of 16

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  22:22:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Tracklist looks shit.

CD1 looks the pick of the bunch.

CD2 might be OK in places.

CD3 is a ****ing joke.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Physx

United Kingdom
47 posts
Physx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  22:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Physx's homepage  Reply with quote
oh dear :(

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  22:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
i'll say the same as i did on HP

I'll still buy this, BUT i'll be p*ssed off if the cd's are the same length as htid.3

50 minutes for a CD is taking the mick.... no really!

Citrick
Average Member

Ireland
234 posts
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  22:42:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Citrick's homepage  Reply with quote
CD 1 - Very interesting. I bet the Scooter remixes will be epic!

CD 2 - Seriously? What the fudge?
quote:

2. Styles & Breeze - Amigos

CXH 5?
quote:

7. Robyn - With Every Heartbeat

I HATE HATE HAAATE that song

Other than those to songs it's not awful.

CD 3 - Meh tis grand like

Also I must say a while back on one of the many Bonkers 18 threads, once it was announced Hixxys doing a recents tracks or whatever mix, someone (I cant remeber who) called that "R u ready" would be on it so...

Good call!

*Virtual high-five*

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  23:10:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Yateszi:
Hixxy's CD is just old tracks, I have heard every single one!!

This was a complete suprise to me, when they first introduced the "old tunes mix", it was an extra CD. Now when you look at it, it doesnt look like a conpilation that has all the newest unreleased tunes from the biggest labels, it just looks shite.

As far as Sharkeys mix goes, i'm not a big fan of FreeForm, so wasnt too excited about it. But forcing the DJ's to incorporate their (AATW) tunes in there is abig 'no no' in my opinion, doesnt matter if its "just few songs", its wrong.

Why is the assumption he was forced? We should be pleased that a guy like Sharkey is pairing underground talent with big names like Scooter and the typical AATW fare, and we should also be ****ing PSYCHED that he is CD1. I think you guys are a little to convinced AATW is a maniacal conspiracy (not specifically speaking to you Whispering) and fail to realize that one can make money and be successful without selling out. More power to you, Sharkey.

mjtibbs

United Kingdom
67 posts
Posted - 2009/04/22 :  23:12:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mjtibbs's homepage  Reply with quote
From Scott Brown himself over at www.evolutionrecords.co.uk forum:

quote:

QUOTE(Sithoag @ Apr 20 2009, 04:38 AM) *

I thought Hixxy said the new Bonkers was just going to be Him, Sharkey, and Unknown, and that Scott said he's never doin' another Bonkers again.

quote:

Rubbish, I don't believe anything like that was ever said.

I know nothing about Bonkers other than I was SUPPOSED to do it but looks like it's been ripped out of my grasp.

Check news section for forthcoming releases.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  00:42:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Out of all the tracks released from 2000+, Hixxy picks the same ones that have popped up on EVERY "Classics" album!

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  00:47:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DeezeNuts

United States
60 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  00:51:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DeezeNuts's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjtibbs:

quote:

I thought Hixxy said the new Bonkers was just going to be Him, Sharkey, and Unknown, and that Scott said he's never doin' another Bonkers again.

quote:

I know nothing about Bonkers other than I was SUPPOSED to do it but looks like it's been ripped out of my grasp.

Oh my ****ing god, lol.

As for this CD, hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and listen to the fans and act accordingly
To be fair hixxy did say he was making a 2000+ set and these songs were expected although In a 9 year timeframe I wish he could've used some other songs
Unknown's mix is literally unknown , to me atleast. I have to wait and hear it for myself.

I am literally DYING to hear the S3RL - Dealer VIP mix; I have been listening to the original since HU3 released.
It is that ****ING good

deado
Starting Member

Australia
18 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  01:36:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yeh wtf with the Hixxy mix.... seems like incomplete info... it will be stupid if the tracks are exactly the same as the tracks on earlier Bonkers and other albums, might as well not even do a new mix if that's the case.

We've already had a "Best of Bonkers" damnit...

Other CDs look ok, and as for the Scooter remixes, they will either be epic or meh, I think they'll be fine though, Weaver knows what he's doing, always pleased with his tracks ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  04:00:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DeezeNuts:
quote:
Originally posted by mjtibbs:

quote:

quote:

Oh my ****ing god, lol.

As for this CD, hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and listen to the fans and act accordingly

I am literally DYING to hear the S3RL - Dealer VIP mix; I have been listening to the original since HU3 released.
It is that ****ING good

I have a feeling that if AATW is dissatisfied with the results of this album, sales or otherwise, they will probably play the safe side and turn it into some sort of clone CXH. but we won't know until a few days/weeks/months after this is released.

and i normally like S3RL, but dealer isn't 1 of my favorite tracks from him. hope this VIP mix will do better justice 2 this track imo

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  06:14:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
Why is the assumption he was forced? We should be pleased that a guy like Sharkey is pairing underground talent with big names like Scooter and the typical AATW fare, and we should also be ****ing PSYCHED that he is CD1. I think you guys are a little to convinced AATW is a maniacal conspiracy (not specifically speaking to you Whispering) and fail to realize that one can make money and be successful without selling out. More power to you, Sharkey.

Sharkey makes no intrest towards any Scooter like music, suddenly he mixes an AATW album an bam, 3 house artist tunes from AATW. I dont dislike Scooter, i actually have few of their CD's. But i seriously doubt it would have ended in Sharkeys mix, were he not forced to do so.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  07:08:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:

Sharkey makes no intrest towards any Scooter like music, suddenly he mixes an AATW album an bam, 3 house artist tunes from AATW. I dont dislike Scooter, i actually have few of their CD's. But i seriously doubt it would have ended in Sharkeys mix, were he not forced to do so.

contract agreetreements terms and conditions. a small consolation to include sharkey presumably for the £

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

silver
Admin

Japan
12,550 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  07:20:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Read my exclusive artists news post... Sharkey is EXCLUSIVELY signed to AATW, so they want to pimp Sharkey...

Sharkey new singles (for his album) from AATW will be in a Scooter style I've also heard, but like everything shit changes so we'll have to see...

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  08:19:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I think i'm going to cry!

Not because i'm so against what AATW are doing in general (I have LOADS of commercial dance tunes and have always been a fan of the cheese), but because the direction they feel they need to go in to make this CD a success.

And it's not just because i'm mad at the use of the Bonkers name - there have been bad Bonkers albums just like in any other long running series.

Not especially the content either - a lot of the remixes potentially sound laughable but i'll reserve judgement on the tunes because i've always been more interested in the end result than the source material when it comes to remixing 'unlikely' tracks.

So what is it that's bothering me?

It's only a couple of weeks since HU3, a real labour of love put together at great risk and with genuine intentions. The parallels are few, the differences obvious

2 sides of a coin if ever i've seen it!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page