Total online 1591
 Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CLSM taking a step back from hardcore?...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  00:20:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
A sad indictment of how little things have changed really, and how by and large, people choose not to bother seeking out good music. Jon Doe's contribution to Hardcore has been immeasureable, and I'm very sad that we weren't able to do more to support someone who, simply put, deserves SO much better than this. Just listen to 'Wastelands (CLSM Remix)' as soon as you've read this post, then go and listen to 'Takes You Higher', then 'Pressure Rush' and so on. Try to comprehend just how much of a loss this is to Hardcore. It actually makes me want to cry.

There's a staggering lack of support shown for people like Jon Doe. He managed to be innovative with almost every Hardcore record he wrote, he managed to push boundaries, to be interesting, to release music that made people like me wish they had more balls EVERYTIME they went into the studio. Thats what puzzles me. Listen to the music, that's what its about! Not what your mates say you should be listening to, or whats easiest to download from <insert one of 10 billion filesharing sites>. If you're into Hardcore, how can you not be into CLSM too? Why would you not want to hear that music live or support that act?

I hope CLSM isn't a name consigned to Hardcore's past, whilst we're still here we will do what we can to support in the future. But HU isn't enough, not nearly enough. When people like JD can no longer emotionally (nevermind financially) justify making Hardcore, you know something is seriously seriously wrong. It just has to change, before we all drown in a sea of fileshared 'Set You Free' bootlegs made on a Fruity Loops crack.

"DJ Rankin' in the mix mother****er, cos there's nobody else left"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ Fracus on 2009/08/07 00:28:51
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  01:48:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
"Most" peoples almost absolute refusal to seek out new artists and different music is an absolute crime to "Most" of the people who make it, maybe other sub genres of electronic music have people who are more willing to seek out the different and the innovative.

This isn't just Hardcore's problem however, its the same reason why 99% of people (86% of statistics are made up on the spot) are fine and dandy listening to generic radio stations, to a playlist created by businessmen, not by artists and music lovers.

The general public and "Most" people are thoughtless sheep who are almost too scared to seek out something else for fear of it wasting their time, or another stupid excuse.

Massive shame that CLSM will be taking a step back from hardcore, im sure he loves everything he produces, but its so hard to pour time and effort into music when you get no response back, it is a feedback driven thing.

In the words of a great modern poet... "DOH!"

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Edited by - Oli G on 2009/08/07 01:49:35
xMx

United States
94 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  01:58:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit xMx's homepage  Reply with quote
"Has anybody seen, the staaaate we're in... can anyone believe.. the liiiiies between, has anybody seen, the staaaate we're in, as we all lose our way in the waaastelaaaand."

We should have all just heeded the Chavbots warning to keep away from those CD packs. : |

lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  02:05:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
a sad sad day.

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  02:06:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore should be the....no IT IS....the best electronic genre out there.

Djs shouldnt be ditching it....Djs Should be joining it.

I think if all Djs were to play Hardcore, they would be more famous.

just my opinion

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  03:46:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

just my opinion

erm...
so you think tiesto would be more famous making hc rather then his cheap trance?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  05:13:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
im still waiting for no barriers to be released :O

anyway this happened a few years ago, they said no more PA.

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2009/08/07 05:13:51
Warp-9

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  05:54:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warp-9's homepage  Reply with quote
going back to Scott Brown, i just think the simple reason he aint releasing anything on his label at the moment is that he aint on any compilations whether it be his own CD on a compilation or his material on other djs cds (which for the latter hardly ever happens these days) and thats the best way that he can get the most people to hear his new material. now i reckon until this happens he wont be releasing anything anytime soon so simple get the man on a compilation!

*waits patiently*

the only news i have heard recently regarding listening to any new releases from him is that hes on the list to be one of the guest djs on brisk & fracus's next gen podcast

Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  07:49:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage  Reply with quote
****! Hardcore is falling apart in front of my eyes.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  09:18:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:

Never heard the chavbots song, but the USHers have been sayign this for years now :P

TBH, I dont know where JD/CLSM wanted to get with Hardscape. So the most natural evolution of Hardcore, is to get back to the more slower Hard Dance music? Well I guess it's quite obvious. From being fast and adrealine pumping happy hardcore, to the more trancier uk hardcore... but then the others went electro, no wonder clsm got pissed off :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2009/08/07 09:18:54
ABET
Average Member

United Kingdom
233 posts
ABET has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  09:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ABET's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

just my opinion

Thats possible the most redundant thing I have ever heard and shows a complete lack of understanding for why there is a problem in the first place.

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  11:14:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
To say this is a shame is a major understatement.

As already mentioned, production-wise he cannot be accused of being lazy or formulaic. I’ve seen him work a number of times and the things he does are amazing – he is always trying something new and coming up with new techniques for doing stuff and so on. The tunes aren’t too shabby either - I still regard “Roof on fire” as the best tune I’ve ever heard.

It’s not just about his productions. It’s also about the “hidden packages”, Ned’s birthday party being held in a cave at the top of a big hill at night (complete with glowstick goats), the Ned-Chi in the “Chill Tunnel” and the whistle-stop tours (PA’s at the side of a busy dual carriageway, on a school playing field and so on). Who else in hardcore has gone out of their way to do stuff like this?

Oh, and then there’s the small matter of getting hardcore onto Radio 1, but not that that’s important.........

*edit* - And then there's Underground TV.

I know I’ve waffled on a bit, but this is shit. He’s done so much for hardcore and has helped me out no-end over the last few years, so to hear this news is just.... meh. Fracus hit the nail on the head – his contribution has been immeasurable and really deserves so much better than this.

As it says in the email, there may still be gigs and CLSM stuff occurring in the future – and it would be great if, somehow, everything sorts itself out and CLSM return full-time before too long.

Edited by - Entity on 2009/08/07 16:09:36
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  11:26:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:

You've only just noticed?

blatentbeat
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
blatentbeat has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  11:45:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit blatentbeat's homepage  Reply with quote
a huge shame..but im sure when the scene becomes 'cool' again they will be back

DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  11:55:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah cos Jon Doe was always about photoshoots and clothing sponsorship - never music (!)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page