16 :  17:24:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
So can anyone who is there post the line up for the week? Feeling a wee but gutted I'm not there tbh :-(

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/16 :  18:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes someone please let us know what the lineup is, to see if they give y'all another shit lineup for the weekend like they did last year.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page