of 10

Author Thread  
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/12/07 :  15:49:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Had a proper listen to Scott Brown & Neophyte's and it's very very good! I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's, but i do and you just gotta love that tune 'The Future Priests Of Now.' Fairly disapointed with 'This Is How We Do It' Remix by SB, i thought it was quite bland and lacked a catchy tune unlike the original.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2005/12/07 :  16:14:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Had a proper listen to Scott Brown & Neophyte's and it's very very good! I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's, but i do and you just gotta love that tune 'The Future Priests Of Now.' Fairly disapointed with 'This Is How We Do It' Remix by SB, i thought it was quite bland and lacked a catchy tune unlike the original.

I love future priest of now and have done for a long time:P

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2005/12/07 :  19:42:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's

I also prefered Neophyte's Gabber to Scott Brown's but all in all, its a ****ing mint CD!

HardCore Latina
Advanced Member

United States
611 posts
Posted - 2005/12/08 :  03:15:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardCore Latina's homepage  Reply with quote
Werd, SB & NEO's Cd was absolute dopeness, holy ****, my mouth dropped, i couldn't believe what I was listening to...it's been a while since I heard good chooonnzzz

As far as the other CD's, I wasn't exactly thrilled, they were ok :(

Hope Bonkers 16 is l33t

_BoNe_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,387 posts
_BoNe_ has donated money to the site _BoNe_ has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/12/08 :  09:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _BoNe_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Im proper into track 13 on Hixxy n Recon's disc - 'Pull Over' i think it is.

Sexual tune

################################

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/12/08 :  17:27:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Dougal & Gammer's mix is champion! Brilliant brilliant stuff, brilliant brilliant album.
Hixxy & Re-Con still wins hands down though.

Jon O-T
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
929 posts
Jon O-T has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/12/08 :  19:49:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
OK, here it is... the review everyones been waiting for... "Jon O-T's review of Bonkers 15"
Just for giggles, I have two ratings for each mix, My rating: how much I liked it, and Fair rating: how much I feel the mix should get for their efforts.

Hixxy & Re-Con:
Absolutly amazing mix! Had loads of catchy songs, many of which were a new surprise to me. Re-Con definatly made the mix an improvement from the previous bonkers, but superb work to both of them.

Favorite track(s):
4. Love comes
12. Scream
15. 21st century Rush

My rating: 9.5/10
Fair rating: 9/10

Sharkey & Marc Smith:
Quality! Hands down, best freeform mix I have ever heard. Very happy stuff most of the way through, and thats what I like. Love the way it seamed to flow from one track to the next, you can't tell when the track changes.

Favorite track(s):
2. Hold the Beat
9. Pump It Up
11. Count of 3

My rating: 8.5/10
Fair rating: 9.5/10

Scott Brown & Neophyte:
Not really my favorite genre of hardcore. Thought it probably would be mostly gabba though. Still, I'm glad theres something in it for everyone. It shouldn't just be 4 CDs of what "I" like. So in a way i'm kinda glad. For gabba though, pretty good mix!

Favorite track(s):
16. Back on track

My rating: 5.5/10

Dougal & Gammer:
Another great mix, really enjoyed it! Got a bit wild afer track 11, gave it an interesting kick IMO. A nice mixture of mostly happy, and a little bit of gabba! Great work guys!

Favorite track(s):
5. Open ur Eyes
11. Rock that body

My rating: 9/10

Appearence & packaging:
I liked advert, loved the front cover, and the individual CD's looked all right.
One small complaint is the little plastic bits that hold the CD's in place. Most of mine were broken. Sure it wasn't the record company's fault though.

To sum up...
Personal favorite mix just has to be Hixxy & Re-Con though! I absolutly love it!!!

Bonkers 15: 9/10 (end of professionalism )

Edited by - Jon O-T on 2005/12/08 19:51:43
Taiko
Average Member

United Kingdom
221 posts
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  00:22:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I panicked a little when the whole Golden Shower and Faceraping Paris Hilton bit came on, as I was on the phone to my nan. Still, liking the majority of it.

It's weird, before Bonkers 13 came out, on the Bonkers forums there was a topic about what people wanted to see in the future. It was posted by a fan of it all, but I remember posting about having b2b CD's. Seems weird now it's happened ^.~

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  02:52:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
New favourite gabber track:

Neophyte Vs. Lenny Dee - The Future Priests Of Now

djhixxy1

United Kingdom
107 posts
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  03:23:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dassfisken:
quote:
Originally posted by djhixxy1:

*checks head*
Whoa it's still there! I thought that cd might have blown it off

[

U should be checked by some professionals then

Crazy professionals?

Edited by - djhixxy1 on 2005/12/09 03:24:19
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  12:43:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
And the moral of this topic (and most other topics funnily enough) is that we all have our preferences, likes and dislikes!

I haven't bought B15 yet - my kids are getting me it for xmas so i don't have to endure the usual site such as socks that say 'WORLD'S GREATEST DADDY' on them.

As a result of me not yet obtaining said item i can't comment on it yet. However, i have heard the majority of the tunes featured in 3 of the 4 mixes and i'm confident it'll be much better than the last 3 at least.

As for Gammer & Recon's involvement, more of the same i say.

Both bring something different to Hardcore and i want to see them stick around (especially as Gammer is almost as sarcastic as me)!

FACT!
Gammer's set at the last HTID was the best set i've heard this year and possibly one of the greatest live sets i've ever heard (not really relevant but a good indication of how important he is to the scene today).

Call me an arse kisser if you want, maybe i am! :p

Dj Esi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
567 posts

26 hardcore releases
Dj Esi has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  21:32:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Esi's homepage  Reply with quote
neophyte is noe of ma idles yeah the nly problem there is no track listing for the cd wen you put in in cd windows media bonkers 15 and that but no artist or song title how gay but excellent cd's looking forward to 16 lol

Website - http://www.dj-esi.co.uk
My Space - http://www.myspace.com/dj_esi

Dj Esi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
567 posts

26 hardcore releases
Dj Esi has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  22:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Esi's homepage  Reply with quote
CD 1 (Hixxy & Re-Con) - brilliant.
CD 2 (Sharkey & Marc Smith) - brilliant.
CD 3 (Scott Brown & Neophyte) - WTF worst thing I've ever heard.
CD 4 (Dougal & Gammer) - brilliant (so far (only on track 2)).

Will someone please tell me what kind of hardcore CD 3 is? I want to know so I can steer clear of it for the rest of my life! I prefer music with a nice, bouncy tune (toytown, timebomb, elysium), not music that makes me want to rip my ears off. It's worse than metal!

do you know what your saying ^^^ neophyte i legend hence the title "legends of the core" he is excellent but it is a strange style of hardcore but it still aint that bad but it is excellent scott brown and neophyte have done albums b4 on hardcore a new beginning hardcore the second coming and hardcore the third wave they are all amazing coz these two are so alike in stylespo i totally disagree with your opinion

Website - http://www.dj-esi.co.uk
My Space - http://www.myspace.com/dj_esi

Jon O-T
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
929 posts
Jon O-T has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  22:30:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
i totally disagree with your opinion

Then quote his opinion so people don't think its yours

zelachang

United States
466 posts

54 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/12/09 :  22:57:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
just got this shipped from the UK, thanks amazon!
this is absolutely lovely!
I've only heard Sharkey/Marc Smith and Scott Brown/Neophyte cd but its absolutely bangin!
I'm not too keen on Dougal and Gammer and I'm not sure if going straight from gabber to Hixxy/Re-con would be wise so I'm saving those two for tommorrow

A woman who gives up sex too easily is like non-union labor. Union labor HATE that.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page