Page: 
of 32

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  15:46:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
CDJay, Southampton is far!!! will you not be doing anything around West Midlands / Warwickshire area for some kind of screening? Y'know since you guys are from around here as well :)

Is it really? Google Maps says it is around two hours. I just drove four hours from San Antonio to Houston, and it isn't that bad for a one-time or occasional trip.

4 hours? How fucking slow do you drive? There must have been major traffic or an accident somewhere because it's usually 3hrs.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  15:49:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
CDJay, Southampton is far!!! will you not be doing anything around West Midlands / Warwickshire area for some kind of screening? Y'know since you guys are from around here as well :)

We had to select that venue, as every other cinema has laser projection/3d sound on one, maybe two, screens at the most. Given that Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 is out, and it's a bank holiday weekend, we'd never be able to hire one of the main screens.

At the Southampton Showcase Cinema De Lux *every* screen has laser projection/3d sound. . We're screen 3, btw!

There'll be a fair few people going down both for the day, or staying overnight, I reckon you could find a posse to travel with!

_Jay_ you can PM me your addy on here and I'll update the shipping info

There *might* be a Stateside screening in L.A. Couldn't really hold the backer survey up any more than we otherwise had, but shall keep everyone updated!

CDJay

I'll PM you my new addy as well!

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  17:32:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Paid my extras now, super psyched!

Can't make the movies as I am on call that weekend :( but my wife says I can by a 55" Samsung 4k Telly & a PS4 (with the new Wipeout) to make up for it :)

Edited by - GrahamC on 2017/04/16 17:34:12
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  17:34:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
4 hours? How fucking slow do you drive? There must have been major traffic or an accident somewhere because it's usually 3hrs.

I actually started in Boerne and drove all the way to the NASA area, so I had to go all the way across both cities plus a little extra.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  17:48:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

I actually started in Boerne and drove all the way to the NASA area, so I had to go all the way across both cities plus a little extra.

So you lied!!!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  00:19:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
**Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".
UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray combo, contained in limited edition packaging with additional USB containing:
1080p Digital Copy of video content
Stereo audio mixes in .wav format
Stereo music only mixes in .wav format
Exclusive unmixed tracks in .wav format
Gallery, general bonus content fun ;)

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  08:33:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
GrahamC; fair warning, the PS4 (or Pro) doesn't play UHD Blu-ray discs. Absolutely F**ing stupid decision by Sony IMO. I'd wait for the Xbox Scorpio, personally. Or get a second hand Xbox One S for now Samsung 55ks8000 is solid for the money!

"**Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".
UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray combo, contained in limited edition packaging with additional USB containing:

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for? "

Nah, it's the same "deluxe edition" anyone who pledged at ?45 or above will be getting. It's just listed as an add-on in case someone wanted an extra copy for a friend (or posterity). It's not very clear, as various high level backers have asked to tack on the USB. No need!

Great response, heartening stuff.

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  08:42:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks

It has to be a PS4 so I can play Wipeout (been my fav game for years and years now) but I will just tack on a Samsung BD player as well that supports it, they have a small enough footprint and it will be hidden in a cupboard anyway :)

The 55KS8000 is exactly the fella I am after though :)

Edited by - GrahamC on 2017/04/17 08:45:49
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  09:00:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Cheapest Samsung UHD Blu ray player is north of ?200, fair warning

(normal BD players won't handle UHD discs, even if they can upsample standard Blu rays to 4k)

CDJay

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  18:10:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

_Jay_ you can PM me your addy on here and I'll update the shipping info

Done bro! :-)

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2017/04/19 :  19:04:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Awesome news about the UHD combo! We've a 4K screen but I don't honestly think we'll ever buy a UHD player.

I mean it seems a bit odd, technology is surely moving virtual now, we own maybe 7 blu-rays and the only reason for that is because we became stuck for ideas what to get each other for christmas...and the other 5 for ?1 each at a car boot. Literally everything else is streamed over DLNA from the PC upstairs. The blu-rays basically never get put in because cba waiting for all that loading, and trailers blah blah blah.

So I can only imagine that the amount of UHD media we will ever own will be in the region of about 1. XD

Don't get me wrong, I think it's *cool* that we'll have a UHD combo, but in the scheme of things a 4k file on a thumb drive would be more accessible! ;)

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2017/04/19 :  19:50:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah the problem with netflix style/ usb style files is the compression, the netflix 4k stuff to me looks like what blu-ray is! never watched a uhd blu-ray yet!

Edited by - martinj1985 on 2017/04/19 19:51:34
Chwhynny

United Kingdom
371 posts
Chwhynny is verified hardcore artist Chwhynny has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/19 :  21:57:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Chwhynny's homepage  Reply with quote
We wanted a 100gb uhd Blu ray for bitrate, but as it's low light and minimal scene changes uhd66 will do. Had to press 3000 units mind. Not kidding when we say it makes every rave/concert film look like 240p by comparison. The lighting and environment are like a best case showcase for hdr. Accidental win.

For clips and information about my releases visit:

http://www.chwhynny.com

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/19 :  23:03:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Awesome news about the UHD combo! We've a 4K screen but I don't honestly think we'll ever buy a UHD player.

I mean it seems a bit odd, technology is surely moving virtual now, we own maybe 7 blu-rays and the only reason for that is because we became stuck for ideas what to get each other for christmas...and the other 5 for ?1 each at a car boot. Literally everything else is streamed over DLNA from the PC upstairs. The blu-rays basically never get put in because cba waiting for all that loading, and trailers blah blah blah.

So I can only imagine that the amount of UHD media we will ever own will be in the region of about 1. XD

Don't get me wrong, I think it's *cool* that we'll have a UHD combo, but in the scheme of things a 4k file on a thumb drive would be more accessible! ;)

We think ahead; the bulk of the cost is in filming, grading and authoring.

Having the first uhd blu ray in dance music, with a premiere, buys us press and clout. Those same assets work on Youtube and other services down the line. We were shooting high, but initially only in genre comparison. Full credit to Fracus, he spent 10 days assembling and editing! The first few 4k YouTube videos included a K-pop thing that got 25 million hits very quickly thanks to tech press and readers.

This is the best genre showcase we've ever had. I plan to use it. Thanks to y'all ❤

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2017/04/20 09:38:08
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  04:20:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
GrahamC; fair warning, the PS4 (or Pro) doesn't play UHD Blu-ray discs. Absolutely F**ing stupid decision by Sony IMO. I'd wait for the Xbox Scorpio, personally. Or get a second hand Xbox One S for now Samsung 55ks8000 is solid for the money!

"**Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for? "

Nah, it's the same "deluxe edition" anyone who pledged at ?45 or above will be getting. It's just listed as an add-on in case someone wanted an extra copy for a friend (or posterity). It's not very clear, as various high level backers have asked to tack on the USB. No need!

Great response, heartening stuff.

CDJay

Unless UHD uses different kind of laser, I wouldn't be suprised that they will add it to a update later on.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 32 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 20  21  22  ... 28  29  30  31  32
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page