Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/05/08 :  06:29:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelFairways:
Nothing coming out of late from OneSeventy or any other label does a thing for me, just my opinion but i cannot remember the last time i heard a release that really set my pulse going.

UK hardcore is a bit in the doldrums at the min. The last one that really hit me was Alaguan - safety net last year. I have been enjoying Rapture records releases though.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/05/08 :  08:34:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought it was completely dead tbh until the bouncy techno EP came from lethal theory.

Now I hope there is something new on the horizon, something i've been asking for , for the last 10 years. Bouncy Techno.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2021/05/08 :  16:06:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=105297

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/06/03 :  21:26:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
New JTS - what's anyone's thoughts?

I like parts including the vocals and main riff sounds fine. Main section midway through sounds good. What's anyone think of the inclusion of the drum n bass sections? Short part after 1st minute and then at 2.35. At first I wasn't so sure of this in a hardcore track but to be fair they are shortish sections. They do work well with the vocals but for the part at 2m 35 a hardcore beat may have sounded good also.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2021/06/04 :  00:36:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
New JTS - what's anyone's thoughts?

I like parts including the vocals and main riff sounds fine. Main section midway through sounds good. What's anyone think of the inclusion of the drum n bass sections? Short part after 1st minute and then at 2.35. At first I wasn't so sure of this in a hardcore track but to be fair they are shortish sections. They do work well with the vocals but for the part at 2m 35 a hardcore beat may have sounded good also.

It's alright. Standard recipe plus the DNB drums. Lacks character and atmosphere for me, sounds a bit sterile.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2021/06/04 :  08:59:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
I gave up playing new UK hardcore 5 years ago and it still sounds exactly the same as it did 5 years ago, so so boring. Generic EDM riff, beat with no power, generic EDM fills.

Hardcore was at its best when it had its own identity (96-99 and 2002-2005), I wish it would stop copycatting.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/06/05 :  13:40:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
I know was on Hardcore Heaven 5 album...single release out now which has got a touch up. This is a decent track. On Jakka B mix on Bonkers beats last night, he started with the Olly P remix. Sounds ok but not so keen on the higher pitched kicks.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/06/05 :  13:50:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Like this 2019 remix

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/06/16 20:55:28
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/06/05 :  15:47:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
"Always" by Technikore on 170. 10/10, really really good.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/06/21 :  20:11:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
One seventy are just Urgh.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/06/22 :  19:48:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
One seventy are just Urgh.

There have been some quality tracks such as the Jakka-B & Macks Wolf track above.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/06/22 19:49:22
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/06/25 :  21:38:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Good job

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/06/25 21:39:48
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/06/26 :  21:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Good job

Always quality tunes, but OneSeventy is starting to sound very predictable and all the same with every release.. Would be good if they experimented a bit more and thought outside the box with propper Hardstyle Kicks or Faster Tempo's. Just experiment a bit more. Even the classic House Music pianos & riffs would be cool.
You look at Brutal Kuts, they release a lot more variety with new style 90s Happy Hardcore as well as today's sound.

Just seems to be a very strict formulated sound with everything OneSeventy is doing and very stale now.

Classic EDM House like this would sound unreal at a faster tempo.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/06/26 22:16:07
MichaelFairways

United Kingdom
95 posts
Posted - 2021/06/28 :  20:03:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MichaelFairways's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm finding OneSeventy a bit predictable lately, releases are quite samey and they seem to be following a pattern, which is a shame as this label was always up there as one of my faves, releases such as Light Show & Reflections are particular highlights.

Sparkz_LuckyStrike

United Kingdom
45 posts
Posted - 2021/06/28 :  23:08:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sparkz_LuckyStrike's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

You have to stay current in order to survive with productions. Let's be honest, if you don't evolve you get left behind.

And that my friend is the EXACT problem with the core scene. WTF "evolve"... Do what the rest are doing because they've nabbed it off someone else and are making money out of it, and if you don't, then doomed from the start?

Back then, lots of people doing core, all varieties of sounds. Breaks, old skool, happy, freeform/trancecore, etc. Throughout the era's regardless of the style, there's been huge variety (Force and styles compared with Kaos or Sy. Hixxy compared with Dougal and Gammer). The list of variations could go on but I can't be arsed.

Now, 2020 onwards... Carbon copy the absolute sh*te which is all down to mackswolf, with the screechy garbage or don't bother.

The fact is, in these times, you only "stay current" if want to milk money from it.

If anyone gets "left behind" then it shows what sort of scene it is now, cash in, take, take take, the end.

Anyway, on that note... Breeze... The least talented person in the scene. Had an unprofessional fabricated bitch and moan about me on his FB page for revealing the prices he was asking to remix stuff. A useless producer floated by others. Same goes for many others in the scene but ah well.

Edited by - Sparkz_LuckyStrike on 2021/06/28 23:09:10

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page