Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  16:34:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

This^^

I Don't know exactly who said it (I think it was paul van dyk) that the grammy for one of the last years in electronic music should be given to the makers of Nexus (synth).

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/08 :  18:47:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
It's the Jakka B release :)
https://www.beatport.com/release/chasing-the-sun/2801532

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/14 :  22:16:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

Wonder if label have plans to release an album.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2020/01/14 22:19:41
AWal

United States
66 posts
Posted - 2020/01/15 :  14:35:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AWal's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

JTS & Technikore run in together as a part of their joint events group venture.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/01/15 :  18:13:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
still all sounds like boring hard style influenced crap to me.

atleast the bpm is right.

ughhhh, why did they have to get rid of the hardcore kick snares. guess i never realized how much i associated the fast repeat snare with uk hardcore.

i can't stand the sound without it.

Edited by - trippnface on 2020/01/15 18:14:11
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/25 :  17:55:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
still all sounds like boring hard style influenced crap to me.

atleast the bpm is right.

ughhhh, why did they have to get rid of the hardcore kick snares. guess i never realized how much i associated the fast repeat snare with uk hardcore.

i can't stand the sound without it.

I like the hardstyle sounds in some tracks including Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light, really like the track. I'm ok with hardstyle influenced leads in some UK hardcore tracks. I think it does work well and with UK hardcore kickdrums.

I do like listening to some hardstyle tracks. One artist I like a good number of tracks from is Headhunterz. Like his melodic style. I don't always like the hardstyle kickdrums in the genre.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/25 :  17:58:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

I mean, if the hardstyle influence is now a major part of UK Hardcore, who made the choice to go down that road ?

As far as I can see, it was Da Tweekaz, who made some hardstyle tracks of hardcore tracks, and Gammer / Styles started doing it, so everyone started doing it. That's how I see it.

So I beggars the question WHY ? Why follow like sheep and change the scene to suit it ? Sorry, but I disagree with the decision to do it. UK Hardcore formerly Happy Hardcore is something that seems to change more than most genres. People always trying to reinvent the wheel. Probably why it's failed so many times and been so sucessful so many times. I can't think of any other dance genre that has had the ups n downs of our hardcore.

Not everyone is doing it (hardstyle influences in UK Hardcore). Hardcore Underground artists haven't been using the influence (as far as I'm aware in majority of releases).

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/01/25 :  21:27:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
I have bought a few of these hardstyle tracks. One thing I noticed recently is the choruses are way too short.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  04:35:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I mean, if the hardstyle influence is now a major part of UK Hardcore, who made the choice to go down that road ?

As far as I can see, it was Da Tweekaz, who made some hardstyle tracks of hardcore tracks, and Gammer / Styles started doing it, so everyone started doing it. That's how I see it.

So I beggars the question WHY ? Why follow like sheep and change the scene to suit it ? Sorry, but I disagree with the decision to do it. UK Hardcore formerly Happy Hardcore is something that seems to change more than most genres. People always trying to reinvent the wheel. Probably why it's failed so many times and been so sucessful so many times. I can't think of any other dance genre that has had the ups n downs of our hardcore.

Well back in 2000 the scene all changed to Trance influenced Hardcore. All those tracks you guys all like from Raver Baby etc would never have existed if evolution never happened.
Hardcore would still have the 90s sound.

The way I see it, we had a good 13 years of Trancey Hardcore which is more than enough. Has been done to death, nothing new or inspirational can be done with that sound anymore. It is stale and very dated. Is like saying let's go back to analogue phones. They work fine, why change?

The Hardstyle, EDM and even Hip Hop Influences are the best thing that can happen to Hardcore. Keeps the scene fresh, exciting and from dieing.
None of the new ravers are going to want to hear something that sounds like it is 15 years out of date. Time to move to the next era.

That is why Hard Trance died. It never evolved. And Hardstyle just took it over and dominated.

Guys like Macks Wolf, Darren Styles,, Technikore, JTS, Alex Prospect, Dougal, Joey Riot, Jakka B, Rob IYF, Nobody etc
They all realised it is time to move on. You can hear it from their productions.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

DJ Blazar

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  05:47:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Blazar's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:

Well back in 2000 the scene all changed to Trance influenced Hardcore. All those tracks you guys all like from Raver Baby etc would never have existed if evolution never happened.
Hardcore would still have the 90s sound.

The way I see it, we had a good 13 years of Trancey Hardcore which is more than enough. Has been done to death, nothing new or inspirational can be done with that sound anymore. It is stale and very dated. Is like saying let's go back to analogue phones. They work fine, why change?

The Hardstyle, EDM and even Hip Hop Influences are the best thing that can happen to Hardcore. Keeps the scene fresh, exciting and from dieing.
None of the new ravers are going to want to hear something that sounds like it is 15 years out of date. Time to move to the next era.

That is why Hard Trance died. It never evolved. And Hardstyle just took it over and dominated.

Guys like Macks Wolf, Darren Styles,, Technikore, JTS, Alex Prospect, Dougal, Joey Riot, Jakka B, Rob IYF, Nobody etc
They all realised it is time to move on. You can hear it from their productions.

what about gabber?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  08:26:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  10:34:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't agree with the trance influence, because that was one of the reasons the 90's sound mutated but also why the scene almost died completely. Hixxy, Bunter, but to name a few and it's main protagonist Sharkey were pushing this Trancecore thing down everyones throats, and it got so boring and slow, people hated it.

Everyone I spoke to hated it. I kept buying packs until 2000 ish, and to me the sound was already changing from Happy Hardcore to UK Hardcore and those that stayed loyal started to find a new stye.

That's where I lost interest in it all and came back a few years later.

But trance didn't influence that, it almost destroyed it, that bang the future crap and all that slow shite they were peddling because it was a lot easier to make. It eventually found its own place, free form, but that again was a pile of shite in my eyes, cos it spawned a bunch of ******* producers with it.

UK Hardcore morphed directly from the 90's hardcore imo, BECAUSE the trance style that was also being pushed made people focus more on happy hardcore and make it modern. they didnt wanna go down the trancey shite route.

But with all that said, I am glad it all went that way because it did spawn a new era of UK Hardcore and that was fun whille it lasted.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  10:37:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:

This^^

I Don't know exactly who said it (I think it was paul van dyk) that the grammy for one of the last years in electronic music should be given to the makers of Nexus (synth).

That is so true, Nexus spawned the German Trumpet, which pretty much shaped the lead sound for 10 years. Still does really, nothing quite sounds the same now, apart from this irritating Tweekacore lead.

btw I am not knocking Da Tweekaz, I actually like their attitude and the way they do their live shows, I don't like hardstyle, but makes me laugh when they drop bombs at their shows with some uptempo or something, and they arent scared to drop different things.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  00:34:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

Nobody - Empty Henny bottles.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2020/01/27 00:49:56
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  17:38:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Hip Hop influences?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

Nobody - Empty Henny bottles.

that's horrific, gammer levels of bad.

How do we go from pianos & female vocals, to shit like this?

what elements of those tracks give them the right to be called happy hardcore, uk hardcore, or be played to those trying to listen to a hardcore set?

I would want my money back

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page