Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 OneSeventy
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/11/14 :  18:45:14  Show profile Send a private message
attempted to buy some fresh hardcore tracks off beatport..... think i picked up 1.

Technikore used to be one one of my fav dj's, but nor him or his label can seem to release anything worth a damn anymore. scrolled for quite awhile, trying to find one good track. nothing. I know we like to whine about HU, but god damn, atleast they still bring us fresh hardcore that doesn't suck.

OneSeventy is putting out some of the most boring, uninspired poop. I hope Technikore goes back to making good toons, he was one of the best.

Alert moderator
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/11/15 :  21:10:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
Yeah some of the labels track can be hit or miss.

Have you heard these?

Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light
New one from Scott Brown, Technikore & JTS - Low End Theory
Ben Nicky Anywhere (Technikore remix) it's not OneSeventy

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Sulphurik on 2019/11/15 21:10:54
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/11/15 :  22:50:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Yeah some of the labels track can be hit or miss.

Have you heard these?

Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light
New one from Scott Brown, Technikore & JTS - Low End Theory
Ben Nicky Anywhere (Technikore remix) it's not OneSeventy

not big on those either. i really don't enjoy that hardstyle lead.

this is the last release i can find that gets me going.
https://www.beatport.com/track/losing-myself-original-mix/11275707

Suae and JTS used to throw down hard too, but i don't enjoy anything they have produced in a long time either. guess it's not too different from most of the uk hardcore dj's though.

lone_raver

United Kingdom
54 posts
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  16:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message
Is his label exclusive to beatport now? I ask because I was on Juno download and it wouldn?t let me purchase the extended mixes only the radio edits. Just shows album only. Thanks if anyone knows anything.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  18:04:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Maybe the full versions are exclusive elsewhere for a while?

I don't buy many single tunes these days but I usually have to wait if they're not from Beatport.

lone_raver

United Kingdom
54 posts
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  18:41:31  Show profile  Send a private message
Could be, just strange it lets you have the radio edits though and not the proper track. Just seems to be a new thing. Don?t shop for single downloads anywhere else apart from Juno download so will probably just have to give them a miss.

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2019/11/17 :  16:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lone_raver:
Could be, just strange it lets you have the radio edits though and not the proper track. Just seems to be a new thing. Don?t shop for single downloads anywhere else apart from Juno download so will probably just have to give them a miss.

is an "standard"... since 2016 some labels are releasing their tracks in Radio Edit and Extened (Original) versions like Klubbed Up (back in 2016 to 2018), Hardcore Underground (since 44th release), few releases on JTS Recordings back in 2014 and lately few picky singles from 24/7 Hardcore, picky means the lastest.

lone_raver

United Kingdom
54 posts
Posted - 2019/11/17 :  20:54:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Yeah I know that, just wont let me buy the full track (extended mixes). It says album only and it?s greyed out. It only lets me buy the radio edits. Just assumed they might have it exclusive elsewhere.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2019/11/18 :  01:54:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/11/18 :  05:25:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

I doubt it, since hardstyle seems to have be slowly growing bigger and bigger, compared to the drumstep stuff

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LivefordaBass
Starting Member

Australia
3 posts
Posted - 2019/11/18 :  11:52:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LivefordaBass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:

I doubt it, since hardstyle seems to have be slowly growing bigger and bigger, compared to the drumstep stuff

I agree long Live the classics hardstyle will rise again !!

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/11/18 :  17:57:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I hope not

AWal

United States
66 posts
Posted - 2019/11/26 :  18:44:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AWal's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lone_raver:
Yeah I know that, just wont let me buy the full track (extended mixes). It says album only and it?s greyed out. It only lets me buy the radio edits. Just assumed they might have it exclusive elsewhere.

Cheapest on their own shop unless you decide to stream it instead:
https://www.oneseventy.net/label-store

They did some changes recently, but the versions there are at least the extended mix (if the files didn't change for the 1 through 50 releases when they did the refresh, they were zip files with both mixes).

Same price for FLAC and/or MP3.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/04 :  13:48:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
An artist hadn't heard of before is Australian producer Summa Jae. She had a track on OneSeventy last year If Ever, very nice track.
https://www.beatport.com/release/if-ever/2574451

Really liking this Sacrifice remix
https://www.beatport.com/release/sacrifice/2762292

Jakka B forthcoming release sounds very good too.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2020/01/04 13:49:14
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  02:50:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
attempted to buy some fresh hardcore tracks off beatport..... think i picked up 1.

Technikore used to be one one of my fav dj's, but nor him or his label can seem to release anything worth a damn anymore. scrolled for quite awhile, trying to find one good track. nothing. I know we like to whine about HU, but god damn, atleast they still bring us fresh hardcore that doesn't suck.

OneSeventy is putting out some of the most boring, uninspired poop. I hope Technikore goes back to making good toons, he was one of the best.

Have to say I totally disagree. But if your ONLY into the old 2000s sound I can see why you would not like him developing his sound.

Personally I think OneSeventy is probably one of the top Hardcore dedicated labels in the scene at the moment next to Electric Fox.
Technikore is on fire with his productions, has tracks often signed to Electric Fox and had over a million spotify plays for "4' O Clock in the morning".

While some might not like what he is doing, I think he has actually gotten a bigger fan base for staying so fresh and up to date with his sounds.

You have to stay current in order to survive with productions. Let's be honest, if you don't evolve you get left behind. Has happened to many Hardcore djs. And they get stuck playing the occasional oldskool night and that's about it.

Saying that I am still not a fan of 160, but I guess that will just be another type of Hardcore around like freeform is.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  06:06:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

I mean, if the hardstyle influence is now a major part of UK Hardcore, who made the choice to go down that road ?

As far as I can see, it was Da Tweekaz, who made some hardstyle tracks of hardcore tracks, and Gammer / Styles started doing it, so everyone started doing it. That's how I see it.

So I beggars the question WHY ? Why follow like sheep and change the scene to suit it ? Sorry, but I disagree with the decision to do it. UK Hardcore formerly Happy Hardcore is something that seems to change more than most genres. People always trying to reinvent the wheel. Probably why it's failed so many times and been so sucessful so many times. I can't think of any other dance genre that has had the ups n downs of our hardcore.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page