Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2007/11/25 :  14:09:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
At the end of the day, does it really matter if Bonkers ceases to exist?

IMO, no. I stopped buying after 14, and even then it wasnt really delivering anymore.
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
All I want to know is if it is the end of Bonkers? It's the only true happy hardcore album as far as I'm concerned. Plus it's the only one that has an original title. Not like the albums released now that use the word "Hardcore" in the title.

I remember when i started properly listening hardcore, odd 4-5 years ago. Used to search netstores that sold hardcore, by just going to the site and searching 'Hardcore', if it didnt find anything, went to another store. It made finding out about new albums so much easier, since majority of stores dont categorize the CD's that well ...and bonkers isnt that much diffrent "Hardcore Mutations", "Hardcore Strikes Back", "Hardcore Horror Show" etc

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/11/25 :  17:32:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
^^^ Hardcore Heaven being distributed by Resist.

Not the point. There are tons of companies that put out compilations. They'll move to another.

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2007/11/25 :  18:25:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
Just like when React went tits up in 2004 , it was all the same remarks... Oh , is this the end of Bonkers etc etc

There will be something that takes it's place. Resist isn't the be all and end all. It's shit no doubt about it , but something will happen. (and no , not the death of the scene) lol

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2007/11/25 :  23:55:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Short term it's seriously f**ed up a lot of mid tier producers.

Factor in that Bonkers/HH were pretty much the only "open" mainstream UK Hardcore albums left...... and it's pretty worrying.

The rich get richer....... the poor get stamped on until they run away or stop moving.

CDJay

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  02:27:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Short term it's seriously f**ed up a lot of mid tier producers.

Factor in that Bonkers/HH were pretty much the only "open" mainstream UK Hardcore albums left...... and it's pretty worrying.

The rich get richer....... the poor get stamped on until they run away or stop moving.

CDJay

Now's your chance to seize power, Jon! Roll on HU3! :D

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  10:54:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
this is a sad day for Hardcore..

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

Dj Satsky
Average Member

Australia
221 posts
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  10:56:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Satsky's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore will still go on even if Resist has decided to go bust.

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  11:10:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
i specifcally meant bonkers, its my tie to hardcore & my fav compilation of all time!

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  12:00:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I got into hardcore throu happy2bhardcore, so I wouldnt bother if bonkers went down ;P...

generally, it was only Sharkey who played music from lesser known artists

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Im_British

United Kingdom
39 posts
Im_British has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  12:24:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Im_British's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SixFeet:
When was the last time on a Bonkers album you saw Scott Brown with less than 75% Scott Brown material?

Bonkers 17.

Then Resist went bust.

Therefore, Scott Brown should have done 100% Evolution and everything would have been OK.
(Obvious sarcasm, but I do love Evo though :D )

Dj Satsky
Average Member

Australia
221 posts
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  14:51:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Satsky's homepage  Reply with quote
They'll prob come up with another name to replace Resist.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  15:00:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyRitalin:
Bonkers cd's will still get made, and they still won't be available in the states through stateside distro.

Wanna know why alot of us in the states don't care? Because it's not available to us anyway.

It's easier to order online anyway either way, so no loss :P

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  15:12:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
I got into hardcore throu happy2bhardcore, so I wouldnt bother if bonkers went down ;P...

generally, it was only Sharkey who played music from lesser known artists

h2bh was complete trash

...anyways, back on topic

This is definately not good for hardcore but we still haven't had confirmation that this is true.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  15:59:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Im_British:
quote:
When was the last time on a Bonkers album you saw Scott Brown with less than 75% Scott Brown material?

Bonkers 17.

Then Resist went bust.

Therefore, Scott Brown should have done 100% Evolution and everything would have been OK.
(Obvious sarcasm, but I do love Evo though :D )

Just went and checked the tracklist at play.com to see it as I hadn't seen it before. That looks like a great tracklist!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/11/26 :  16:03:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
No real income for produces on the black crack, or on the digital, and the smaller peeps will be locked out of albums! what do we do?

It's always been that way. Hardcore is a niche within a small genre of music to start with. The possibility of making any proper money is abismally small. So when people get the chance to mix a CD on a major compilation they're just going to showcase as much of there own songs and labels songs as possible for advertising. Coupled with the fact that they'll stick to the same formula of making the music as to not run the risk of having a record that won't make them money you end up hearing very similar songs every album over and over.

Majority of the new interest in the music is from 15-16 year old chavs and they're surely not going to be buying the albums. I doubt many old hardcore fans are going to then be willing to shell out £15 for an album of repetitive stuff so sales are dropping.

Because of the very small profit margin in the music and peoples greed anything that doesn't fit the mold set will never get any advertisement or major play time on any commericial album ever. When was the last time on a Bonkers album you saw Hixxy wityh less than 75% Raverbaby material, or Scott Brown with less than 75% Scott Brown material?

The way hardcore is produced and advertised by the big name DJ's is very short sighted with the focus being on making as much money for themselves and **** the rest before it drops off the face of the earth again. Of course not all, just most.

So smaller producers are left to there own accord. Not being brought through, just left in obscurity to fend for themselves and try and muster up a little money through word-of-mouth advertising.

Couldn't have said it better, and i'm glady you said it because it's exactly what i would want to say!
Anyway, it's a sad story.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page