Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  08:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i wish the DJ's on the album could say somthing out loud about this...so they could defend themselves against the massive onslaught they are getting on both sides of the hardcore internet..

im guessing they are under contract to keep lips sealed and what not.
was interesting what scott brown said over on the evo forums, sounds like he got side stepped because he isnt an aatw artist...

i still stand my ground, im looking forward to the sharkey mix, im hoping to be plesently surpised with freeform goodness (i havent heard these tracks yet, but aparently when sharkey played that scooter remix at freeformation, people we're going absolutly nuts and dancing their heads off/getting on things to dance!! :) cd 2 isnt going to interest me, as its going to be just a clubland esq style, and like i said

i dont mind cd3 in the slightest, in fact, i think its a good thing, this cd is going to reach a stupid amount of people that have never listened to hardcore before - and i would prefer those people to hear a few older "classics" than a load of clonecore rubbish that is on cd2...

in my mind cd3 wasnt designed for me - but i feel its more of a clever tactic to get some of the older stuff heard by a new generation...without throwing them in at the EVEN deeper end of doing a real old skool happy mix, like some of the other albums do

either way, despite they have mixed this album up alot and it would appear that the variety of older bonkers has gone out the window - im still looking forward to hearing this album - in a way it feels like its gone back to a more fun style Bonkers 1 - just new skool

not long left till the release - i have a wedding to survive first though haha

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  09:28:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Bonkers in name only then really. I won't be buying this out of principle.

Coz that's the way to keep the scene alive.

You aint heard anything yet and you've already judged it.

Some people are wanks.

As you've just demonstrated. The music on it isn't really the issue, it's the fact that they had the opportunity to carry on the tradition of Bonkers and did the complete opposite, they're relaunching it, which only goes to show that it's only the name they care about. I mean I can't blame them, from a business standpoint it makes sense and that's what they are, but that doesn't mean I'm going to endorse it, and I won't.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  09:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Bonkers in name only then really. I won't be buying this out of principle.

Coz that's the way to keep the scene alive.

You aint heard anything yet and you've already judged it.

Some people are wanks.

As you've just demonstrated. The music on it isn't really the issue, it's the fact that they had the opportunity to carry on the tradition of Bonkers and did the complete opposite, they're relaunching it, which only goes to show that it's only the name they care about. I mean I can't blame them, from a business standpoint it makes sense and that's what they are, but that doesn't mean I'm going to endorse it, and I won't.

I agree. If 'keeping the scene alive' involves releasing utter rubbish like that (have you seen some of the tracks?) then i'd rather it died. In a commercial sense at least, as only the commercial side that can really die anyway. Most of the people who post here now only turned up on the scene when it got commercial anyway, and don't actually like any of the 'real' Hardcore, just this sped up pop Trance rubbish that really has nothing to do with proper Hardcore. It's a completely difference scene.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2009/04/23 09:53:22
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  10:12:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
:O hardcore is the living dead!

"brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinsssssssss"

hmm cancel that...

"moneeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  10:15:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote

Only place this deserve's to be is in the >>

What a diabolical choice of tracks
I think they have well and truly killed of Bonkers thanks, not!
And when did it become a TV album?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  10:41:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
lol, well all the others have had tv adverts since Bonkers 9

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  10:46:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:

anno but it's the way they worded it>.This TV album will take that brand to the next level
as if.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  11:12:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Bonkers – the newly acquired hardcore brand by AATW and UMTV is a hardcore institution – previously reaching it’s 17th album before this new TV advertised album which is set to take the charts

Hardcore is flying – this is seen by the recent success of Scooter, Darren Styles and Ultrabeat not forgetting the other hardcore compilation albums currently on the scene including Hardcore Til I Die & Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 4. We have seen tremendous success in the Hardcore scene and Bonkers will replicate this. The track listing will feature acts such as Scooter, Styles & Breeze, Dougal & Gammer, Flip & Fill, Darren Styles, Hixxy and LMC.

The difference between this and other Hardcore albums is that this is Bonkers! Bonkers is a widely recognised brand with a huge loyal following and this TV album will take that brand to the next level. The new Bonkers album will be the first of its kind establishing on TV the Bonkers brand and setting up the series for more instalments.

The album features the old identity of the Bonkers brand – retaining the original (but now super-rendered) logo and the original DJs as they are the biggest names in the Hardccore scene today – Hixxy, Sharkey and Unknown but incorporates new elements with the bright sleeve and brand new track listing featuring the biggest names around.

The album will be supported by a heavy TV marketing campaign, support across all the terrestrial channels and Sky – will also be running a Bauer promotion featuring the album on channels such as 4music & Smash Hits – we will also have the full support of Clubland TV- week one spend will be 60K+. We will also be running massive online campaigns across all the UMG, AATW & Clubland sites – also specifically targeting sites such as Hardcore Til I Die and Don’t Stay In.

I've not read this until now but what the **** is this bollocks? They really do believe in their own ********.

"this TV album will take that brand to the next level" - only one place this album is going to take the brand to and that's to the £5.99 bargain bin in ASDA.

"The new Bonkers album will be the first of its kind establishing on TV the Bonkers brand and setting up the series for more instalments" - Oh dear god no.

"the original DJs as they are the biggest names in the Hardccore scene today – Hixxy, Sharkey and Unknown" - AATW Discogs is your friend - Unknown on previous Bonkers?

"brand new track listing" -

Bonkers advertised on Smash Hits TV - the scene has finally found a savior...

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  12:46:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

silver has a bonkers 1 advert on his youtube channel.

shame sharkey and hixxy didnt try and pitch to AATW how bonkers should be. appears they didnt take risks and instead just settled for the contract rather than pushing their ideas across.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Kosmic
Average Member

United Kingdom
214 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  12:50:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kosmic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Also I must say a while back on one of the many Bonkers 18 threads, once it was announced Hixxys doing a recents tracks or whatever mix, someone (I cant remeber who) called that "R u ready" would be on it so...

Good call!

*Virtual high-five*

That was me :D

New Bonkers looks rather yawn, still be getting it though

http://www.mixcloud.com/Kosmic/

Edited by - Kosmic on 2009/04/23 12:53:05
HARRIBO
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
591 posts
HARRIBO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  14:21:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HARRIBO's homepage  Reply with quote
im sorry but could hixxy please **** off vacate the place now. i like hixxy for his past endeavours but nowadays its getting beyond a joke. either try something different or quietly do one!!

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  14:43:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Depending on the price, I will wait until I hear the samples before I buy. I really like the Scooter track, "Possie I need You On The Floor", so I think it would sound good with a Hardcore twist to it. The Unknown mix looks quite good, but if the price is too high for 2 cds, then I most likely wont be picking this one up sadly :( .

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  14:53:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
quote:

silver has a bonkers 1 advert on his youtube channel.

Japanese version, I worked with the company to bring a local release out here.

Niko22
Starting Member

Norway
17 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  15:29:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Niko22's homepage  Reply with quote
*I wish this was just one big joke, and that Resist releases Bonkers 18 and that it blow our minds*

pault272004
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2009/04/23 :  17:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pault272004's homepage  Reply with quote
Wot the f**k is happerning to Hardcore.
Or shall i say were has hardcore gone!
I wunder if scott brown would of liked to have put his name on this!lol
AATW are turning hardcore into something it should'nt be
in my opinion this aint bonkers it is just clubland in descise!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page