Total online 1846
 Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CLSM taking a step back from hardcore?...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Leroy
Starting Member

Australia
3 posts
Posted - 2009/08/24 :  04:08:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leroy's homepage  Reply with quote
Agreed to a small extent.... But as someone that is involved in independent music creation, you surely must understand just HOW MUCH time and effort must be spent making a decent track. Try looking at it like this:

Since I got into hardcore, CLSM has had at least 1 track on each bonkers compilation since X. That averages roughly at about 1 or 2 tracks every 6 months. That doesn't seem a lot at first.... but how many tracks did he(they) have to produce before the DJ mixing the album actually selected one of those tracks? For every track that makes an album there has to be at least 10 that don't.

Now assuming, as you say, he does it for the love of it and has a 9-5 job that pays the bills for him. That doesn't leave an awful lot of time to be writing and polishing music... Maybe he might get 1 track finished off every 2 - 4 weeks....
... and this is the problem: what if he does not have enough tracks that DJs want to spin? What if he is now only gonna get 1 track out to the public every 1-2 years?

All those late nights and weekends holed away in his room just for 1 track to have an insignificant impact on the occasional compilation album? It is simply not worth spending that amount of time to make music that no-one will ever hear... and even more demoralising when the crap we hear today is being chosen for albums over labours of love like that from CLSM.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/24 :  11:41:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leroy:
... and this is the problem: what if he does not have enough tracks that DJs want to spin? What if he is now only gonna get 1 track out to the public every 1-2 years?

Do you even know anything about CLSM? Everything he produces is ****ing gold and he releases (did release) a fair few tracks, more than 1 a year.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Leroy
Starting Member

Australia
3 posts
Posted - 2009/08/24 :  13:37:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leroy's homepage  Reply with quote
LOL - I'm not arguing with you on the quality, and of course I don't know how many he gets out (the numbers were for the sake of example)...

...but no artist EVER successfully publishes EVERYTHING they create.

marcand
Starting Member

United States
17 posts
Posted - 2009/08/28 :  17:20:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit marcand's homepage  Reply with quote
This is a shame. I was excited to see them on iTunes this year, and now this. It's too bad, but I will be reloading my iPod with their best stuff in honor of their great work!

Thanks for the music and the memories!

glitzandglowz

Australia
95 posts
glitzandglowz has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/09/04 :  01:43:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit glitzandglowz's homepage  Reply with quote
In protest, I refuse to believe that CLSM is over.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/09/04 :  07:29:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
they arent - as i said in the first post

glitzandglowz

Australia
95 posts
glitzandglowz has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/09/06 :  08:07:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit glitzandglowz's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh good :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/09/17 :  23:33:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
damn i just found about this and it's so sad!

but i'm glad to see that no 1 has had anything negative to say on such a great man and great producer, unless i've overlooked it but still

he will be greatly missed on this end and hope that he does return sooner than later

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page