Total online 2166
 Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CLSM taking a step back from hardcore?...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  12:25:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oli G:
"Most" peoples almost absolute refusal to seek out new artists and different music is an absolute crime to "Most" of the people who make it, maybe other sub genres of electronic music have people who are more willing to seek out the different and the innovative.

This isn't just Hardcore's problem however, its the same reason why 99% of people (86% of statistics are made up on the spot) are fine and dandy listening to generic radio stations, to a playlist created by businessmen, not by artists and music lovers.

The general public and "Most" people are thoughtless sheep who are almost too scared to seek out something else for fear of it wasting their time, or another stupid excuse.

Massive shame that CLSM will be taking a step back from hardcore, im sure he loves everything he produces, but its so hard to pour time and effort into music when you get no response back, it is a feedback driven thing.

In the words of a great modern poet... "DOH!"

My views exactly!

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Jimouk
Banned

United Kingdom
317 posts
Jimouk has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  12:38:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jimouk's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
Hardcore should be the....no IT IS....the best electronic genre out there.

Djs shouldnt be ditching it....Djs Should be joining it.

I think if all Djs were to play Hardcore, they would be more famous.

just my opinion

erm...
so you think tiesto would be more famous making hc rather then his cheap trance?

Trance isn't cheap by all means. And Tiesto doesn't make Trance, he hasn't done for years.

This is indeed quite sad news, but I'm sure things will pick up again in the future. I hate being so pessimistic about these sorts of things, yes CLSM is awesome I will agree but if he wants to move on thats fine. I still enjoy Hardcore as to thousands of other people. And "stepping back" isn't codeword for never touching the genre again, so the sky isn't falling just yet don't worry.

Edited by - Jimouk on 2009/08/07 12:57:12
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  13:07:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by blatentbeat:
a huge shame..but im sure when the scene becomes 'cool' again they will be back

1st - As Fracus said has already pointed out, Jon Doe has never been a cover boy, in it for mopney and photoshoots of him looking off into the middle distance. Fracus was being sarcastic btw. I feel it's important to point that out as, given your reply, you're obviously not capable of working it out for yourself.

2nd - Hardcore is more popular and in the mainstream than it has ever been. It is "cool", depending on your idea of cool obviously. I personally think it's shit but it's at it's highest peak at the minute so if anybody is to latch on and jump on the band-wagon they would be doing so1 now, not leaving.

3rd - Welcome to the forum!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/08/07 13:09:38
DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2009/08/07 :  15:43:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
But never rule out a return to the scene.

DJ SCOTT DEVOTION

United Kingdom
390 posts
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  14:07:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SCOTT DEVOTION's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:
A sad indictment of how little things have changed really, and how by and large, people choose not to bother seeking out good music. Jon Doe's contribution to Hardcore has been immeasureable, and I'm very sad that we weren't able to do more to support someone who, simply put, deserves SO much better than this. Just listen to 'Wastelands (CLSM Remix)' as soon as you've read this post, then go and listen to 'Takes You Higher', then 'Pressure Rush' and so on. Try to comprehend just how much of a loss this is to Hardcore. It actually makes me want to cry.

There's a staggering lack of support shown for people like Jon Doe. He managed to be innovative with almost every Hardcore record he wrote, he managed to push boundaries, to be interesting, to release music that made people like me wish they had more balls EVERYTIME they went into the studio. Thats what puzzles me. Listen to the music, that's what its about! Not what your mates say you should be listening to, or whats easiest to download from <insert one of 10 billion filesharing sites>. If you're into Hardcore, how can you not be into CLSM too? Why would you not want to hear that music live or support that act?

I hope CLSM isn't a name consigned to Hardcore's past, whilst we're still here we will do what we can to support in the future. But HU isn't enough, not nearly enough. When people like JD can no longer emotionally (nevermind financially) justify making Hardcore, you know something is seriously seriously wrong. It just has to change, before we all drown in a sea of fileshared 'Set You Free' bootlegs made on a Fruity Loops crack.

"DJ Rankin' in the mix mother****er, cos there's nobody else left"

Could not be more spot on!!!!

It's soul destroying watching people leave this scene that are forward thinking and hold PASSION for the music. It seems like a trend now. To me Hardcore has been raped of it's roots and meaning, but we all hold our thoughts on it all.

I hope things dont keep going like this and people feel they need to go off, it's odd that you dont see CLSM at events playing more, (imo) and other talent also get know feature. But then, other acts are playing out all over and you think WHY? Back to front scene!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  14:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jester MC:
quote:
dont blame him really a he isnt into clubland like most of us.. the next person will be scott brown.. he isnt really producing much anyway so he's as good as left

oh god dont say that! *Knocks on wood. Scotty LOVES hardcore (not to mention gabber) and he's been doin it a long while....i dunno how well Livewired sold, and yes he's been noticably absent from productions...but if Scotty leaves, its a sign we are well and truly ****ed, if not already

I can't see Scott Brown leaving the scene. Yeah, hes been quiet but he's gotta hav a few ideas up his sleeve. Scott Brown is Hardcore till he dies but I can see where your coming from. If he does leave it'll just go to show the people that push the boundaries of hardcore aren't getting the rewards & respect they deserve

VERY VERY sad to hear CLSM are taking a step back. wtf is goin on here? All the real players in Hardcore are givin up the game!

"but I am sure you will understand, hardcore is a terrible place to work in and not very enjoyable"

Who are the people this is aimed @? Who are the people that are single-handedly pulling our scene apart just for an extra buck? This is seriously guttin news!

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  15:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SCOTT DEVOTION:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:
A sad indictment of how little things have changed really, and how by and large, people choose not to bother seeking out good music. Jon Doe's contribution to Hardcore has been immeasureable, and I'm very sad that we weren't able to do more to support someone who, simply put, deserves SO much better than this. Just listen to 'Wastelands (CLSM Remix)' as soon as you've read this post, then go and listen to 'Takes You Higher', then 'Pressure Rush' and so on. Try to comprehend just how much of a loss this is to Hardcore. It actually makes me want to cry.

There's a staggering lack of support shown for people like Jon Doe. He managed to be innovative with almost every Hardcore record he wrote, he managed to push boundaries, to be interesting, to release music that made people like me wish they had more balls EVERYTIME they went into the studio. Thats what puzzles me. Listen to the music, that's what its about! Not what your mates say you should be listening to, or whats easiest to download from <insert one of 10 billion filesharing sites>. If you're into Hardcore, how can you not be into CLSM too? Why would you not want to hear that music live or support that act?

I hope CLSM isn't a name consigned to Hardcore's past, whilst we're still here we will do what we can to support in the future. But HU isn't enough, not nearly enough. When people like JD can no longer emotionally (nevermind financially) justify making Hardcore, you know something is seriously seriously wrong. It just has to change, before we all drown in a sea of fileshared 'Set You Free' bootlegs made on a Fruity Loops crack.

"DJ Rankin' in the mix mother****er, cos there's nobody else left"

Could not be more spot on!!!!

It's soul destroying watching people leave this scene that are forward thinking and hold PASSION for the music. It seems like a trend now. To me Hardcore has been raped of it's roots and meaning, but we all hold our thoughts on it all.

I hope things dont keep going like this and people feel they need to go off, it's odd that you dont see CLSM at events playing more, (imo) and other talent also get know feature. But then, other acts are playing out all over and you think WHY? Back to front scene!

Both very true comments... CLSM contributed allot of new styles and great songs that weren't heard enough and weren't played enough... CLSM deserves the appearences on major albums, and deserves more attention toward his label...

It hurts when you never know whats gone, til its gone...

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

treetherealest
Average Member

United States
151 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  17:54:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit treetherealest's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree with most things said, but I will try to give another view on this situation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most of these producers make their music from their own personal studios? In that case, it really wouldn't take much money to produce tracks. Just time. I know it would be nice to make a living off of music, but I would like to think some of these hardcore producers just purely enjoy making the music and don't care what happens as long as they don't LOSE money. I personally like having actual CDs and I know it costs money to press them, but if they press the bare minimum I'm sure it would still be rather easy to get rid of those copies and make some profit. I think a problem might be getting too involved with labels and hoping for the next big club hit. ::shrug::

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  19:34:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ABET:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
Hardcore should be the....no IT IS....the best electronic genre out there.

Djs shouldnt be ditching it....Djs Should be joining it.

I think if all Djs were to play Hardcore, they would be more famous.

just my opinion

Thats possible the most redundant thing I have ever heard and shows a complete lack of understanding for why there is a problem in the first place.

Edited by - acidfluxxbass on 2009/08/08 19:43:05
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  20:05:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by treetherealest:
I agree with most things said, but I will try to give another view on this situation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most of these producers make their music from their own personal studios? In that case, it really wouldn't take much money to produce tracks. Just time. I know it would be nice to make a living off of music, but I would like to think some of these hardcore producers just purely enjoy making the music and don't care what happens as long as they don't LOSE money. I personally like having actual CDs and I know it costs money to press them, but if they press the bare minimum I'm sure it would still be rather easy to get rid of those copies and make some profit. I think a problem might be getting too involved with labels and hoping for the next big club hit. ::shrug::

Could you please slap yourself in the face? Only you're all the way in America and i don't have the money to be spending on a flight there and back so i can do it myself. Thank you in advance.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  20:54:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by treetherealest:

misguided view of the economics within hardcore...

maybe now we can quit the bitching and re-evaluate why people are leaving?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  23:15:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
if you cant be bothered to read the proceeding rant, summed up basically it reads

im pretty depressed about this, because they bought klf inspired lunacy and originality to what apparently is a very unappreciative scene who just didnt care - and that really makes me confused as to just where to look for that, because what other scene have CLSM.

<pastes rant from other thread>
this is a mixed up rant, but i have alot on my mind this evening, so if it doenst make sense, tough.
im annoyed - because in my opinion its a catch 22 situation, they had quirky fun klf style inspired ideas for a scene that has been, or has turned unappreciative and clearly been bloated out with chavs and skinheads who will label any throwaway trash "a bangin track"
who couldnt apperciate the lunacy of Ned-Chi or the meetups/Chill Tunnel and of course it doesnt stop there.. NedEx, Hardscape (would love to know why a hardscape clsm show was declined on di.fm/happyhardcore.com radio as im sure that didnt help matters), Ned's home movies..
whilst having to contend with massive companys throwing out whatever "safe" music they can get their money greased hands on, music that has taken a dive, from producers taking short cuts and producing songs that a pieced together from presets and samples and throwing out tunes that have no real love in them whatsoever. i dont want to make this about companys though - beause i feel its not as much about them as the people the scene is attracting now.

Chill Tunnel, Church of Ned, NedEx and all it entailed, Ned, CLSM, Bathford, Quirky Humour, MCing to Sheep, giving out vinyl, exploring Ned's world...friends.
see this is what the scene should be..
this is how its supposed to be

where the hell is the cult of CLSM - thats where it should be right now
people should be donning Ned-style masks and marching to the highest point of the moors just for the sake of it - Rites of Mu style.

ive had a shitty holiday, and ive eaten too much which isnt helping matters.
its grim up north.

*edit*
i want to start an uprising now.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/08/09 01:18:15
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/08 :  23:41:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
Dammit Rowan i was just about to go to sleep when i read your rant. I agree with it 100%. Especially the bit about the Hardscape show being declined on di.fm/happyhardcore.com radio, seriously what the ****?

Agreed the companies and producers aren't entirely at fault, as i said in the other thread. It's us.

Uprisings may just be in order, i'll get my dreadlocks and we'll do this thing!

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:06:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
Darn it Meathead... I had typed up a long reply, and then you basically just summed it up there in three sentences!

But yes, Triquatra summed it up quite well.

From an MSN conversation:
"(6:01:11 PM) Chris: Most hardcore 'listeners' these days are just flat-out brainless chavs, born and raised to be social-welfare leeches. And guess what: they don't give a flying flip about the quality of any electronica music. Do a half-assed remix of Set You Free in your pirated copy of Acid Pro, post it on a popular hardcore forum/Youtube, and all you'll get is "Put that on a white label 12" and send it to the clubs!""

And yet it's a wonder how most hardcore music has manifested itself into shit over the past years.

This also means "People read."

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/08/09 00:10:26
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:30:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
Darn it Meathead... I had typed up a long reply, and then you basically just summed it up there in three sentences!

But yes, Triquatra summed it up quite well.

From an MSN conversation:
"(6:01:11 PM) Chris: Most hardcore 'listeners' these days are just flat-out brainless chavs, born and raised to be social-welfare leeches. And guess what: they don't give a flying flip about the quality of any electronica music. Do a half-assed remix of Set You Free in your pirated copy of Acid Pro, post it on a popular hardcore forum/Youtube, and all you'll get is "Put that on a white label 12" and send it to the clubs!""

And yet it's a wonder how most hardcore music has manifested itself into shit over the past years.

thats another good point.

very little was really keeping it alive apart from the masses of chavs who dont really understand it. thats the difference between AATW and, say rebuilt records... chavs...

Edited by - acidfluxxbass on 2009/08/09 00:33:51

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page